SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Weird recording issue with 6.3.9

A couple of recordings I had scheduled for tonight didn't start when they were supposed to. Both were supposed to record at 8:00 from my HDHomerun. I didn't happen to notice that there was a problem until almost 9:00. When I tried to manually tune to one of the channels, the recordings on both started all of a sudden. Upon looking into the problem further, I've found that the recording schedule screen is messed up. When I checked it just now, it was showing the recordings that were supposed to have started at 8 still on the schedule. It also thought that a recording that started at 9:00 and ended at 10 was still recording. When I tried to view a program on that tuner, I got the dialog asking me if I wanted to stop the recording even though it had actually ended an hour before. The time on the server is correct, and Sage is showing the correct time in the upper righthand corner when running the client on the server and also from my MVP.

Has anybody else seen weird stuff like this before? I'm going to stop and restart the server at my first opportunity, another recording is going now, to see if that clears up the problem.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-21-2008, 06:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

When I got up this morning the recording schedule was still showing the 8:00PM shows yesterday as the next to record. In total I think there had been 4 recordings that were in the past still showing. Stopping and restarting the server service seemed to correct the problem, as after I did it the recording schedule no longer showed yesterday's events. The other weird thing that was going on last night, was when I was laying in bed, playback of the event that was recording was messed up. It would start playing for a few seconds but then loop and go back to the beginning of the file. I'm thinking it was probably all the same issue, but I guess time will tell.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure if this would cause any issues like that, but have you extended the scheduling lookahead time?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I'm not sure if this would cause any issues like that, but have you extended the scheduling lookahead time?

- Andy
Actually, I didn't know I could do that. Unless I did it by accident somehow, I don't think that's it.

Mike
Old 02-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

All I can say is I am seeing weird recording also. Sage never recorded Jericho Tuesday or Wednesday's episode of Big Brother(but did record Tuesday's), yet both are favorites and were in the schedule.