SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Sage User

SageTV 2.0 - Change Recording Quality Issue

I have my default recording quality set for SVCD, which is great for normal daily viewing, but I occasionally manually schedule a recording that is not a favorite, or I will look at the upcoming recoding schedule and make an adjustment to that individual upcoming recording.

I click RECORD OPTIONS on the description of the show, then select CHANGE RECORDING QUALITY. It will show DEFAULT at the top, so I then select DVD LONG PLAY 2.5, then select the back button to return to the menus. I intend on burning a DVD of this program, thus the increase in quality setting.

I have then gone to watch the show, and found that the file is at SVCD quality. It did not remember that I changed it.

I have followed the same procedure, then a day or two before whatever show I've scheduled is due to record, gone back to the RECORD OPTIONS again to verify it was changed, and again the recording quality is back to DEFAULT. I then again change it to DVD LONG PLAY 2.5, then click BACK to get out of the selected show. It sometimes seems to stick the 2nd time, or again, the day of the recording, I check again, only to find it at DEFAULT, or sometimes it's kept my setting and is still on DVD LONG PLAY 2.5.

Anyone else have this happening to them, or is this some issue with 2.0 that needs to be patched? I can't see where I'm doing anything different or incorrectly than I should. I would like to have a resolution to this, since I'm missing episodes which may not repeat for months due to them being recorded at DEFAULT recording quality.

---
DON3k
Old 05-27-2004, 07:02 AM
Sage User

Confirmed. In v1.4 I had some shows set to good (1GB) quality but that was really too low. I never got around to increasing it. After installing v2 I did go back and change them all to best (2GB) quality, and the options for each now reflect that. However it's still recording at the old quality. Deleting and readding the favorite might fix it though.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Sage User

I'm just wondering here, so take it for what it's worth. Perhaps once a show has been scheduled (is showing up on the upcoming recordings), its properties have been set. That may not jive with your description of changing settings for a specific upcoming episode, though.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Sage User

Please see my new message titled SageTV Client not updating Sage Server

I believe this is actually the issue

---
DON3k
Old 05-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Sage User

While I do have Sage Client, I was making the changes from the Sage Server. Let me try deleting the favorite and see what that does.