SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Sage Expert

get series in episode order

Is there a plugin or method to get a collection of episodes for a show listed in proper episode order. So, if you recorded them out of order for whatever reason and are now trying to play them back you can easily play them in the proper order (trying to record old seasons of 24 and makes me crazy trying to figure out which episode for each year is supposed to be the first, after that it's easy.)

Checking out Threshold and recorded a bunch of episodes one weekend when they reaired but would rather not have to keep a printout handy so I know which episode to watch next.

thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Administrator

Do you mean something other than choosing Original Air Date or Show ID as the sort order for the recordings? (Though, IDs are not always in the order the episodes were aired.) That's part of the default STV, if that is what you are using.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Do you mean something other than choosing Original Air Date or Show ID as the sort order for the recordings? (Though, IDs are not always in the order the episodes were aired.) That's part of the default STV, if that is what you are using.
I think I mean something other then that, but maybe not. If I don't record a show during it's original air date say Star Trek reruns. Can Sage really find the real original air date and so order shows in the correct viewing order. Maybe Star Trek is extreme (and exact order is less important,) what about a season of 24 from 2 or 3 years ago where correct order is very important (they are being re-aired around here on some channel.) When I've tried this it doesn't quite seem like it's getting me what I need, and as you say the ID doesn't do this reliably either. However, if you tell me this should work I'm happy to go back and fiddle around and see if I just missed something.

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
Can Sage really find the real original air date and so order shows in the correct viewing order.
Yes; the original air date is part of the EPG data and is visible on the Recording Details screen. That's why there's an Orig Air Date sorting option separate from the Oldest First and Newest First options. Why don't you give it a try and see for yourself whether it works?

(Although with Threshold it scarcely matters what order you watch them in since they all have the same plot: detect an outbreak, jump on the jet, wipe out the bad guys, go home and do it all again next week. No wonder it didn't last more than half a season.)
Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks Greg, twice.

I'll try out that sort order and sounds like I don't need to worry about threshold much. I'd only watched the first 2 episodes which seemed pretty cool, but if it degenerated to that sort of repetition then I probably won't bother.

Take it easy.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Sage Icon

I use the malore option in the hidden extras and it lists shows by the episode number, exactly what you want. The original air date can sometimes be incorrect.

S
Old 01-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
I use the malore option in the hidden extras and it lists shows by the episode number, exactly what you want. The original air date can sometimes be incorrect.
It probably varies by show as to which one is the correct order, but I found some shows to be the opposite as I mentioned above. I had a couple series from last fall where the Show IDs were out of order when compared to the original airing date, which matched the actual recording date.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Sage User

I have played with the sort by original air date option but there is only one sort order option. What I want is to have the first list of Sage Recordings sorted by show name or series title (sort A -> Z). But when this is selected the episodes within a show are listed in their record order which for older shows may not match the original air date order. I would like to have the option of a different sort order for the list of episodes within a show name/series so that the episodes can be listed by original air date.

If Sage can already do this, then I have missed it and would appreicate it if someone could point out how to do this. If Sage currently can't do this then this would be at the top of my list of requested enhancements.
Current Setup: Windows 10 Pro x64, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 Motherboard, Intel Core i5 2400 (3.1Ghz), HD Homerun Prime, InfiniTV 6 PCIe, 25TB of SATA disks, all internal. Sharp Aquos LC-46D62U LCD 1080P TV, Denon 3808CI, Infinity speakers, no Sub yet.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

pjaffray,

Make sure you are using the hidden extras AKA malore menus. You can setup up to 6 Views. See example attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg views.JPG (170.0 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg myTV.JPG (68.7 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-01-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Sage Expert

Got this working and is very nice, but do see what folks were saying about original air date versus ID, neither seems to be perfect.

Also, prefer MC so have to get this working inside sageMC.

thanks