SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-18-2008, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Upgraded to v.6, now I get static.

A new bug, possibly?

This never happened with v.5, so, the logical place to look is v.6

For no apparent reason, I turn on my TV from time to time (same effect over Placeshifter), and I am greeted with visual and audible "static", a more violent version of what used to happen when TV channels signed off before cable.

The guide works, I can set up recordings, and the "engine" still changes channels on my set top box, although the recording itself if just static as well (either from Placeshifter or locally).

I can also play recordings successfully. Same for online services and media - all fine.

However, live television is nothing but total noise.

A reboot of the software app solves the problem, but is more stable if I just re-boot the system.

It is a real drag when using Placeshifter, as I often do, as there is no way to watch live tv anymore unless I go home, re-boot, and voila - live tv re-appears.

help!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi tvmaster2,

Have you checked your windows event log? Is there anything interesting in there?

You can also enable debug logging in sage;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage manual
Debug logging can be enabled by setting this properties in your SageTV properties file:

debug_logging=TRUE

In that property line, TRUE must be in all CAPS, as shown above.
This might give some hints as to what's going on.

Do you have the latest drivers for your tuner cards? Does this happen after the machine returns form stand by?

Do you have the latest java runtime? It seems strange but one of the sage servers that I setup wasn't able to tune tv correctly until I applied the java update.

Good luck.

Mick.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

thanks, i will check some of those elements and report back.