SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Placeshifter - stuck in trial when I have a license

I've been testing the SageTV placeshifter and let the trial expire. I then purchased a new license for the placeshifter, input the license on the server PC (it now shows 2 licenses, one for my MVP and another for the placeshifter)
and then tried to log in to placeshifter, but it's still telling me that my trial has ended.

Am I missing a step to get the placeshifter to recognize my license?

Thanks,
Old 01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

reboot.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
reboot.
Good idea. I'll try it if I can ever find a time when I'm home from work and my wife and daughter don't have the tv going

Thanks for the advice,
Old 01-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Administrator

The instructions say to exit SageTV on the server before entering those licenses... did you make sure SageTV wasn't running when you added them? If not, try closing SageTV, then remove & re-add them. If rebooting and/or this doesn't work, then contact tech support.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you close out of SageTV (including the service) when you executed the Extender/Placeshifter serial registration program? The fact that it shows 2 licences now leads me to believe it won't make a difference but you might try unregistering the licences and then re-registering them with the server stopped.

Edit: too late

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 01-14-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: add edit
Old 01-14-2008, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Read the instructions! Not me - no way....

Okay, I'll admit I failed and did not read those instructions. I'm going to try the advice above and if all else I'll contact tech support.

Dang it I wish I'd followed the basic procedures in the first place...

By the way, thanks to all for the help and advice above - I appreciate it.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Success!
I followed the advice of Andy & Bob and closed SageTV, then removed both licenses and re-added them.

All is working as expected now and I'll try to be better about following instructions

Thanks again for the help guys,
Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 AM
Sage User

Hmmm, I'm having the same exact problem. I'll shutting down, removed and readding and see if that helps. What a pain in the
Old 05-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Sage User

Just wanted to stop back and let you guys know it worked for me as well. The '2 week trial' ended yesterday and the wife was complaining.

I closed out of Sage server, added the license in again, rebooted the server machine, started up the server again and it works great!

Thank you