SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

More dumb HDHR questions . . .

I was able to get the HDHR working, and it looks great, however I am having a few problems.

I currently have my Hauppauge 500 setup to use the Comcast - Pottstown lineup for my EPG. Per sugestions on this board, I setup my HDHR to use a neighboring city's EPG (Comcast - Sellersville) However when I choose KYW, it uses the 500 to tuner instead of the HDHR's digital version of KYW. Similarly with Bravo and other channels that have both an analog and digital equivalent. If I were to use the Comcast - Digital Pottstown lineup would the encoder merit setting kick in (since both lineups would be Comcast Pottstown) when choosing channels that had both digital (HDHR) and analog (500) versions? If not, how can I record Bravo on the HDHR and not on the Hauppauge 500?
Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

The encoder merit should kick in because the 2 lineups are different, one is analog and the other is digital. If that doesn't work you could always disable Bravo on the 500.

Are you able to get Bravo using clear QAM or over the air on the HDHR?
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Calgar, I just want to clarify what you said . . . If my lineups are like this:

Hauppauge 500 - Comcast-Pottstown
HDHR - Comcast-Digital Pottstown

then the encoder merit settings should work, correct? BTW, where are the merit settings and what should they be and are they set that way automatically or do I need to change them myself?

I am getting Bravo over clear QAM, but its not HD, its just digital (much nicer looking than analog though)
Old 12-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, those are the 2 you should be using. The encoder merit settings are in the sage properties file. You have to completely shutdown sage and then manually edit the file. Each tuner has an encoder merit so for the HDHR you will have to set it for each of the tuners.
The highest value are used first, the default value is 0. I would set the HDHR to 5 or 10, but you can use any reasonable value.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, no luck, I set the 500 to Comcast Pottstown and the HDHR to Comcast Digital Pottstown and then tweaked the encoder merit settings to HDHR (10) and 500 (0) and Bravo will still record on the 500 and not the HDHR. I ended up removing Bravo from the 500's lineup and it records on the HDHR for the moment, but this is only a temporary solution and I'd like to get it all working corectly. any suggestions?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Well, no luck, I set the 500 to Comcast Pottstown and the HDHR to Comcast Digital Pottstown and then tweaked the encoder merit settings to HDHR (10) and 500 (0) and Bravo will still record on the 500 and not the HDHR. I ended up removing Bravo from the 500's lineup and it records on the HDHR for the moment, but this is only a temporary solution and I'd like to get it all working corectly. any suggestions?

Did you did stop the service/GUI before making the change to the property file? That's an important part of making changes to Sage properties that wasn't mentioned.

Stu
Old 01-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stu,

I thought I had stopped the service, but I was mistaken. That seems to have fixed the problem, thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it