SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can only view one HDHR channel in 6.2.8

I installed the 9/14/2007 HDHR firmware. That broke my HDHR channel mappings, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to move to 6.2.8

I followed the instructions here:

http://www.silicondust.com/wiki/hdho...ChannelMapping

All my HDHR channels displayed properly in VLC via the HDHR channel lineup scan tool. I then added the BDA tuners to Sage and remapped my HDHR channels to the new n-n-n format displayed in the setup tool.

Only one channel works from within Sage (currently CBS-Digital). All the others are just black or show the "No Signal" message. I tried the "How to get HDHR QAM working with v6.2" thread, but the links in the guide have are dead. I'd like to check for those "unique channel identifiers", but I have no idea what file the author is referring to!
Old 09-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Sage Expert

The "How to get HDHR QAM working with v6.2" thread is a little confusing now that they've changed the setup routine.

The Silicon Dust setup program creates an .xml file that remaps the x-x channel format into an x-x-x format that the BDA drivers understand. Though, only the first digit seems to be really important. As of this writing only renumbered channels 2-69 are usable.

You'll need to deactivate any channels found in the setup program that don't give usable, or wanted, video feeds until all your desired channels fit into the channels 2 through 69.

Once in SageTV, use the Remap function to point to the remapped x-x-x channels. Though I found my setup only worked if I used the first x number from the renumbered channels.

Honestly, I haven't really seen much improvement using the BDA drivers over the Network Encoder. If the "symbol quality %" drops then the resulting file halts, skips and just makes it unwatchable.

I hope the future brings better frame correction in firmware or some type of monitor program for Sage that corrects errors as they happen.

EDIT: I also noticed that the HDHR 2007-0914 setup program didn't update the firmware automatically, I had to manually upgrade it using the GUI app.

Last edited by Conejo; 09-15-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks! Dropping the -x-x and just using channels 2-8 in Sage fixed it.

I never had any issues with the HDHR as a network encoder, but it will be nice not to have to reconfigure my service dependencies every time I upgrade SageTV.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Thanks! Dropping the -x-x and just using channels 2-8 in Sage fixed it.

I never had any issues with the HDHR as a network encoder, but it will be nice not to have to reconfigure my service dependencies every time I upgrade SageTV.

I had the same issues frustrating when you spend the time to read instructions and they don't work! I spent a good 4 hrs last night and I couldn't get all my channels to work in Sage although they all worked with VLC.

I read this message this morning and I had all working in 5 min using just he First Digit in the remap.

It will be nice when the channel list is automatically intergrated so we only have to set up the channel editor in HDHomrun Config.

Technazz
Old 09-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll
There is an update that isn't included in 6.2 release working with HDHR latest driver for mapping QAM channel.
when you finish HDHR channel mapping, HDHR creates *.scn files into SageTV directory, SageTV loads *.scn file to remap channel in SageTV when you do channel scan in SageTV (that is a virtual scan).

if you have any problem, raise a bug report with your native.log.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
To enable native.log
create an empty file "NATIVE_LOG.ENABLE" in sagetv directory, restart sagetv. sagetv creates a log "native.log"
Old 09-16-2007, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll
There is an update that isn't included in 6.2 release working with HDHR latest driver for mapping QAM channel.
when you finish HDHR channel mapping, HDHR creates *.scn files into SageTV directory, SageTV loads *.scn file to remap channel in SageTV when you do channel scan in SageTV (that is a virtual scan).

if you have any problem, raise a bug report with your native.log.

To enable native.log
create an empty file "NATIVE_LOG.ENABLE" in sagetv directory, restart sagetv. sagetv creates a log "native.log"
Let me make sure I understand. After I've replaced the dll and I'm all done with scanning channels with the HDHR Channel editor and I have my lineup.xml file do I tell Sage to also "Scan for channels"? Then I don't do a physical remap to the n-n-n numbers? (Only using the first digit works for me anyways.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

I installed the new dll
Then opened HDHR Setup utility from Start/programs.
Clicked 'apply'.
Opened 'channel editor'.
Did not do a rescan.
Just clicked 'save'.

I then checked back in SageTV folder and my 4 *.scn files had updated from friday to today.

Kevin
Old 09-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
I installed the new dll
Then opened HDHR Setup utility from Start/programs.
Clicked 'apply'.
Opened 'channel editor'.
Did not do a rescan.
Just clicked 'save'.

I then checked back in SageTV folder and my 4 *.scn files had updated from friday to today.

Kevin
after that click "Scan For Availabe Channels" in Channel Setup, SageTV loads *.scn data to replace your current channel mapping, backup sage.properties and win.bin for testing, in case something go wrong.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Expert

Downloaded DShowCapture.dll and replaced the file in the SageTV directory.

This may automate the process of getting the remap into Sage but I found two pitfalls:

1. The scanned channels need to be remapped to their Logical Channels (80-2 to 702) each time I rescan to update a minor change
2. I loose the ability to assign Zap2It Program ID Numbers to any extra channels I found that aren't in the channel lineup (KGODT = 19574, KNTVDT = 21785)

If SiliconDust (and Sage) would allow Logical Channel Mapping and extra Zap2It Program ID to be entered and transferred then this might be a working solution for HD channel mapping.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo View Post
Downloaded DShowCapture.dll and replaced the file in the SageTV directory.

This may automate the process of getting the remap into Sage but I found two pitfalls:

1. The scanned channels need to be remapped to their Logical Channels (80-2 to 702) each time I rescan to update a minor change
2. I loose the ability to assign Zap2It Program ID Numbers to any extra channels I found that aren't in the channel lineup (KGODT = 19574, KNTVDT = 21785)
you change a channel name of in HDHR editor to link the channel in HDHR to SageTV's EPGLineup, say KMEX for 702 KMEX, after scanning channel in SageTV (loading HDHR data), you remap logical channel number to 702 in SageTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo View Post

If SiliconDust (and Sage) would allow Logical Channel Mapping and extra Zap2It Program ID to be entered and transferred then this might be a working solution for HD channel mapping.
raise a request to Silicondust.

Last edited by donkey; 09-17-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage Expert

I had tuning issues using the modified DShowCapture.dll file so I've deleted the "Silicondust HDHomerun Tuner nnnnnnnn-x-x-ATSC.frq" file and reverted back to the previous .dll version and am back to using the first x of the x-x-x remap. Channel to channel Tuning is stable for me using this method.

Donkey,
Quote:
you change a channel name of in HDHR editor to link the channel in HDHR to SageTV's EPGLineup, say KMEX for 702 KMEX, after scanning channel in SageTV (loading HDHR data), you remap logical channel number to 702 in SageTV.
Your sentence was impossible for me to follow.
The instructions from SiliconDust originally said to prefix the Guide Name with the Logical Ch. No., (702 KCBAHD), but now they leave that instruction out. Very confusing.

When they improve this process I'll try it again, but for now I'm good.

SiliconDust WISHLIST:
Have SiliconDust server include a MASK (Freq, Ch-Sub, ID, Zap2it#, Logical Cable Ch) to supplement or augment what the user found when they initially do a scan.
Allow the user to add Zap2It program IDs for extra channels.
Allow the user to change the Logical Channel to their liking.
Use single-digits on the Physical Channel remap, let the remap file do the magic freq/ch/sub translations.
Allow the user to SAVE AS and LOAD previous channel mappings.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
after that click "Scan For Availabe Channels" in Channel Setup, SageTV loads *.scn data to replace your current channel mapping, backup sage.properties and win.bin for testing, in case something go wrong.
Does anyone know what to do if the HD HomeRun channel scan misses a channel? Just adding it manually to the *.scn file doesn't do the trick. Is there another file that can be edited?

[edit] Nevermind, I found the file. It was in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\lineup.xml. Sorry for being a little slow

Last edited by spacecadet; 09-19-2007 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Sage Icon

I had been using the firmware and software from June with good results, but I've been having a lot of signal problems lately and decided to upgrade when I saw the changelog mention some signal things. Boy, that was a mistake. It's taken me all day of poking and prodding to get Sage to see my channels again, and now that is does, the tuning time is sooo slow. I'm not sure who is at fault here (Sage or SD), but someone did something wrong...