SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage User

How to tell to not record a program?

Main Menu -> Schedule Recordings -> View Recording Schedule -> select a day. My Recording Schedule displays three times* for the Special Report with Britt Hume on Fox News. Selecting one of them -> Record Options ... I don't see any options for not recording this show. Is there a way to tell SageTV to not record a show?

*Note that three times are listed because Favorites is set for "First Runs & ReRuns". For some reason, when I select "First Runs" for the Special Report on Fox News, nothing is recorded ... problem has been verified by SageTV tech support.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Administrator

It just has a generic show ID, so SageTV can't distinguish between episodes.

You could use the Advanced Options on the Favorite Details screen to limit it to record only during a specific hour.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Sage User

Hi Andy,

1. Your suggestion works. Thanks.

2. What about recording the Jay Leno Tonight Show? ... it starts at 10:35pm and ends at 11:35pm ... not a choice in the advanced options.

3. I've had a few occasions where SageTV starts recording, and I want to stop. I don't see any options to stop recording.

Last edited by cte; 01-03-2008 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Clarify questions.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
Quote:
Originally Posted by cte View Post
Hi Andy,

1. Your suggestion works. Thanks.

2. What about recording the Jay Leno Tonight Show? ... it starts at 10:35pm and ends at 11:35pm ... not a choice in the advanced options.

3. I've had a few occasions where SageTV starts recording, and I want to stop. I don't see any options to stop recording.

2. Just pick the 10-10:59pm timeslot as long as the start time is within that 1 hour window it works fine.

3. Just click once on the show, and select Record Options... And select "Cancel this Recording"
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?

Last edited by Fastrack; 01-03-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrack View Post
3. Just click once on the show, and select Record Options... And select "Cancel this Recording"
This will only stop it if it is a Manual recording & not a Favorite. For recordings in progress, I don't worry about it & just delete it later if I don't want to keep it. For IR, I mark unwanted shows as Don't Like.

If there is something else you want to record at that time instead of some Favorite, simply set it as a manual recording & then confirm that you want to record it instead of the other one if/when asked.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
This will only stop it if it is a Manual recording & not a Favorite. For recordings in progress, I don't worry about it & just delete it later if I don't want to keep it. For IR, I mark unwanted shows as Don't Like.

If there is something else you want to record at that time instead of some Favorite, simply set it as a manual recording & then confirm that you want to record it instead of the other one if/when asked.

- Andy

Very true, I forgot about that.
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
Old 01-03-2008, 09:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there any way to stop a recording in progress? Is it an option to just press a button during the recording?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Is there any way to stop a recording in progress? Is it an option to just press a button during the recording?
I use this plugin, which when you press STOP, it presents options which you can do - one of which is "stop recording - keep partial file".

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11603
Old 01-03-2008, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I use this plugin, which when you press STOP, it presents options which you can do - one of which is "stop recording - keep partial file".

Thanks! Just what I was looking for. Would be nice to have this functionality built into the core, but this will do what I need it to. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:

This is the only way to stop a recording that's in progress? Must be....

I don't understand why, if I have a recording going, I can't stop it (without modding Sage).

I get three options when clicking a recording in progress, and going to the 'Record Options' screen.
1. Record this show
2. Remove this favorite
3. Adjust favorite options

First of all, why would I want to record this show (Option 1) when I'm already recording it???

All I need is an option that says "Stop the darn recording". I just want to stop this one favorite recording that's in progres. I don't want to set up a window, etc for this one instance. How could this have been overlooked as a core feature?

Trying the mod now...
Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

I agree. It's odd that this basic feature is still missing.

Last edited by fac13; 09-08-2008 at 10:12 AM.