SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dont Kill the Messenger

Look,

I know its been Christmas, I know Sage has been busy fixing problems etc.

But a little hand holding for the people purchasing thier products would be nice.

Even a little "We Hear You!" would be good.

The HD Extender is an excellent product, a little buggy, but Sage really needs to chime in on some of these issue with a Sticky or something.

Thanks for all the hard work guys.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator

So I briefly check the forum before heading for bed & see a few posts insisting on forum responses from SageTV... I'll pick this place to reply: This is a user to user forum. If you want tech support, there are several places on the forum with links for contacting tech support. I think you'll get a reply there within the timeframe it says. There may be some forum posts from others at SageTV as people come back from vacations.

As for me making posts on the forum: I'm on vacation spending time with my family. I may make a few posts here & there, but I am much more interested in spending time with my daughters and other family members than researching replies for the forum.

I'm sure we'll all be back to regular working hours within days. So, how about a little patience and recognition that life exists outside the forum for some of us. See you later!

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bang, you shot me Opus.

Frankly I run a business, have a family etc.

I know this is a user to user forum.

I was asking for "and received" a response from someone at Sage. "I assume you work for them."

That is all we are looking for, I understand thier are allways problems with new hardware, and I dont think any of us are asking for instant results. We are trying to resolve these problems among one another and share our results, that is what this forum is for.

But Sage also has and opprotunity and in my opinion and obligation to at least acknowledge that these are problems and to let thier end users, and might I add thier devoted PAYING customers know they are working on it.

Thats all man, nothing more, so I didnt mean to step on toes, I just wanted someone like yourself to chime in and let us know you are aware of the problems. Thanks for all you do here Opus it is appreciated. So go spend some more time with your family and have an egg nog on me.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thought I'd add my 2 cents. I agree with both of you. It would be nice if Sage would publish a list of known issues. There seem to be a lot of what I'd call minor problems with the new HD extenders. I think if folks know that Sage is working on a problem they're seeing that they'll be a lot more understanding. On the other hand, it is holiday time so I think we all want to spend some time with our families right now.

With that in mind, I have to give some big kudos to Sage support. I submitted a bug report last week, and have exchanged several e-mails with a very knowledgeable gentleman. What's particularly impressed me is that the last 2 replies from him came on the Sunday before Christmas and Christmas day itself. That's what I call dedication. If his efforts are indicative of the entire company, then I think we'll see these extender issues get knocked out in short order.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Andy, have a nice vacation. In my opinion you deserve it.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Sage Expert

Andy, thank you for all the work you are doing and Happy Holidays. I am completely new to Sage with my purchase of HD extender but I have to say that I haven't experienced better support than what I am getting from you guys. I know that there is lots of things on your todo list and different users have different priorities, but just seeing the dedication of you guys proves that going with Sage was the right choice.