SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Mac Edition
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Mac Edition Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Mac edition. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Mac edition should be posted here.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage User

AC3 on SageClient

I'm unable to get DD 5.1 sound (AC3) over SPDIF using SageClient on my iMac. Has anyone gotten this to work?

I've got Audio Output set to "SPDIF" under "Detailed Settings --> Video / Audio", and Play Alerts through SPDIF set under the Sound properties in System Preferences. I get regular PCM (2-channel) output just fine over SPDIF, but not 5.1 when using SageTV. If I use VLC on the same .ts file, I do get 5.1 audio, so there must be a SageTV setting I'm missing. Any ideas?

Same behavior using 6.2.10, and the new 6.3.1 beta.

Thanks,
Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Sage User

Good question anyone?

I just setup a Mini at my mom's house. I'm using front row there, but I plan on building one for myself once everything is working. She can only get 5.1 via Front Row/DVD Player if you set the preferences in the DVD Player app. She can also get it while in VLC (or at least should, i haven't tested it, but i've read it works fine).

Sage is probably overkill for her, but if it supported 5.1 that might be a selling point. Quicktime doesn't support it, so neither will front row (outside of DVD's).

It would be really annoying to have to exit SageTV to VLC just to play 5.1, although I'm already doing that on the PC version for alternative subtitle tracks on some files.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had this same problem on both my main machine, AND my client upstairs. I then found This from AC3 filter, and with that properly set up, I now have full 5.1 from both of my machines.
It may not help you running a mac OS, but anyone using Windows should find this sorts the problem