SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Sage Expert

SageTV Client gives "ERROR (-5): Cannot view program because it has not started"

Using SageTV Client 6.2.10.152, I get "ERROR (-5): Cannot view program because it has not started" when trying to change channels.

SageTV Media Center (the server) is able to change channels just fine. If I change the channel on the server, the client is able to see the channel change when under "live tv". The client cannot tune without doing it at the "server".

This is my first attempt at a SageTV client/server set-up. Am I completely missing something here?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Sage Expert

What 'client' are you referring to?

"SageTV (Media Center Server)" is both a server and a client.
"SageTV Client", "Placeshifter" and the "Media Extender" are also clients.

"Switching channels" on the SageTV (server/client) would not switch channels on any of the clients -- they tune independently.

Please tell us about your setup:
Computer(s)
Displaying on a Monitor, DTV, what?
Type of tuner/capture device used?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry, let me try to be more clear:

Current Setup:
1) PC1 (Server): Sage TV Media Center (v6.2.10.152)
a) Windows Vista Ultimate (2GB ram, AMD X2 2.1Ghz)
b) Display on VGA monitor (ATI Radeon x1250)
c) Single ATI Rage theatre pro 550 analog tuner (more tuners will be added, if I can get this working)

2) PC2 (Client): Sage TV Client (v6.2.10.152) (Not MVP, Not placeshifter)
a) Windows Vista Ultimate (2GB ram, AMD X2 2.1Ghz)
b) Display on VGA monitor (ATI Radeon x1250)

Problem:
PC1 can tune and view channels. PC2 can view the channels PC1 is viewing, but cannot change channels. If PC1 is not viewing any channels, PC2 cannot view anything, nor can it change channels.

Error returned when trying to change channels on PC2 at any time is:
ERROR (-5): Cannot view program because it has not started

Goals, if I can get SageTV working:
Eventually, 3 more tuners will be added to the server, and the server will be stuck in a closet with no display. I will then add 2 more Sage TV Clients (and by clients I'm talking PC with SageTV Client installed, not MVP, Placeshifter, etc.)
Old 11-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Sage Expert

Boy, do I feel dumb.

Clock on PC2 (client) was off by one day... I'll have to figure out why the time on that PC isn't syncing correctly, but that's another issue.

Tuning problem: Solved.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage Expert

I've never heard that different PC clocks was a problem, and I never would have guessed it would interrupt the ability to view LiveTV. To see what happened I set my Client PC 2-1/2 days ahead. But when I launched SageTV Client it instantly synchronized to the SageTV Server Time.
Didn't know THAT would happen. I don't know if it sync'd with my SageTV PC or the Frey Time Server.

Disabling 'Sync System Clock with SageTV Server' allowed my to duplicate your issue with LiveTV. Black screen, no channel control. I could exit, but nothing else.

You're lucky you're smarter than me.

Time is absolute! No, Time is relative. No, Time is a constant. No, Time is a contrivance of man and doesn't exist. Yet Time knows no bounds.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Sage Expert

I have SageTV set to sync with Frey server on both server and client, but it doesn't happen. I'm guessing its Vista UAC getting in the way.

Now I've another problem with time:
SageTV is behind my system clock by 6 hours. If windows says its 7:00PM, Sage (both server, and client) thinks its 1:00PM... I've started another thread for it here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28371