SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Sage User

Any way to view SageTV as a sidebar gadget?

Would love to be able to view SageTV in a Vista Sidebar Gadget. Can this been done ?

Thanks,
Michael
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGEaustin View Post
Would love to be able to view SageTV in a Vista Sidebar Gadget. Can this been done ?

Thanks,
Michael
Which parts of the interface were you thinking should be displayed in the sidebar?

Mick.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

It would be cool to have video playback in a sidebar that is always on top - since the sidebar keeps apps from maximizing over the top of it.

I like windows sidebar, but don't really care for Vista's performance at the moment....
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Sage User

Yes.. video in the sidebar. I don't mind if it's small... I like to halfway watch TV while I do other things on my laptop. Maybe a double click to make the video full screen when I really want for pay attention to it. I use a small floating window now, but I keep having to move it around became it gets in the way of scroll bars, etc.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Right click titlebar, Always on Top?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Which parts of the interface were you thinking should be displayed in the sidebar?

Mick.
I would like to see a list of recordings currently in progress. It would be nice to have most of the same information shown by the recording schedule. I think this by itself would be a very useful gadget.
In a perfect world I would like to see the ability to mark a recording as manual. A user would also be able to adjust the padding using the gadget. Currently I have to wake up my server to do these basic tasks. I have to do the padding whenever a sports event screws up the schedule.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgar View Post
I would like to see a list of recordings currently in progress. It would be nice to have most of the same information shown by the recording schedule. I think this by itself would be a very useful gadget.
In a perfect world I would like to see the ability to mark a recording as manual. A user would also be able to adjust the padding using the gadget. Currently I have to wake up my server to do these basic tasks. I have to do the padding whenever a sports event screws up the schedule.

I think you could probably do this with the RSS feeds from the web interface, couldn't you? I know there is a sidebar gadget for feeds.