SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Sage User

SageTV Lockups (somewhat repeatable)

Running SageTV 6.1.9 (just downloaded 6.2.10) and nVidia purevideo decoder platinum. When watching a pre-recorded show it appears that at seeming random intervals, the very end of the show will lock up the video device.

This wouldn't be much of a problem, but the machine still responds to pings - in addition, the hard disk still "blips" as if Sage is still recording. Just looks like the video device locks - VNC is unresponsive at this time - I'm thinking it might be an issue with the purevideo decoder, but unfortunately it's the only decoder that I have found will display properly on an NTSC S-Video out (deinterlaces properly.) Did I mention that the actual recorder/player is in my basement hooked up to the TV upstairs via a 30 ' svideo cable? Makes reboots somewhat inconvenient.

Any thoughts?

Athlon XP2800, 6600GT AGP, 1GB ram, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. No other applications on the box other than SageTV, VNC, Java 1.6 and purevideo/nv drivers. XP fully patched. Previous box with similar hardware never once locked up like this - it would glitch every now and again on playback (stutter after FF) but other than that, fine. This box rocks - with the exception of the once or twice weekly unscheduled reboots. I do reboot the box via script once a week.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Sage User

As an update, when the box locks, it appears to lock hard. No Sage menu, just what seems to be one of the last frames of the show being watched. Other than the hard disk light blinking, I can't remote to it. Just turned on remote desktop - I'll see if that allows me to take over the box when it's in this state since the box still kind of appears to be awake....
Old 10-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Sage User

Upgraded to the latest today as well as moved the PVR-500 card into a different PCI slot. One of the tuners was using IRQ19 as was the AGP 6600GT, which in previous posts was considered an issue. I'll let you know how things go...
Old 10-02-2007, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

If you still have problems, check your system logs in Administrative Tools. I had similar issues a few months back. I would get random hard locks and reboots while playing videos from my video library. I was able to trace it back to the Xvid decoder from information in the logs. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Sage User

Checked up on event viewer - no dice. The lockups are occurring when watching the PVR-500's mpeg2 streams, prerecorded or not.

No lockups since upgrade and card swaps; I'm still knockin' on wood.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Sage User

I have the same tuner card and purevideo with the same problem.

I love the features version 6 and have the video looking great but the lock ups are driving me CRAZY
Old 12-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Sage User

Soory to resume such an old thread.

Have you solved the locking problem?

If yes, how?

Thanks