SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Sage User

A couple of questions about configuring SageTV

I am a new user. I have setup a box with 2 tuners. One tuner I have setup as a network encoder and would like to use as default for watching TV and recording HD shows. The second is an ATI TV Wonder card that I would only use if my first tuner were already recording. I am also using an USB-UIRT as an IR Blaster to control my STB.

1. How can I specify which card SageTV will use as default for watching live TV and recording HD shows?

2. How can I get SageTV to change channels using the network encoder tuner as I can with the TV Wonder? I have changed the properties file so that the network encoder is using the same IR configuration as the TV Wonder and when I go into the Tuner configuration I can see that network encoder has the same tuner control as the TV Wonder. However it seems that SageTV is ignoring the configuration and when I change channels using the network tuner it does not send the signal to the STB. I know I can use other software such as Girder or EventGhost to get that to work but I would rather use the built-in functionality.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadavo View Post
1. How can I specify which card SageTV will use as default for watching live TV and recording HD shows?
you can specify the priority of the tuners in sage.properties. Find the encoder_merit=0 setting (there is one for each tuner) and set it to a higher number the higher the priority.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Sage User

Thank you for the reply that seemed to work.