SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC good, However couple questions.

Latest sagemc with latest sage 6.

I just started playing with SageMC and it is really nice stv, However there couple things driving me nuts.

1: The left arrow key I can go back a menu or use it as left move, Either or, seems like there could be some intelligent key function here, Maybe (Hopefully) theres a plugin or setting that Im missing? The left key is not the only example I can think of just the first.

2: I like the way MC handles the DVD's The profiler/IMDB setting is just plain Awesome, However I run into a problem When I come to a issue with 2 disk DVD's, I normally store 2 disk dvds in a folder labeld via the DVD name then sub folder labeled DVD 1 or DVD 2, AKA: \Final Destination 3\DVD 1 then \Final Destination 3\DVD 2. This Plays great by automatically queing the DVD's, But it leaves DVD 1 with the full description and DVD 2 blank. Is there anyway to group DVD's together so that A: they both show the same description and B: maybe a couple more selections when it comes to playing those dvd's.

Thanks
jc
Old 12-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

anyone?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by traker1001
I normally store 2 disk dvds in a folder labeld via the DVD name then sub folder labeled DVD 1 or DVD 2, AKA: \Final Destination 3\DVD 1 then \Final Destination 3\DVD 2.
This is one thing I'd like to do, from a metadata perspective, is deal with "sets". For me, it's more for series/shows than for two-disc sets (I don't waste space ripping extras). Unfortunately I haven't been able to find, or to come up with a good way of dealing with it.

I've tried a few things, but have not been entirely happy with how they work:

Parsing the titles to determine if there are other "like" titles, and guessing if it's a series or not. That's been marginally successful, but IMO to frought with problems to be useful, and far too complicated.

One of the things that looks the most promising is the Box Set option in DVD Profiler, also the Disc option in DVD Profiler might be helpful. But I haven't had the oportunity to look into those.

Also the whole importing/metadata issues really has two sides, the backend/retrieval from database side, and the UI display side. The handling of sets really needs to be handled on both sides IMO.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by traker1001
1: The left arrow key I can go back a menu or use it as left move, Either or, seems like there could be some intelligent key function here, Maybe (Hopefully) theres a plugin or setting that Im missing? The left key is not the only example I can think of just the first.
Not sure I fully understand what you are saying... The left key will always operate as "left" to move around in menus. And when you use the setting 'Left As Back', it will in addition operate as 'back' when you are on the left edge of a menu.

Or did you mean something else ?

Dirk
Old 12-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

This doesnt seem to be the case for me, Left will only do one or the other for me, However I haven't asked to much into this because I am getting ready to look in to girder to put my streamzap receiver in raw mode so I can use a better remote hopefully.