SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Sage User

New Feature req: Colored Outlines for recording status

I have started this as a new thread because it is not the same as the other discussions currently underway about colored outlines.

In those discussions others (and myself) have been arguing for the return of the colored "recording status" outlines that we have lost in 6.2.5

Opus, Neilm et al have quite rightly argued that we never had recording status as a colored outline that was shown as an icon before and is shown as a icon now, the colored outlines showed the man and fav etc statuses.

It suddenly dawned on me I have been arguing for the wrong thing. What I want and i think others as well is a new feature, we would like to have outlines that actually show recording status.

the man fav icons are great and as they are part of the new theme system we can change them so on small sd tv sets you can actually see them.

but what i want is a quick way to tell when something is going to record and the time slots things are not recording, this is very hard to do in the current 6.2.5 especially on tv sets

so what i propose is the following

RED outline means something is actually going to record (check icon if you want to know why ie M or F)
WHITE outline means something would have been recorded but isnt for some reason (conflict, already watched, already recorded etc)

i dont use intelligent recordings but i presume one more outline colour for shows that will be recorded for IR reasons this needs to be a separate color as these are time slots that are "available/free" if needed

what do others think

-ekiwi
Old 08-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Sage Expert

I don't use the EPG, so I can't say how much this would impact me, but I like the basic concept. The only suggestion I would make to enhance this would be to make it theme-able. Instead of outlines, perhaps semi-transparent background images that could be user-configurable.

My .02

Stu
Old 08-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Sage User

yes definitely make them themeable so that you could change the color.

personally i like the idea of changeing the color of the whole cell, but as that is used to denote the category type ie news film etc i think that would be a difficult sell to the powers at be

i would not use the epg very much either (isnt that the point of a pvr) except for the fact that in my country our epg is not all that acurate. so i have to check fairly often to see if what i think is going to record is actually going to record.