SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Sage User

AVI -Xvid with Dual Audio Mp3

Hi All

Can anyone tell me how to change audio channels using standard sagetv UI and playing back Xvid files with 2 Audio tracks.
I would like to set the second audio track as the langauge preference on my xvid file?
I am using Sagetv6 with Linux Terminal server. No graphics and using MVP to connect to my sage server ?

Any ideas?

Old 05-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

I've been struggling with this myself.

I used virtualdubmod to create the divx with two audio streams, when playing in VLC, I can switch between the two streams. When playing in sageTV, it shows the audio streams in the option menu, but selecting the audio streams does nothing. It always use the default stream. In Windows XP, in the system tray there's a Divx icon with options to change audio, and changing audio works from there. The audio option does not show up on the MVP at all.

So I decided to go a different path since neither the SageTV client on Windows XP nor the MVP works with dual audio streams, I tried converting my videos to DVDs. My video were vob files. I used DVD Flick to author the vobs into DVDs. I import the DVDs into SageTV and voila! I get dual audio streams selection from the DVD audio language menu. And best of all, it works both in the MVP and SageTV client.

Downside is I'll have to convert all my videos to DVDs.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Sage User

Smile

Thanks for you reply.

I had that as an idea, but it’s a bit of a mission to convert all files to DVD VOB.
I think we have identified a real need for sage developers to look into adding this as a feature in the next edition of SageTV Linux.

I will try this as a solution and see what I am in for and time to convert all the video files i have on cd /dvd. I like Xvid and divx because of the smaller file sizes.

Thanks

Old 05-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

I just need a batch DVD making process, turning vobs into DVDs. Let me know if you found a good solution for that.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

http://download.videohelp.com/liquid...l?p=sourcecode
Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
I installed it, but fail to see a batch feature. It seems very similar to DVD Flick. Am I missing something here? Just to be clear, I have a bunch of vob files and need to turn each vob into its own DVD, and I need a batch process so I don't have to do one at a time.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

According to the site:

Quote:
In compliance with the GPL, I have made the sourcecode for the various tools available for download. DVDAuthorGUI (a VB application) does not link directly to any of these binaries/libraries. Instead, DVDAuthorGUI serves as a 'helper application' that writes the xml files, and a batch script. It then, executes that batch script, and monitors the output.
I would imagine generating one file would provide a batch example to run against the others..

B
Old 05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Sage Icon

I guess you haven't tried the software.

I read that quote as DVDAuthorGUI is a batch script that runs other GPL tools, meaning the behind-the-scene script executes other tools, and not that DVDAuthorGUI has a batch processing feature for multiple projects.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Honestly, I have not. My point is that it writes a batch process for one DVD. You could take it and make it a routine in a bigger batch file to cover a whole mess of DVDs based on a directory listing sequence, etc.

Or, if you have access to a Mac which is what I use for everything besides TV. Check out Visual Hub.

B
Old 06-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Sage Icon

Just to update on an alternative method, I found a mouse and keyboard recorder, along with DVDAuthorGUI, and I set it up to loop a macro or recorded action to batch process every vob file to DVDs, works well.