SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Sage Expert

Hauppauge 1600 works great but not in SageTV

I have just purchased a 1600 card and also ordered the antenna from them as well. Hauppauge included a nice utility that lets you do a search of both analog and digital channels that you can pick-up. There was nothing missed and I was impressed to say the least! I got great signals on many channels with the testing utility. Flawless reception! The problem comes in when tunning to it in SageTV. I used the antenna lineup for Waco and I cannot get anything to come in. I get zero 0 signal on the channel in question even though the software that Hauppauge sent would prove otherwise. The channel I am trying to recieve is noted by the Hauppauge WinTV utility as 1102-CW. The same channel is also listed as the Waco, Texas channels 50/52 here, and KWTX-DT2 channel 10.2 here. I tried everything I know and simply can't get it to come in using SageTV but get it with no problem using the Hauppage channel 'testing software'.

What should I try next?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 05-17-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

What is the input to the 1600 card? Just OTA antena? Is the other tuner hooked up to cable or is it empty?

With the 500 MCE dual analogue card you have to keep it straight when you add tuners. Maybe u selected the 1600's cable input tuner and not the antena.

I'd delete the tuner u set in sage and then add the other one and see if that works. Also what version of Sage? I think the most recent version said something about support for the 1600 card.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

What Sage version are you running? The HP 1600 was not officially supported until 6.1. Some have stated they have it working in 5.0.x but that only one tuner at a time.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 05-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Are you shutting down any Hauppauge software apps/processes? If something grabs the card first, Sage can't use it.

P
Old 05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenis View Post
Maybe u selected the 1600's cable input tuner and not the antena. I'd delete the tuner u set in sage and then add the other one and see if that works. Also what version of Sage? I think the most recent version said something about support for the 1600 card.
I am using 6.1 latest loaded from scratch. I have a choice in SageTV for 418 Video Capture and 418 TS Capture for the 1600 card and neither choice seems to produce any result other than "no signal". WinTV has no problem producing those channels clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polypro
Are you shutting down any Hauppauge software apps/processes? If something grabs the card first, Sage can't use it.
Yeah, WinTV does not appear to be running in the background and the PC was restarted.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 05-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have no problem receiving analog cable on my 1600 thru the analog input port via cable. I do not have any OTA digital signals so I could not test that.

The TS video source is for the ATSC input. The other input is for analog cable.

These things tend to be a bit fussy, and any missed detail can mess you up. This is probably why this is not ready for regular "consumers" and is still in the domain of the "gadget" folks. For me, I enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of getting these things to work. Of course, the problem is that there are hundreds of parameters to tweak!

I suggest you go thru the video source set up again and make sure all the parameters are correct. I would work on the simpler, analog input first. Get that working, and then move on to the digital input later.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Snoopy,

I had the same problem as you. Nothing was wrong at all, the Sage menus are just not too intuitive (IMO). You have to pick the Video Input source, then under that is plain analog cable TV. I see how you were confused as I was as well.

Go back into your video sources and pick the Non-digital one, and just keep going. You'll see analog cable eventually. Mine is scanning right now!

Last edited by snipeman; 05-29-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Sage User

I have a 1600 and a 950 hooked to the same antenna via an amp, and both pick up the same channels. I have not compared the signal strength between the two.

when I scanned for channels, I selected to scan for locals then weeded out the ones I did not want.