SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Sage Expert

Tuner Priority

I am setting up a sage box with one single-tuner card for cable and one single-tuner card for antenna TV (since my cable company so politely eliminated a local channel). I would like to let all 3 tuners channels come through with either tuner card but with the cabletv tuner taking priority when it can. Is it possible to force the cable tuner to have priority?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 PM
SageTVaholic

take a look at the 'merit' lines in the sage.properties file. It will allow you to customize the priority of the tuners.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
take a look at the 'merit' lines in the sage.properties file. It will allow you to customize the priority of the tuners.
Excellent! Thanks Fuz
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 04-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
mmc/encoders/1642691032/encoder_merit=0

mmc/encoders/551195575/encoder_merit=0
How do I determine which card is which? What does this affect exactly? Does it determine order in the guide as well. I notice in the guide that if an analog channel number is the same as a cable channel number, only the cable channel will populate?
-- Snoopy
Old 04-29-2007, 01:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Each device is assigned a number by sage (no idea where the number comes from). Check down below and you will see a entry like this:

mmc/encoders/1642691032/video_capture_device_name=

There will be the 'name' of that id number's device. Change the merit line with the matching id number to the merit you want.

A little cumbersome, but its one of those things you should only have to go through once.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room