SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation Power On/Off Volume Control of TV from Extender/SageTV Client

How to implement such Power Off/On, Volume Control on TV that connected to SageTV via Extender/Client?

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Expert

I don't know if there is a way to control the TV from Sage directly, especially not through the MediaMVP. However, you may want to investigate the use of a learning remote (and a USb-UIRT for a ClientPC) such as the Logitech Harmony; it will allow you to control multiple devices with a single button push.

HTH,
Stuart
Old 06-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

HAs anyone been able to learn the MediaMVP remote commands into a learning remote?

I tried learning into my URC MX800 but it no workie.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Administrator

The Hauppauge remote uses the RC5 IR protocal, which uses a toggle bit -- it toggles the code between 2 types each time you press the same button repeatedly. I believe that the MX800, like my MX700, cannot learn both states of such an IR code.

You can use any RC5 code set & teach those codes to the SageTV MVP client, so you can use an alternate device setting (usually from Philips) for your MX800 that uses such a code set.

Hauppuage link #2 in my sig talks about what I did for my MX700.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for that. I read through it last night, one thing I didn't quite follow was how to teach different RC5 codes to the MVP client itself. Do I just add that to the irremote.ini?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Skip the part about the irremote.ini file when dealing with the MVP -- all you'll need to do is teach it the IR codes in Detailed Setup -> Commands. I believe it will handle the toggle code so that you don't need to teach it both codes for each button.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Oh! So in theory I just create a new device in my MX800 that I don't own with IR codes for everything I want, and simply use that detailedsetup.commands button to learn them?

Damn that's too easy...
Old 06-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Essentially, yes, except that the MVP only recognizes RC5 codes (_maybe_ RC6 codes), unless its receiver has changed. I had to do some device/code assignments to completely fill all the available buttons on my MX700 -- I didn't find an RC5-based device that had codes for all buttons & I wanted to make maximum use of my remote.

- Andy