SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-28-2007, 03:10 PM

Unhappy Annoying Stutter SageTV, Hauppauge HVR-1600 Help, tried just about everything

Hi,

I have read the posts on the stuttering problems in the SageTV Software forumns, especially the long VMR9 started by GollyJer.

Problem: Stuttering while recording S-Video input from DBS broadcast receiver. ATSC digital from the ATSC tuner records and plays perfectly. Tried various Video filters...Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7), SageTV MPEG Video Decoder, ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder. Stuttering does not occur during live viewing, only on the recorded material. This is verified playing the Sage recorded file with CyberLink. Hard drive is dedicated to Sage and is not the system drive. I am a bit of a guru and cannot figure out what is going on here. I thought SAGE recorded what was being viewed and then immediately replayed the recording while watching liveTV in order to use the pause feature. This is what I can't figure out why liveTV does not stutter, but the file on the hard disk definitely has stuttering during playback with SAGE or another media player.

I have only a few days remaining on my trial, and want to get this fixed before commiting to buying the product.

Please does anyone have a suggestion? Would switching to Linux help?

SAGE:
Version 6.0.19.120 Trial
Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture Device NTSC (HVR-1600)
Java 1.4.2_11
SageTV3.xml V6.0.18.0
Renderer VMR9
MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter NVIDEA Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter AC3 Filter

HARDWARE:
INTEL D945GC MB 3.2GHz Core Duo Processor 512MB PC4200 DDR2 DRAM
GEFORCE 7600GT 560M 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI PCI-E VIDEO
TURTLE BEACH USB SPDIF SOUND DEVICE
PIONEER ELITE 50" REAR PROJECTION HDTV USING VGA IN AT 1920x1080i (30 Hz)
200GB Maxtor operating UDMA mode 5, 64k clusters

Boomer
Old 03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
Problem: Stuttering while recording S-Video input from DBS broadcast receiver. ATSC digital from the ATSC tuner records and plays perfectly. ......... Stuttering does not occur during live viewing, only on the recorded material. This is verified playing the Sage recorded file with CyberLink. .......This is what I can't figure out why liveTV does not stutter, but the file on the hard disk definitely has stuttering during playback with SAGE or another media player.....
Lets make sure we understand. First, HD stuff records and plays perfectly, correct? All of your problems are on the SD side, correct? Second, there is really no such thing as "live TV" in Sage. EVERYTHING is recorded to the hard drive. When you view "live TV" you are still playing back a recorded file. If your SD files stutter when played back with a different player and/or on a different computer, the problem is with the encoding done by your tuner card. You may need to update the drivers, but this is not a Sage issue. If the files playback fine with a different player/computer, then it is a Sage playback issue, and changing decoders, renderers, etc may help. Hope this helps you!