SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Duplicate SD/HD recordings

I recently added an HDHomeRun to my SageTV setup. It works properly, but Sage is doing something strange.

I have certain favorites limited to only record on the HD stations. The problem is that if that favorite is simulcast in HD and SD (Tonight Show, Motorweek, etc), Sage records both at the same time.

Any ideas?
Old 03-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Sage Icon

Do you have Intelligent Recordings enabled? I'm seeing quite a bit of that as well, not for all shows, though. I have always attributed this to a lack of smart in the IR engine...
Old 03-25-2007, 01:26 AM
Sage Icon

I believe this problem only occurs if the favorite has a non-unique show Id like SH329370000. This is usually news type shows. Sage cannot tell that they are the same show. I got around the issue by limiting those show to only the channel I want to record on.
Intelligent recordings will also cause duplicate recordings but it should not be a problem because it only records when a tuner is available.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

Not sure I understand why you think that duplicate recordings are not a problem.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

I don't consider them to be a problem (under normal conditions) because they only record when a tuner is available and they are the first to be deleted. Why do you think they are a problem?

Abnormal conditions: Currently I have encoutered 3 bad .ts files generated by the homerun. 2 of them were intelligent recordings and 1 was a favorite. These recordings present a major issue for Sage, it will cause Sage to hang, This is a major issue if using the server when you encounter the hang. I now only encounter this hang using the client or the extender, so I can just restart to get around the proglem.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Recently, I added a HDHomerun unit for over the air HD broadcasts. I do not have a HD television yet and what the content with a MVP. I am getting duplicate recordings on some programs of the SD and HD content.

The problem is that some of the HD channels have black borders on the top/bottom and left/right, instead of only the top/bottom. This makes the resulting image pretty small on my television screen.

I removed a couple of the HDHomerun local channels from the PVR-350 tuner that do not have left/right and top/bottom cropping. Those two channels are only received by the HDHomerun, and no longer have duplicate recordings.

I would like to record those channels that are cropped on all four sides or on top/bottom with the PVR-350, unless there is a conflict. If there is a conflict, then use the HDHomerun tuner to record those channels.

Does anyone know if there is a solution yet to the SD and HD duplicate recordings problem?

Dave