SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Sage User

Home Automation Plugin Request: HomeSeer

I am very interested in seeing a plugin for HomeSeer. I have seen the plugin for HAL2000, but alas I use HomeSeer.

Anyone have anything in the works or know how to do the integration?

Stephen
Old 03-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

On that note- any possible controls for the Firecracker X10 serial port RF controller?
It currently requires a separate software- would be fun if we could program that within sage .
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipersmith View Post
I am very interested in seeing a plugin for HomeSeer. I have seen the plugin for HAL2000, but alas I use HomeSeer.

Anyone have anything in the works or know how to do the integration?

Stephen
I am also an avid Homeseer User.

What feature or interactivity are you interested in?

I have my Homeseer monitoring what is going on my SageTV by use of a USB-UIRT. In fact Homeseer runs all my remote macros instead of having to program macros in my handheld remote.

So I have two USB-UIRT units, one hooked to my SageTV the other hooked to my Homeseer. Both USB-UIRT units are in my AV rack. But the homeseer computer is on the other side of the house. I extended the USB-UIRT by using a USB over Cat5 extender you can buy them around $60. It will allow you to extend USB signal over Cat5 for several hundred feet.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

BTT
Old 05-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Started

I started a plug in a while ago, but got pulled away - I have a Visual Basic App already integrated with HS, so this shouldn't be too much of a stretch. How many Homeseer users are out there?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am a homeseer user. I would love a Plugin.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

I am a homeseer user too, but I'm curious as to what exactly folks want such a plugin to do? Check device status, etc...? I find it's a lot quicker to use VR on homeseer through a house phone to give it commands than fumble around with a remote.

Thanks,
mike
Old 05-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've been a homeseer user for ages. I'd LOVE to see some sort of plugin for sage to be able to monitor status/control lighting/receive messages from Homeseer.

Nick
Old 05-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I use HomeSeer, but only V 1.7.
Anyone working on a plugin for MainLobby?

Last edited by Paul H; 05-20-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

I am also an avid user of HS. I would also be willing to help out on the plug-in if needed.

-skybolt
Old 05-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Sage User

I also run homeseer2. Some type of integration through xAP, maybe. That would take some serious work on the SageTV side.

I personally don't need it tho. SageTV does the TV / Video. Homeseer does the home automation. Seven zones of Sonos does the audio. Each one does there jobs really well. Now Homeseer/Sonos integration is in the middle of a rewrite.

If somebody writes it I'm sure I'd give it a go tho :-)
Old 05-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

What specific functionality are you looking for when integrating SageTV and Homeseer?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauchy View Post
What specific functionality are you looking for when integrating SageTV and Homeseer?
Probably the ability to view the status of devices and control devices in the SageTV interface
Old 05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by exdirtfarmer View Post
Probably the ability to view the status of devices and control devices in the SageTV interface
Exactly! This would be nice. I have X10 palm pads as well as a tablet PC for interfacing with HomeSeer, but having some options available via SageTV would be nice as well.

Slightly related, I just happened to consolidate my SageTV server and my HomeSeer server onto a single media/automation server running in my basement. Both are low overhead processes so it made sense to combine them instead of running two servers 24/7.
Pegasus - SageTV/HomeSeer Server: Core2Duo 1.8GHz, 1GB, 1.5TB RAID5, 2.25TB RAID5, Radeon X1050, (2) Hauppauge PVR250 (only used for security cameras now), SiliconDust HDHomeRun, Hauppauge HD-PVR, WinXP Pro
Prometheus - SageTV Client: Core2Duo 2.66GHz, 1GB, 500GB, GeForce 8400GS, WinXP Pro, 848x480 to InFocus SP4805 projector on a 78" screen
HD Theater (HD200) connected via HDMI to Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" plasma
web server plugin | 2 MediaMVP Extenders | FiOS TV
Old 05-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauchy View Post
Activate preset scenes, modify Tstat setpoints.

I would think everything else would be better on a PC client.

MVP support required!!!

Has anyone tried using mozembed.exe or ieembed.exe? I see they are included with Sage however they seem to not be utilized.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

I'd like to resurrect this thread because I've finally gotten around to setting Homeseer up.

Has anyone started working on _any_ HS/Sage integration?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'd love this too. Another HS user
Old 06-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

After playing with EventGhost and the onscreen remote plus the HAL plugin I can definately see why this would be quite the feat.

The number of controls required is large
The different types of controls is not small
The number of devices is not predictable

Some of the things with the HAL plugin that are noticable is the devices are sorted alphabetically. This means you must think through your device names upfront to make them consolated on the screen.

Front Porch Lamp
Back Deck Lights
Side Entry Light

These would be all jumbled up intermixed with every other device the solution for now is to force the naming to work for you.

Exterior Back Deck Lights
Exterior Front Porch Lamp
Exterior Side Entry Light

So in addition a method of grouping and sorting would be prefered.

Since Homeseer has a command line interface you should be able to get a pretty high level of functionality from using dynamic menus to call scenes and macros. This is how I started toying with automation in Sage.

After installing dynamic menus I would create a new menu for basically every room or area in my house and outside it. Then create menu items inside those new menus for each scene or macro realted to the room/area of the menu title.

example new menu item would be:
"Master Bedroom Controls"
This menu would have scenes or specific device controls

"Goodnight" - Macro shuts the lights off and sets the hallway/kitchen lighting to 40% power

"Fans On" - Turns the ceiling fans on.

If you spend a couple hours outlining this stuff and then implementing it you may be very surprised at how close to integrated you can get.

Also you can make multiple menu.xml files for dynamic menus, so also you would make a master-bed-menu.xml that had access to functionality you may not want available on every client (spa blower motor controls in my case). In this way you can limit or extend Sage's functionality however you like. The kids-bedroom-menu.xml has no setup screens no manage favorites... Same for the default placeshifter menu (menu.xml) very limited. All of these I generate by removing items from a admin-menu.xml which has every possible menu combination and every menu item. When you add a new device/macro whatever add it to the admin menu then copy it to each room menu file.

You also might be surprised at how quickly you can get that setup and going.

Hint... Use a text editor on your menu files, doing it through the sage interface will work but will take much longer.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just thought I'd revive this thread...

I'd absolutely love to see HS integration into SageTV!