SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mplayer isn't updated in 6.1.3?

is it just me or Mplayer hasn't been updated, still version 3.2.3 wasn't there posts saying there was a newer version?
Old 02-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
well I can play transcoded hdtv signals on my MVP. without its studdering or any audio sync issues. so they did something. BUT.. its too bad is reboots the MVP when trying to fast forward a hd video.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
is it just me or Mplayer hasn't been updated, still version 3.2.3 wasn't there posts saying there was a newer version?
Nope, it hasn't been updated. The ac3filter hasn't been updated either. Lame.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan
Nope, it hasn't been updated. The ac3filter hasn't been updated either. Lame.
Yeah I don't really understand this. Why isn't the latest stable mplayer updated every beta? Is it a bigger deal then I'm giving it credit for? Or at a minimum why doesn't Sage just let us make it easier to upgrade to the latest mplayer... and then we could use versions specifically tuned to our processors.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
well I can play transcoded hdtv signals on my MVP. without its studdering or any audio sync issues. so they did something. BUT.. its too bad is reboots the MVP when trying to fast forward a hd video.
I wish I had the same result. I had no change in transcoder performance at all. It still stutters tremendously when attempting to trancode to the MVP (I don't expect much here since I only have an AMD64 2800) but the stutter is the exact same when I attempt to convert the same HD video to another file. The trancoded video plays the same on my server as it does if I try and trancode live.

When I get some time to gather debug info I will submit it but are there others who experienced no change in transcoder performance? I could trancode effectively on previous version (before 6.0.19) but haven't been able to since. I won't rule out my box being the issue but I haven't really changed anything on my box. I am going to try and rollback the Java to whatever is in the sage package to see if that has an effect.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
Yeah I don't really understand this. Why isn't the latest stable mplayer updated every beta? Is it a bigger deal then I'm giving it credit for? Or at a minimum why doesn't Sage just let us make it easier to upgrade to the latest mplayer... and then we could use versions specifically tuned to our processors.
Well, the way I understand it, Sage have done some changes to the MPlayer, and these changes were not done together with the MPlayer development team. And Sage's changes were done to this version of MPlayer that's from like 200 revisions ago. So it is probably not a trivial task to make similar changes to a new MPlayer version. And that's a pity, because recently MPlayer has grown to be a really nice piece of software.

It would realy be awesome if Sage worked with the MPlayer team to "officially" incorporate these changes into the MPlayer project, so we could download new versions of MPlayer and put them in our Sage directory ourselves.