SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Sage User

Help with New Install - weird behavior

When trying to use SageTV v. 6 on a new machine I get a strange behavior. The Screen says Main Menu at the top and lists Sage TV Recordings, Watch Live TV,.... down to Standy By. When I try to click on some thing - it kind of pulses in and out but doesn't select it. Sometimes it appears to select it and brings up a faint image of another menu below this menu but then it fades away.

I can't do anything.

I had originally installed this when the PC was hooked up to a 37" tv but now it is hooked up to a 20" monitor. I'm wondering if it is confused by the screen resolution or something and it can't display correctly. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't change a thing. In fact, that didn't ask me to set up the things it did originally like tuner card, find stations and things like that which I wanted to do again since I wasn't connected to the Internet when I first tried Sage on this machine.

Is there a way to really clean Sage from this machine and force it to start over? Or some way to fix this problem?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Have you installed any customizations to SageTV?

Do you have an IR/radio keyboard or some other device?

It sounds like something is continually sending the Home key, so SageTV returns to the Main Menu every time it receives that key command. I've heard of this before, but can't remember yet what the issue was...

If there is a problem with SageTV trying to do some config process, failing, and returning to the Main Menu, you could enable debug logging, then restart SageTV and try going to another menu. The log should contain the series of menus it goes to. Post it & maybe that will give a hint.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Sage User

I do have a wireless keyboard and a firefly remote. I think I'll try to disable all of them and use the wired keyboard and mouse and see if they work. I had originally set it up with a wired keyboard, etc. as I was getting the new PC set up. I don't have any custom configs. I just installed it two days ago and just now getting it moved to where it is hooked up to the internet.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Sage User

Thanks OPUS4 - It worked.

I took off all the wireless stuff and it worked. Once I get it all set up I'll have to troubleshoot what caused the problem. I really appreciate your quick response.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Great! BTW -- I did find one old thread with a similar problem, but there was no resolution of what was happening. If there were other threads, I didn't find them in a quick search. If you figure out the exact cause & fix, please let the forum know for future reference.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM

Same problem here,

Using a MS wireless keyboard & mouse, I pulled the wireless keyboard, replaced with a wireless mouse only and the system is fine.

Odd
Old 05-22-2007, 10:58 PM

Tested it again, with a different wireless keyboard and mouse and the problem is gone.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a IR keyboard. Moving the mouse does the same thing. It effectively keeps sending 'Home' key presses. My wife likes it though as it makes me remember to put the key board away rather than leaving it on the sofa. If i leave it out and the keboard moves, it sends the home command to remind me to put it away!

On a serious not, if anyone finds a fix, it would be appreciated as it stops me from using the keyboard to drive the interface.