SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Sage User

Sage acts like a clean install after upgrading to .14

Hi all,
I tried installing 4.1.14 over my existing 4.1.3 install per the instructions on the sticky...BUT, it failed! The install appeared to go fine, no issues there, but when I loaded Sage after the install, it acted like it was a clean install. No settings remained, default directories, etc. I tried recopying in my backup of the SageTV folder (wiz.bin & Sage.properties), but still nothing. What is of most importance to me is getting the Sage TV Recordings list back up and getting back the favorites. I have ~6 months worth of recordings on here and don't want to attempt deciphering the names of the various programs, especially the Timed Records.

Help!

Thanks,
S.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Sage User

The same thing happened to me, I replaced the sageproperties and the wiz.bin file, still had to go through the initial setup, but I had my recordings when it finished.

good luck
Old 04-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Sage

It probably got installed to a different directory. In our experience, that's always the cause for a loss of settings on an upgrade. So just reinstall to the old directory C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies instead of C:\Program Files\SageTV and you should be OK.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
It probably got installed to a different directory. In our experience, that's always the cause for a loss of settings on an upgrade. So just reinstall to the old directory C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies instead of C:\Program Files\SageTV and you should be OK.
I'm not so sure that is the case this time. I submitted a bug report last week for the same behavior. My install has been in the same directory since the last release and has worked through many beta upgrades. My problem occurred while I had .13 installed. It "reset" to no favorites, no recordings, no guide. I thought the culprit was a temporary disconnect of one of the three hard drives that Sage records to. After reconnecting the drive, the behavior continued (I thought Sage was supposed to be able to recover from this). I then tried upgrading to .14 with no change.

I ended up restoring a wiz.bin from .11. That restored my favorites and recordings. My tv guide, however, refused to update. I tried adding and removing channels to force an update. It only updated the individual channels I selected. I finally realized the only way to bring the full guide back was to add/remove each channel individually. After doing that, I am finally back to full functionality.

It seems there is a problem with recovery or transfer of settings. Aside from temporarily having one of my hard drives disconnected, the setup had been stable and consistent for several months.