SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Sage

Talking SageTV V6.0.16 RC1 is Now Available

Howdy again, here's the first Release Candidate we've got ready for you. Bang on this one hard and let us know how it goes. We're getting ready for full release in a few weeks!

Information on the first beta for V6 is available here: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20298

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO READ THE POST ABOUT THE FIRST V6 BETA IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

All bug reports should be submitted to http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

Downloads:

SageTV
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V6_0_16Setup.exe

SageTVClient
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient_V6_0_16Setup.exe

SageTVPlaceshifter
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaces..._0_16Setup.exe

SageTV Linux Server
http://download.sage.tv/linuxbeta/server.tar.gz

SageTV Linux Client/Placeshifter
http://download.sage.tv/linuxbeta/miniclient.tar.gz

And here's the release notes:

SageTV V6.0.16 Release Notes 12/06/2006 RELEASE CANDIDATE 1

KNOWN ISSUES: Conversions to Razr format do not work; this will be fixed for the next RC

Core Updates
1. Fixed JCIFS JAR file so that it's Java 1.4 compliant
2. Fixed a crash bug in AC3 parsing by the transcoder
3. Fixed FFMPEG encoding so that when we're in IFrame only mode we always align them at a PES start (fixes MVP A/V sync issues when transcoding)
4. Fixed bug related to duration detection of OGG files
5. Add Germany Thuringia region DVB-T frequency into scan freq table
6. Optimized image loading so we don't redo alpha premultiply if we don't need to
7. Added support for native image loading for embedded image and also remote files
8. Fixed .wpl Playlist importer so it recognizes & and other special entity characters as well as handling UTF-8 conversions
9. Fixed bug where physical channel lineup properties weren't being propogated to the client correctly
10. Added the ability to use a native platform window for SageTV's main window
11. Added property: prefer_hdtv_recordings_over_sdtv
12. Added .ogm files to the default video filename extensions
13. Fixed bug where the recording schedule wouldn't always update itself after recordings were done
14. Memory optimization usage in the expressions parser (free the parser object after parsing!)
15. Files ending in .gif, .png, .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg will now be automatically assumed to be of that type.
16. Fixed DirecTV Serial Control bug where we didn't detect the old command set properly on some receivers

Linux Updates
1. ATSC recording is now supported (supported devices are in the Linux kernel)
2. DVB-T/C recording is now supported (supported devices are in the Linux kernel)
3. Fixed thumbnail generation bug on linux for video files

Windows Updates
1. Fixed initial default language selection for playing back files with multiple audio tracks on Windows
2. Updated DirectShow audio switching code to stop and reconfigure and then restart the graph when switching audio streams
3. Added property: disable_fse_on_focus_lost which if set to false will cause FSE to not be exited when the focus is lost

Placeshifter Updates
1. Enabled use of the native image loader when re-compressing images for Placeshifter transfer
2. Added option to MiniClient for using the platform default title bar. This is available in the Settings menu.

Extender Updates
1. Add DVD Smooth FF/RW
2. Disabled color bar rendering for media extenders because it was covering the video
3. Optimized image loading network calls for media extenders
4. Again...cross your fingers....the beep is fixed hopefully....

STV Updates
1. Fixed issue with "Copy Media to the Library" not accessing server dirs as the destination dir when used from a client.
2. Video conversion dialog: auto-advance to next option after choosing setting for some options.
3. media browsers: multi-column views no longer use right as shortcut for Info on right-most column. (Can be overridden by adding lib_multi_column_use_right_as_info property set to true.)
4. Selecting an image in the Photo browser jumps directly to the photo viewer.
5. Photo Viewer: Added on-screen tip in single image viewing mode. Changed pop-up Options menu to be semitransparent items on the right hand side (w/option to hide the tip).
6. Do not ask whether to delete imported videos or archived recordings when the option to ask whether to delete a recording at the end of playback is set to Always. (The option only applies to non-archived recordings.)
7. Fixed physical channel remapping portion of mapping a different station to another channel, and cleared any remapping previosuly done for the original channel.
8. Added existing Display Aspect Ratio config screen to Configuration Wizard, prior to option for whether to display videos on menus.
9. Fixed issue where list of playlists was not updated after deleting one or adding a new one. This also fixed issue of some other media browser updates not occurring.
10. If there are no capture devices, show the message about needing to install one only one time instead of every time that SageTV starts.
11. Video conversion dialog: Adjusted some navigation commands. Allowed setting start & duration for a single video when replacing the original. Fixed issue when destination dir was not set. Added option to reset destination dir to video's orig location. Left/right arrows are shown next to a left-column item when there are selectable items to the right. Ask for confirmation when the converted video should replace the original.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quick question, since this is an RC are we able to turn of debug logging if necessary or is it still turned on automatically and can't be disabled? I have a BR client that would be nice if I could put it in standby. I understand if it can't be since it's still beta but thought I'd ask.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Excellent timing! I almost upgraded to 6.0.15 last evening, but decided to wait until the weekend. Now I can skip a version
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 12-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

h.264 improvements?

Don't see any H.264 compatability improvements. Still haven't been able to get my R5000 MPEG4 files to play nice with any Sage 6.x versions yet. Guess I'll try it this weekend when I get time. Keeping those fingers crossed.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
Quick question, since this is an RC are we able to turn of debug logging if necessary or is it still turned on automatically and can't be disabled?
My guess is that it is still on in the first RC, but an easy way to check would be to set the debug_logging property to false.

Quote:
I have a BR client that would be nice if I could put it in standby.
People were able to have it go into standby by going to Detailed Setup -> Customize and turning off "Regularly rescan import directories", so try that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Once again, many thanks to you Narflex and your team!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
2. Fixed a crash bug in AC3 parsing by the transcoder
Is this supposed to fix the problem with no audio on certain HD channels(CW), when using the nVidia decoders?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Is this supposed to fix the problem with no audio on certain HD channels(CW), when using the nVidia decoders?

what the problem?, I use the latest beta and Nvidia (233) with no audio issues.

(btw) I have my audio drivers set to, not to use Direct sound because it defaults to the digital audio output only when playing AC3 audio. With the latest and so called greatest NVidia decoders.

On the other hand, they seem to fixed the transcodering of HDTV files but the sound level is way too low. Yes I did submit a bug report.

Also why does it convert a 1080i file always into a 1080P no matter what setting I use ? it even converts 480i to 480P ? is this normal ?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Well, I'm not sure of what the exact problem is, but Qian was able to reproduce the problem. It only happens on the CW network, only during HD content (SD commercials and shows have sound, just not HD shows or commercials).

On another note, anyone confirm that this version allows dual tuners (Fusion), without having to install the files Qian posted a while back?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:31 AM

OGM duration parsing still has issues.

Better, but...

The title pretty much says it all, unfortunately. I did see an improvement in 16's ability to parse some of my "trouble" OGM's durations correctly. However many are still importing as too long. This is even after a deletion of the wiz.bin and wiz.bak. One of the files I'm having an improper duration is from the series "Hellsing". I'm almost certian I uploaded ep 1 of Hellsing to your FTP for my Bug report of 15. So you might want to check that file and see if it shows up as being 22min 35sec long(correct duration) or 1hr 12 min(what Sage shows it's duration as).

INFO:I'm using the always use Dshow player setting on this machine and CCCP for Dshow playback, if that makes any difference.

I'll do some more testing on a different machine and try using Sage's internal mplayer, in the morning. I'm short on time tonight, but I wanted to give you a quick heads-up. Especially since you may still have a "trouble" file to test on your FTP(under "From Justme"). Of course I'll file an official bug report tommorrow after I get a little more data. However feel free to just send me an email(requesting anything) to continue our current dialog if you wish.

Thanks for all your hardwork on this issue. I really appreciate all the effort on your part.

/justme
Old 12-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone know where to find this enhancement? I looked but cannot find! That big fat blue title bar is horrible!

10. Added the ability to use a native platform window for SageTV's main window

Thanks,
Rob
Old 12-07-2006, 05:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by camTexas
Don't see any H.264 compatability improvements. Still haven't been able to get my R5000 MPEG4 files to play nice with any Sage 6.x versions yet. Guess I'll try it this weekend when I get time. Keeping those fingers crossed.
Last word I had was that they are still working on it, and it was coming. From what I was told its their demux filter that they are still working on to properly handle the files.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone seeing unusual CPU spikes? My SageTVService is now sometimes taking up sometimes 50%+ CPU, or even 90%+, especially after a channel change. Normally the Sage service is always at 0-7% when all its doing is recording.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
My guess is that it is still on in the first RC, but an easy way to check would be to set the debug_logging property to false.

People were able to have it go into standby by going to Detailed Setup -> Customize and turning off "Regularly rescan import directories", so try that.

- Andy
Thanks Andy. Do you think the rescan would affect a client install? I will try the debug_logging property as well.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

It looks like the problem I have always had where Sage won't tune sub channels correctly won't make it into the final. One station changes their stream lineup several times a day. Sage can't handle this dynamic changes and tunes the wrong sub channel.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

firewire recordings mostly can't be played back

I wonder whether anyone else is having problems with firewire recordings?

I have two problems, which I suspect are related:

For the most part, no firewire recordings can be thumbnailed.

But much more importantly, there are problems with playback. Most SDTV recordings, and some HDTV recordings, won't play back at all. Sage either hangs, quits, or returns to the home menu.

Does anybody else see this? I'm seeing it on two machines, both of which normally run Nvidia video decoder and Intervideo audio decoder, but I did play with some other audio decoders with no success.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofDeth
Anyone seeing unusual CPU spikes? My SageTVService is now sometimes taking up sometimes 50%+ CPU, or even 90%+, especially after a channel change. Normally the Sage service is always at 0-7% when all its doing is recording.
This build actually fixed a problem I had with 15-30% CPU usage during recording. It's now between 0-6%. However, it does spike to 100% right when a recording is beginning.

EDIT: no, it didn't. I got back from work and I'm back to 15-30% CPU usage just for recording.

Last edited by salsbst; 12-07-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Added property: disable_fse_on_focus_lost which if set to true will cause FSE to not be exited when the focus is lost
Seems counterintuitive to me...
Old 12-07-2006, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst

Quote:
Added property: disable_fse_on_focus_lost which if set to true will cause FSE to not be exited when the focus is lost
Seems counterintuitive to me...
Yeah, something like keep_fse_on_focus_lost would be more intuitive ...

Dirk
Old 12-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah, something like keep_fse_on_focus_lost would be more intuitive ...

Dirk
I missed that setting I wonder if it will fix this.