SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I'm unable to delete the only waiting transcoding. In order to delete it, I have to schedule another one, and then can delete the original, but then cannot delete that one, as it remains the only "waiting" one.

There never is a "processing" transcoding though...
Clearing out the transcoding/jobs/ entries in the properties file fixed the problem. I guess it got confused where it was supposed to go next, because it said that the next transcoding job was 8, but the next one in the queue was really 5...
Old 11-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
7. HD airings are now preferred over SD airings when the Scheduler gets to choose between two of them (this is not controlled by encoder merit)
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, etc....

Old 11-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Sage User

Job stuck in Video Conversions list

Same thing happened to me geogecko, there was one job stuck "waiting" and I told Sage to cancel but it did not go away. I ended up shutting everything down then going into the properties file and clearing out all of the job data, which sounds like that is pretty much what you did as well.

Otherwise, loving the new beta. One thing I think a lot of us would like to see would be a way to set "always convert" either for all recordings or maybe even be able to specify by show title or favorite to always convert to a certain format.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

4. Fixed bug where video playback would get hosed after playing back an AAC/FLAC audio file and VMR9 was enabled

7. HD airings are now preferred over SD airings when the Scheduler gets to choose between two of them

Where is the dancing in the streets emoticon?

Thanks for the hard work, Sage just got a whole lot better.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Submit a bug report and we can add a property for that. It's a good point you make.
Looks like I may have to sit out 6.0.15 until this is added . Do more people need to bug it to get an idea how desired this proptery would be?

I guess I could always just set the stuff I want recorded on SD to only record on those channels though.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Clearing out the transcoding/jobs/ entries in the properties file fixed the problem. I guess it got confused where it was supposed to go next, because it said that the next transcoding job was 8, but the next one in the queue was really 5...
this one had me confused too. My next job was 22 but the jobs in the queue started at 15. Thanks for the post otherwise I'd have been looking for days
Old 11-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Extender Updates
2. Fixed audio blip on the MVP that would happen randomly (cross fingers...haven't heard it yet)
After several hours of music playing, I haven't heard the MVP beeps at all with 6.0.15, although I was getting them badly in previous 6.0 betas. Thanks for the work on this!

I'm still getting occasional quick pops/snaps during the transition from one song to the next, however. These aren't as objectionable as the bad transition mangling in v5 or the loud beeps heard in earlier v6 betas, but they can still be irritating when listening to quiet easy listening music.

Jim
Old 11-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
Looks like I may have to sit out 6.0.15 until this is added . Do more people need to bug it to get an idea how desired this proptery would be?

I guess I could always just set the stuff I want recorded on SD to only record on those channels though.
I can understand your frustration on that. The rest of us on the other side that prefered HD had to go through the pains of scheduling HD on HD channels only. I think your suggestions of a property or even an option like someone else mentioned of putting a property in the favorite options would solve it for all of us,
Old 11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
I can understand your frustration on that. The rest of us on the other side that prefered HD had to go through the pains of scheduling HD on HD channels only. I think your suggestions of a property or even an option like someone else mentioned of putting a property in the favorite options would solve it for all of us,
If it were up to me, I'd just let it record everything in HD . Only have one HD source at the moment (firewire capture via Motorola HD box). My real problem is, for whatever reason, I can't transcode stuff from this tuner on a MVP. Skips quite a bit, but I'd have figured a dual 2.8ghz Xeon with 2g of memory would be able to transcode ONE HD stream to a MVP .
Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001

I personally could use this on a per favorites basis. Silly me that is where I actually looked for it
Old 11-27-2006, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
I personally could use this on a per favorites basis. Silly me that is where I actually looked for it
I'll reiterate my request for the same. Some shows which may be on an HD channel are not actually HD or I don't care if they record in SD. (Mainly what the wife watches )

B
Old 11-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Haven't heard any beeps or blips in this version. I thought I heard a snap in one of the mp3 sounds being played, but that could be a separate issue. So good job in fixing the problem, whatever that was causing it.

On another note, will the browsing speed in the media libraries improve? It seems the more songs, pictures, videos, and DVDs get imported, the slower the browsing speed becomes. For me, everytime I open the Music menu, it takes about 5-10 second to load. And then when flipping through the music albums, sometime it stalls for 5-10 seconds as I scroll down to other albums. Will the speed improve as we reach closer to v6 final?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonmike
The permissions problem in registry is fixed.
Thanks a lot!
Just wondering if I should reset the registry on all box before taking the upgrade?

Is this beta fixing the issues?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius
Just wondering if I should reset the registry on all box before taking the upgrade?

Is this beta fixing the issues?

I end up reinstalling xp. I played to much in registry to fix sagetv bugs.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry, still hearing beeps, certainly less frequently though. I can't seem to pinpoint it to a particular tiem interval, function, etc. either.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wink

Lookin good Sage!!

I'm still waiting for a HDD "free space" or "time left" indicator in Recorded TV.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore
Lookin good Sage!!

I'm still waiting for a HDD "free space" or "time left" indicator in Recorded TV.

If you are willing to try SageMC 16x9 STV, you'll get that on every menu in Sage!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you are willing to try SageMC 16x9 STV, you'll get that on every menu in Sage!
Well, to be fair, he can also get this with the default STV by enabling the secret UI features ...

Dirk
Old 11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Well, to be fair, he can also get this with the default STV by enabling the secret UI features ...

Dirk
I was just plugging...lol.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

spoke too soon, I heard some beeps/blips today on the MVP. My guess is that it has something to do with the thumbnail generation feature introduced in SageTV v6. Is there a property to disable the thumbnail generation to test my theory?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.