SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Sage

Talking SageTV V6.0.15 Beta is Now Available

Howdy again, here's the latest beta we've got ready for you.

Information on the first beta for V6 is available here: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20298

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO READ THE POST ABOUT THE FIRST V6 BETA IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

All bug reports should be submitted to http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

Downloads:

SageTV
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V6_0_15Setup.exe

SageTVClient
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient_V6_0_15Setup.exe

SageTVPlaceshifter
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaces..._0_15Setup.exe

SageTV Linux Server
http://download.sage.tv/linuxbeta/server.tar.gz

SageTV Linux Client/Placeshifter
http://download.sage.tv/linuxbeta/miniclient.tar.gz

And here's the release notes:

SageTV V6.0.15 Release Notes 11/22/2006

Core Updates
1. Fixed bug where we didn't extract the Artist & Title from the comment field when it was stored there only in WindowsMedia files
2. Add French DVB-T frequency
3. Fixed bug where iPod transcoded files wouldn't play on iPods anymore
4. Fixed bug where video playback would get hosed after playing back an AAC/FLAC audio file and VMR9 was enabled
5. Fixed bug in video thumbnail generation where we used the wrong offset time if there was start padding
6. Fixed bug where Google videos would get an error that the file no longer appeared on disk
7. HD airings are now preferred over SD airings when the Scheduler gets to choose between two of them (this is not controlled by encoder merit)
8. Fixed performance issue when clearing diskspace and a 'use only' rule is selected and there's a lot of files in the user's library
9. .bmp picture files are now explicitly removed from the picture import file list unless the property seeker/disable_bmp_picture_imports=false is set
10. Disabled loading the 3D accelerated renderer when using remote rendering since that is an invalid configuration
11. Fixed bug where Unicode characters in FLAC tags weren't getting parsed correctly
12. Fix pickup main audio bug, ( failed to find main auido of two AC3 streams in KTLADT)
13. Fix a bug that first DVB EPG character is eaten

Linux Updates
1. Fixed bug on Linux where the system's hardware clock wasn't synchronized with the clock when we did system time updates
2. Added support for the ui/use_native_image_loader property which dramatically improves image loading performance for media extenders (more info in 6.0.14 release notes)
3. DirecTVSerialControl is now integrated on Linux

Windows Updates
1. Fixed bug with NVidia DualTV card where the color calibration settings weren't taking effect
2. Fixed a bug where we were erroneously setting the paused state in the media player
3. Fix a bug, Sage isn't able to match capture fiter to correct tuner filter for multiple cards of some kind of device, it's a regression bug from OnAir QAM device
4. Updated audio stream selection so it prefers AC3 over MEPG and more channels over less
5. Fixed bug where DVD audio playback got broken
6. Fixes for audio track selection on Windows
7. Fixed bug where you couldn't startup SageTV if it had a leftover transcoding/mediaplayer process running from before.
8. Fixed bug where SageTV would reset the user's registry permissions on startup

Placeshifter Updates
1. Fixed loss of video when seeking within the buffer
2. Major performance enhancement for remote use of the Linux placeshifter (it handles compressed images now)
3. Add disable_deinterlacing=false/true into placeshifter.properties, as HDTV show deinterlace uses up CPU resource in some kind of video card.
4. Add extra_option into placeshifter.properties for passing option into mplayer

Extender Updates
1. Fixed MVP rendering bug where we'd leave an extra line of clip area left over sometimes
2. Fixed audio blip on the MVP that would happen randomly (cross fingers...haven't heard it yet)

Studio Updates
1. Fixed bug where a mouse click on an item could end up firing multiple times
2. Fixed bug where some UI components that were hidden and then refreshed to shown wouldn't have their properties updated correctly
3. Added new Utility API call: ExecuteProcessReturnOutput which allows getting the output of another process execution easily (i.e. stdout/stderr data)

STV Updates
1. Updated conversion dialog to use icons for format names that have them -- images are named using the format name with spaces removed as the filename + ".png"
2. After user selects "Generate Photo Thumbnails", the thumbnail generation process will skip an image if it fails to generate a thumbnail for it after 20 seconds of trying.
3. Added File Size to the pop-up Photo Info dialog.
4. During playback, the OSD turns on when a playlist changes tracks, but not during live TV.
5. For NTE input, moved the number '1' in front of the symbols used when that number is entered.
6. Browse by Category: in the left pane list of categories, can use letters/numbers to jump to the next name starting with that letter.
7. Changed video conversion options to a single dialog.
8. Removed border from Google video results to match the current borderless style, as in SageTV Recordings.
9. Can left click on video playing in preview window to jump to playback screen.
10. Removed the Google video pop-up options dialog, since it only had a single option to play the video. After selecting the video, it now begins to download before starting playback. The download may be cancelled while waiting for playback to begin. Also: fixed the error where Google video would continue to download and begin playing after the downlaod was cancelled.
11. Changed layout for padding adjustment dialogs so that the left/right arrows don't move as the text length for the padding description changes.
12. While using NTE in a pop-up dialog, the NTE status line no longer disappears, so the dialog doesn’t expand & shrink as numbers are entered & the status line goes blank.
13. When configuring a source, added ability to assign an already-configured channel lineup to the source instead of having to choose the provider, set channels, etc.
14. Channel Setup: while remapping a channel, added option to map a different station to the current channel number.
15. Channel Setup: if a channel's physical number is different from its logical number, show the physical number in brackets.

And Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

The permissions problem in registry is fixed.

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

No HDHomeRun QAM support yet. That's the one thing I'm looking for.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
Is there a list of known bugs?

Specifically, there is one bug in the Linux version where the imported videos show up as bitrate:0kbps and length:0sec, so the ff/rev do not work. Sage has said that this was logged as a bug, but I am trying to figure out if I should just wait for the fix to be in 6.0 or abandon the Linux server idea for now and revisit it when the next version of Sage ramps up.

Suggestions?
That's ones fixed for the next build.
you meant the next, next one, right?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Time to buy that NVidia DualTV
Old 11-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
Installing..

HD Preferred.. It's a dream come true!

I'm a happy camper..

Happy thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Sage Expert

Kudos for WMA tags; great work, guys!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

It keeps getting better!
Rob
Old 11-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Sage User

Great!! Thanks for the update!! I can now get a great PQ with my NVIDIA DualTV . Thank the SageTV Gods that I can now re-assign the STATION for channels!
Old 11-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Sage User

And the DVB-S tuning still missing?
I got $100 for you sitting in my wallet, please enable this feature
Old 11-23-2006, 02:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Narflex,
please update the software version list in the bug submit form to include 6.0.15.

thanks,
Chris
Old 11-23-2006, 03:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
11. Changed layout for padding adjustment dialogs so that the left/right arrows don't move as the text length for the padding description changes.
15. Channel Setup: if a channel's physical number is different from its logical number, show the physical number in brackets.
Two very irritating things fixed! Thanks.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-23-2006, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec
Narflex,
please update the software version list in the bug submit form to include 6.0.15.

thanks,
Chris
Oh, I thought this was the bug free build.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
And Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks for the hard work on this software. I really enjoy the system.

B
Old 11-23-2006, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Why can't I download the Beta. I have tried 3 diff. machines.... IE7 firefox getright etc.. They all give me the same errors "Corrupt Installation Detected, Cherck source media or re-download".

This happens On SageTV and SageTVclient downloads. I tried last night and again this morning. Deleted all my IE tempfiles etc... still the same error.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Why can't I download the Beta. I have tried 3 diff. machines.... IE7 firefox getright etc.. They all give me the same errors "Corrupt Installation Detected, Cherck source media or re-download".

This happens On SageTV and SageTVclient downloads. I tried last night and again this morning. Deleted all my IE tempfiles etc... still the same error.
It worked fine for me... problem with your internet connection maybe?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer

IIRC, I remember somebody on this forum mentioning a similar problem. It was due to his router screwing up the DL's due to SPI enabled on the router. he disabled SPI and all was well.

edit: Yup it was due to SPI, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&highlight=spi
Old 11-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

I dont know what you did with placeshifter (i read the bug fixes) but mines working a lot better.

When I connect the username is now in focus so I can enter it without having to use the mouse

and previously 3 out of 4 times when I clicked on a recording it would play audio but not video, but so far today it's worked perfectly.

I'm a happy chappy, thanks

just waiting for my upload bandwidth to double..... 7 days to go.....
Old 11-23-2006, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
IIRC, I remember somebody on this forum mentioning a similar problem. It was due to his router screwing up the DL's due to SPI enabled on the router. he disabled SPI and all was well.

edit: Yup it was due to SPI, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&highlight=spi
Thanks for your suggestions. I tried everything even direct connection bypassing my routers nothing worked. I will wait I can download from every where else even downloaded the newest nero which is 150 meg and that worked. I am sure I am not gonna be the only one experiencing this problem.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
you meant the next, next one, right?
It's fixed in this one. You'll just need to set the property: force_full_content_reindex=true

to get SageTV to reindex your library and fix those DB entries.

Bug submit page was updated as well, thanks.