SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage

Smile SageTV V6.0.14 Beta is Now Available

Howdy again, here's the latest beta we've got ready for you.

Information on the first beta for V6 is available here: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20298

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO READ THE POST ABOUT THE FIRST V6 BETA IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

All bug reports should be submitted to http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

Downloads:

SageTV
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V6_0_14Setup.exe

SageTVClient
http://download.sage.tv./SageTVClient_V6_0_14Setup.exe

SageTVPlaceshifter
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaces..._0_14Setup.exe

And here's the release notes:

SageTV V6.0.14 Release Notes 11/09/2006

Core Updates
1. Added signal handling code so we don't get error popups on Windows if SageTVTranscoder.exe crashes
2. Added proper FLAC file format detection
3. Major performance enhancement to keyword favorite processing
4. Fixed bug where SageTV doesn't properly parse timeslot strings
5. New Image Loading/Scaling system for thumbnail generation & Extenders & 3D rendering. Can be enabled by setting: ui/use_native_image_loader=true (this is still experimental and only on Windows currently, but it provides a major performance enhancement for media extenders and image handling)
6. Added new optimized image code for thumbnail generation, needs to have ui/use_native_image_loader=true set to be enabled
7. When downloading Flash video files flush the file to disk after the first bytes are downloaded so the file doesn't remain zero size when we do verification on it.
8. Fixed bug where the thumbnail for a MediaFile wouldn't get refreshed properly if it was changed
9. Fixed bugs where empty lines in m3u playlists would cause SageTV to ignore the whole playlist
10. Fixed bug where SageTV wouldn't resume a recording from a digital source without deleting the prior partial file.
11. Fixed bug where you couldn't override a currently recording favorite by using a ManualRecord if there were no tuners left
12. Fixed bug where converted MediaFiles could be deleted because more disk space was needed
13. Fixed bug where you can't cancel a transcode job that's waiting
14. Added support for using the 'Shift+Insert' keystroke to paste text into a TextInput widget (it'll currently replace all the text in the input box)
15. Fixed bug where importing STVIs didn't save the new STV
16. Fixed bug where invalid characters in the XML files from Google video can cause no results to be shown
17. FIX TS parser overflow error on DVB-S TS stream that carries too many sub-streams in a program
18. FIX bugs on format dectecting scrambled stream.
19. Fix: DVB-S tuning bug, and Scan channel bug

Windows Updates
1. Added support for selecting the audio stream when doing multiple audio stream playback
2. Default transcoding quality for the MVP is now 'High' if the user is running Windows and they have a 1.9GHz or higher CPU
3. Fixed bug where demux output LPCM pin was not rendered
4. Changed memory allocation technique back to being non-managed and fixed bug related to not clearing texture surfaces when using non-managed memory

Placeshifter Updates
1. Fixed bug where music files didn't playback in the Placeshifter (they started out in a paused state)

Extender Updates
1. Fix mvp tftp load in error cases
2. Fixed S/PDIF output

STV Updates
1. Changed animation for browser view change to be smoother.
2. Temporarily set Google top 100 videos to download 99 videos to get around RSS feed problem. (The Google RSS feed fails when the list contains a video that Google's RSS feed creator can't handle.)
3. Changed max channel check to better handle a possible error.
4. Improved folder browser performance for the separate folders views for the music, photo, and video browsers.
5. Changed code to check results of GetCaptureDeviceBroadcastStandard() with and w/o a dash, such as "DVB-T" and "DVBT".
6. Changed default Photo and Video folder browsing style to Combined.
7. Improved handling of conflict options if a Manual Recording is the conflict.
8. Added ability to display & use 24 hour clock times when viewing/setting Favorite timeslots.
9. Only offer option to convert an airing if it has been recorded & isn't still recording.

NOTE: There's a bug where DVD audio playback doesn't work on the PC. I've attached the DLL with the fix to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DShowPlayer.zip (64.7 KB, 594 views)
Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

yeah!!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

Are 2 x PVR500's still a problem when installing fresh (not going over the top of 5.0.4)?

P

Thanks Jeff. VVVV

Last edited by Polypro; 11-13-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
Are 2 x PVR500's still a problem when installing fresh (not going over the top of 5.0.4)?

P
Nope. This issue has been fixed.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Perfect timing! I'm home alone this week

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 11-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
5. New Image Loading/Scaling system for thumbnail generation & Extenders & 3D rendering. Can be enabled by setting: ui/use_native_image_loader=true (this is still experimental and only on Windows currently, but it provides a major performance enhancement for media extenders and image handling)
Is it enough to just set it in Sage.Properties or do I have to set it in the properties file of each client?
Old 11-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Windows Updates
1. Added support for selecting the audio stream when doing multiple audio stream playback
This feature doesn't seem to work for me. Much of the programming from Fox has two audio streams, AC3@48kHz Stereo, AC3@48kHz (mono). Whenever I view anything with that combination of streams, I always get the mono stream regardless of my selection.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltraud
Is it enough to just set it in Sage.Properties or do I have to set it in the properties file of each client?
I only see the property in sage.properties where it is set to false by default

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Old 11-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
I only see the property in sage.properties where it is set to false by default

rtengvad
OK. Now I am confused

Did you do a fresh install or update an existing installation?

I updated and couldn't find the new setting in the properties files so I added it to Sage.Properties
Old 11-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Sage User

Updating

Sorry for the naive question, but...
When dealing with the betas, what's the "Proper" way to do the update?
Do we need to do anything special to the properties files?
And should we reload the default STV?

How bout with placeshifter, should I purge their properties files?
Old 11-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK. Now I am confused

Did you do a fresh install or update an existing installation?

I updated and couldn't find the new setting in the properties files so I added it to Sage.Properties
I just updated on top of ver 6.0.13 (after I did a backup of the Sage folder) and there it was, already in sage.properties. All I did was changing false to true.

rtengvad

Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh
Sorry for the naive question, but...
When dealing with the betas, what's the "Proper" way to do the update?
Do we need to do anything special to the properties files?
And should we reload the default STV?

How bout with placeshifter, should I purge their properties files?
All you should have to do is close SageTV and run the installer, installing the new version on top of the old one. Chapter 2 of the PDF manual has a short blurb about installing an upgrade and this beta forum has a sticky thread with info about how to save everything before installing a new version.

SageTV & SageTVClient automatically revert to the default STV when first run, but the Placeshifter & MVP clients do not. If you've installed imports for the default STV, you'll need to reapply them.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Every client. And the SageClient.properties on the server if you are running service mode.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Sage Expert

Can anyone confirm if the MVP audio bursting problem has been corrected?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can no longer shutdown Sage to the taskbar via Girder. All of the remote keys seem to work fine but my "off" button. Just restored back to 5 and it works again. Chad
Old 11-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any Linux bug fixes?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Can anyone confirm if the MVP audio bursting problem has been corrected?
If you mean the beeps, I haven't heard it yet... used to happen frequently in the menu system, but not yet. Its not listed in the fixes though. Might just not have had it running long enough to have heard it yet.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
Any Linux bug fixes?
All the core updates apply to both except when otherwise noted, and the Linux 6.0.14 build is already uploaded.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofDeth
If you mean the beeps, I haven't heard it yet... used to happen frequently in the menu system, but not yet. Its not listed in the fixes though. Might just not have had it running long enough to have heard it yet.
I'm curious to hear more feedback on this. We had an attempted fix in this mvp.bin; but I know I've heard the blip since using it...although the few times I did it was quite low in volume and very short (almost couldn't tell it happened unless you knew what it sounded like). Some other SageTV people that have been using it for a few days haven't heard it at all...and ones that didn't know it was fixed asked about it because they thought it was fixed since they didn't hear it...so we'll have to see what the jury (i.e. beta testers) have to say about this one.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm still getting the bleeps. It might be my imagination but they seem less frequent. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun tracking this one down

My slideshow screensaver has not frozen yet and I now get a backup copy of the STV when applying an import so those fixes seem good to me.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.