SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Sage User

Divx Files not showing proper film length

I just started saving my DVD's to Divx. Playing great in Sage and Wireless Media Extender, but Sage is not reading the length of the file correctly. i.e. Mrs. Brown is 1:45 minutes and it shows up durring play as 59 minutes, so when you get to this point of the movie you can no longer ff or rewind without strange things happening. I tried 3 different external players and they all show the time correctly.

I have refressed the database, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Old 06-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

If you are saving the newly created divx files directly into you media import folders, Sage will sometimes scan the file during the creation and mess up the timeline.

What I, and others do, is to do any creation, copying, or unzipping of a fle is to do that into a "temp" folder on the same HD. Once that is done, then we can do a quick move into the destination folder without giving Sage time to scan the incomplete file.

What I would do is move those files out of the import folder into a temp folder on the same HD, let Sage refresh and see that they aren't there anymore. Once that happens, then you can move the files back, refresh, and you should be set.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
What I would do is move those files out of the import folder into a temp folder on the same HD, let Sage refresh and see that they aren't there anymore. Once that happens, then you can move the files back, refresh, and you should be set.
Yeah. I did that. I actually rip them on another PC and them copy over the network to the Media file server for sage.

I was doing this with Nero Encoded MP4 AVC, and it worked fine.

I recently switched to the Divx avi format so that I can play movies over the Hauppauge Media Extender.

Since then, well thats when the movie time problem started.

I am using SageMC, but I don't think that could be the problem.

Thanks for the help. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Brett
Old 06-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Make sure you don't copy directly to the imported folders. You have to copy to another folder first, then cut and paste to the import folders.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:49 AM
SageTVaholic

... and to trigger Sage to rescan the length of the files, rename them... (Sage only scans the files if it sees what it thinks is a new one)
Old 06-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
... and to trigger Sage to rescan the length of the files, rename them... (Sage only scans the files if it sees what it thinks is a new one)
That still didn't work. Not really a bid deal, just odd behavior.

I moved to another directory. Renamed. Moved to the proper directory. Rescanned. And the file time is still incorrect on all of the divx files. Perfect on my MP4s.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Any luck on this problem because i am having similar problems with some of my movies aswell.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

ttt