SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Sage Icon

Once again - this plug in is totally awesome. Thanks again.

Question - Is there anyway to make the Sage screensaver or sage graphics (like when playing music from Sage) come on? I have a plasma TV upstairs and I want to avoid burn in because I've read burn in can occur even if the screen is black but with the radio it's not even black anyways. I figure one way would be to hook up separate speakers to the HTPC and turn off the TV but I'd like to avoid that because that creates other problems. Is there a way for me to tell sage to play or display random graphics or something to avoid burnin? Luckily I probably won't be using the radio much on my upstairs plasma and won't be getting a plasma for the downstairs TV because I'll be listening to radio more downstairs and also the kids play games but others may have plasma TV's.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-14-2006, 03:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
Once again - this plug in is totally awesome. Thanks again.

Question - Is there anyway to make the Sage screensaver or sage graphics (like when playing music from Sage) come on? I have a plasma TV upstairs and I want to avoid burn in because I've read burn in can occur even if the screen is black but with the radio it's not even black anyways. I figure one way would be to hook up separate speakers to the HTPC and turn off the TV but I'd like to avoid that because that creates other problems. Is there a way for me to tell sage to play or display random graphics or something to avoid burnin? Luckily I probably won't be using the radio much on my upstairs plasma and won't be getting a plasma for the downstairs TV because I'll be listening to radio more downstairs and also the kids play games but others may have plasma TV's.

Thanks,
Mike
hi Mike,

Thanks for your support. Next version will solve some bugs and add dynamic Artist Info.

Concerning the burn in, just turn on SageTV screen saver from detailed setup>General>Screen Saver Timeout.

Chris
Old 06-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Sage Icon

Here's a StationList.txt for anyone who want's to get this up and running with more than the default 3 stations.

P

Last edited by Polypro; 03-05-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Sage Icon

Polypro - the link Morgan provided in post #37 is really just great. You can find just about anything there from rock, pop, classical, country, news, talk radio and even comedy stations (ahh, some of that language is not for the kids). Which reminds me...

koelec - any word on a possible update so that the stations refresh each time going to the web radio menu? That would be nice in that I could easily have two station files and the windows scheduler can automatically copy a station file after hours which has comedy radio talk not suitable for kids.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 06-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, that's where I got these from...and the other one for the US stations. It actually takes a little while to configure, at least it did for me (Layout, some streams were not working, etc...) so I figured for newer users, this would help. Love the plug-in.

P
Old 06-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Polypro - the link Morgan provided in post #37 is really just great. You can find just about anything there from rock, pop, classical, country, news, talk radio and even comedy stations (ahh, some of that language is not for the kids).
just added one of the comedy stations to my own system, really funny stuff
Quote:
koelec - any word on a possible update so that the stations refresh each time going to the web radio menu? That would be nice in that I could easily have two station files and the windows scheduler can automatically copy a station file after hours which has comedy radio talk not suitable for kids.
Thanks again,
Mike
Thanks for the tip. Implemented it this evening. Nearly there to release new version, just need some time to create STVI.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

One more thing - I noticed the BACK does not behave like the rest of Sage. In other words, when I press the Left Arrow it does not go back to the prior screen but stays at the same screen; I have to be on the Back and press Enter (Select).

Thanks again for a wonderful plugin.

Mike
Old 06-14-2006, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

That happen to me too. I thought it was just my system!

Quote:
One more thing - I noticed the BACK does not behave like the rest of Sage. In other words, when I press the Left Arrow it does not go back to the prior screen but stays at the same screen; I have to be on the Back and press Enter (Select).

Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Sage User

For those who understand the inner workings of MediaMVP and Sage, will this ever be able to work with the MVPs?
Old 06-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Another thing I noticed is that when I click on links that play radio in media player like these:

http://a493.l1977044510.c19770.g.lm....0?MSWMExt=.asf

and

http://abcrad.wm.llnwd.net/abcrad_kabc

it doesn't seem to work in Sage and I'm not sure why.

Thanks again,
Mike

Mike, go to www.shoutcast.com and where the search option on the left for "Station,genre" is, just enter Los Angeles and search
Old 06-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Mike
Already fixed that. Will be in the next version.

thanks,
Chris
Old 06-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwaugh
For those who understand the inner workings of MediaMVP and Sage, will this ever be able to work with the MVPs?
As it stands right now, this will not work with the MVP... It uses the jlgui (http://www.javazoom.com/jlgui/jlgui.html) jave player on the actual client. As the MVP does not utilize the applet that this stv/plugin uses, it does not work on the MVP.

If it (or another alternative...) were to send the mp3/stream to Sage's internal player, then it would work with the MVP.

-Jason
Old 06-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Sage User

Jason,

Thanks for the information
Old 06-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Looking forward to the next version with the Back working and the automatic refresh of the station list.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

New version available

Look at the head of this thread or go directly to this download page:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloa...?do=file&id=87
Old 06-18-2006, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. After I upgraded, it STILL doesn't stop the internal SageTV media player when it starts playing. Very annoying when TV continues playing on top of the radio.

EDIT: The above issue happens when going into the "Now Playing" menu.. it automatically starts the SageTV media player again. Did you test this?

Also, when sageTV goes to sleep, the music forgets to stop. It good to keep behavior consistent with sageTV's media player which DOES stop when it goes to sleep. This also causes problems for people who want to use this with the Sleep timer STVi

Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-18-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Also, a couple of minor issues:

1) Artist picture needs to resize itself appropriately for high res displays. On my 1920x1440 display, the picture looks small and not centered.

2) Pause doesn't work. EDIT: Pause works sometimes. When it doesnt work, it briefly stops the music and it starts back up automatically.

Thanks for all your hard work! This is starting to get better!!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-18-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Gee, I get a SageMC rehost out and then you go and make big (but great) changes!. I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow night...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=234

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...=17979&page=13
Old 06-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. After I upgraded, it STILL doesn't stop the internal SageTV media player when it starts playing. Very annoying when TV continues playing on top of the radio.

EDIT: The above issue happens when going into the "Now Playing" menu.. it automatically starts the SageTV media player again. Did you test this?
That's strange. I can not reproduce this. It works flawlessly on my setup.
I don't see how this would be possible, because the mediaplayer is closed when playback starts in either web radio main or now playing menu and there's no code in the stv code to start the mediaplayer. Can you please provide the exact steps you take to reproduce this ?

Quote:
Also, when sageTV goes to sleep, the music forgets to stop. It good to keep behavior consistent with sageTV's media player which DOES stop when it goes to sleep. This also causes problems for people who want to use this with the Sleep timer STVi
It does work on my system. When I choose the standby item on the main menu, web radio stops playback and sage TV goes to tray. I have installed a listener for the Power Off command in the Global Theme which calls the stopblackback function of the web radio. Could you please verify that you're stv contain this Global Theme and that it has this theme like shown in the attached jpg.

thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg global theme.JPG (18.8 KB, 404 views)
Old 06-19-2006, 01:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Also, a couple of minor issues:

1) Artist picture needs to resize itself appropriately for high res displays. On my 1920x1440 display, the picture looks small and not centered.
There is a way to scale the image, but I don't know if it can be made dynamic so it looks good on all resolutions. I will come back to this later.

Quote:
2) Pause doesn't work. EDIT: Pause works sometimes. When it doesnt work, it briefly stops the music and it starts back up automatically.
Pausing live streams should function like muting. Currently it is not supported, but as a side effect it restarts playback.

Thanks for your feedback.