SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

I've been using this plugin ALL weekend. Very stable and usable! I don't even need WMA stream support; since all the good internet radio stations have support for both shoutcast and WMA streams. Great work! I'm looking forward to seeing the next version!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-11-2006, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I am still dreaming about ShoutCast playback with the Winamp MediaPlayer plugin in order to use the Winamp visualizations... Now that the Winamp plugin is (reciprocal) open source, ever thought about this ?

Dirk
Old 06-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Sage User

Thanks so much for the radio stvi... wife is very happy.

Two Comments: I accidentally loaded the stvi (that places the Web Radio menu item on the onine services) twice and the menu is now there twice. Perhaps you should add a lottle code to not add it if already there.

Secondly, when I try to run it from the MediaMVP it makes the sound come out of the computer twice... no sound from the MVP connected TV. Do you, or anyone, have any idea if this can be made to work with the MediaMVPs?

Last edited by wrwaugh; 06-11-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
MVP support and placeshifting support would be much appreciated.
The FM Radio STVi seems to have no progress and this would be a great replacement once it has been fully developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwaugh
Thanks so much for the radio stvi... wife is very happy.

Two Comments: I accidentally loaded the stvi (that places the Web Radio menu item on the onine services) twice and the menu is now there twice. Perhaps you should add a lottle code to not add it if already there.

Secondly, when I try to run it from the MediaMVP it makes the sound come out of the computer twice... no sound from the MVP connected TV. Do you, or anyone, have any idea if this can be made to work with the MediaMVPs?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Sage User

Seems nice, but have two requests. If possible, could you make the currently selected/playing station outlined in yellow to make it faster to identify which station is playing. Also, could you add the sage volume bar control?

Thanks, liking it so far. I'm new to the whole web radio thing. This is my first time trying it out.

Last edited by raulinigo; 06-11-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Sage User

I have a hauppauge PVR150 (no radio..) Is there any way i can get the radio button on my hauppauge remote (45 button) to launch the web radio menu? Maybe a sendmessage command could do it if there was an event # for it?
I've done a bit of editing in the IRremote.ini, currently my radio button is set to:
RADIO={findwnd(SageApp,SageWin)}{SendMsg(1258,0,27)}
Which lets me toggle full screen with. But if possible I really want to launch the web radio with this button and then i'd put use my Sub/cc or Go button to toggle fullscreen.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Sage Icon

I just installed this plugin.....Should I repeat myself:

I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT

I've wanted this for a LONG TIME. I was using the FM Radio plugin but it was not compatible with my new NVidia DualTV card and also the reception here is not too good.

I LOVE IT... This is absolutely fantastic. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE IT...Fabulous....

Bruener...I use the USB-UIRT along with Nielms Dynamic Menu and I use the freeware/shareware HIP program. HIP (human interface program) controls my remote for all my applications including Sage, Nero Showtime media player (to play my mp4 apps) and Mame.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruenerXII
I have a hauppauge PVR150 (no radio..) Is there any way i can get the radio button on my hauppauge remote (45 button) to launch the web radio menu? Maybe a sendmessage command could do it if there was an event # for it?
I've done a bit of editing in the IRremote.ini, currently my radio button is set to:
Which lets me toggle full screen with. But if possible I really want to launch the web radio with this button and then i'd put use my Sub/cc or Go button to toggle fullscreen.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Sage Icon

Can someone help me out here. I can't seem to find out what certain streams are. For example, AM 790 Talk Radio. It has a website:
http://rope.kabc.com/lcplayer/kabc2.htm
which seems to download it's own media player (or windows media player and I tried the link and tried right clicking on it to find this link in the properties:
http://abc-web-llnw2.adinjector.net/kabc/launch.asx
but neither one seems to work in Sage. I have a few radio stations I'd like to add that aren't working. Any ideas?

Another station if I right click on the link I get this link:
javascript:void(window.open('/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html',%20'ccTuner',%20'width=668,height=420,status=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no'))

So I'm just not sure how to get the stream from that.

Ideally, I'd like to know if there is a link somewhere that provides a directory of web radio in the Los Angeles area (or if not, in California).

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mike1961; 06-13-2006 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Does not work with Placeshifting.
Says:

Error: Unknown Internal Screen "WebRadio"
I haven't tested the plugin with placeshifting.
Can someone explain to me how it works technically?
thanks.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Currently, I'm VERY happy with what he has released so far. Surprisingly, it works perfectly... all except for a couple of very minor issues

- Send STOP command to SageTV (before the streaming starts)
- Send STOP to Internet Radio (when sageTV sleeps)
Currently working on resolving these problems and also on
some new functionality you all will love ...
Old 06-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Sage Icon

Another thing I noticed is that when I click on links that play radio in media player like these:

http://a493.l1977044510.c19770.g.lm....0?MSWMExt=.asf

and

http://abcrad.wm.llnwd.net/abcrad_kabc

it doesn't seem to work in Sage and I'm not sure why.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
Can someone help me out here. I can't seem to find out what certain streams are. For example, AM 790 Talk Radio. It has a website:
http://rope.kabc.com/lcplayer/kabc2.htm
which seems to download it's own media player (or windows media player and I tried the link and tried right clicking on it to find this link in the properties:
http://abc-web-llnw2.adinjector.net/kabc/launch.asx
but neither one seems to work in Sage. I have a few radio stations I'd like to add that aren't working. Any ideas?

Another station if I right click on the link I get this link:
javascript:void(window.open('/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html',%20'ccTuner',%20'width=668,height=420,status=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no'))

So I'm just not sure how to get the stream from that.

Ideally, I'd like to know if there is a link somewhere that provides a directory of web radio in the Los Angeles area (or if not, in California).

Thanks,
Mike
file names with extensions such as .asx are Microsoft Media streams and they won't work with this plugin, because they are not shoutcast compatible. Support these these stream formats is currently not provided by this plugin, because the internally used JLGui library does not support them. Maybe a future release of this plugin might add support for controlling WMP, Winamp and/or realplayer.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruenerXII
That's a great idea. Such a command could switch to the webradio menu and start playing the last station selected in a previous session automatically, so I don't need to turn on my TV set to start listening to the radio.

thanks for the tip/request.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Sage Icon

Just thought I'd let you know, this is already easy to do with the USB-UIRT and HIP.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec
That's a great idea. Such a command could switch to the webradio menu and start playing the last station selected in a previous session automatically, so I don't need to turn on my TV set to start listening to the radio.

thanks for the tip/request.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

That would be great. In the meantime - is there a directory somewhere of links that do work. I'm sure there have to be thousands available but I'm thinking either Los Angeles, California or even the US. Thanks again - this plugin is just really great.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec
file names with extensions such as .asx are Microsoft Media streams and they won't work with this plugin, because they are not shoutcast compatible. Support these these stream formats is currently not provided by this plugin, because the internally used JLGui library does not support them. Maybe a future release of this plugin might add support for controlling WMP, Winamp and/or realplayer.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

It will be nice to have an update with the additional playing options. It seems like many stations in my area open up their own javascript players or even windows media player where I can't play them in Sage. Otherwise, it works great.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Try http://www.shoutcast.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
That would be great. In the meantime - is there a directory somewhere of links that do work. I'm sure there have to be thousands available but I'm thinking either Los Angeles, California or even the US. Thanks again - this plugin is just really great.

Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

I found out that anything that plays in WinAmp appears to play just fine with this plugin. So, all I need to do is look for the winamp icon. Everything works just great now...plenty of stations to choose from. I checked out www.web-radio.fm

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Sage Icon

Morgan - that link you provided works great. Thanks.

koelec - I noticed that when I updated the stations text file I need to quit Sage for the web radio to refresh the list. Is there any way to make it so that I don't need to quit Sage. It would be idea to refresh the list every time one goes into the radio menu. This way I could keep two separate lists and have the windows scheduler copy an after hours list at night and the regular list in the morning (where the after hours list could contain comedy radio that is not suitable for kids).

Thanks,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Old 06-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

Just installed this...awesome! Thank You. I did notice that it wanted to replace a Mar 2006 .jar file (common.logons or something) with a 2004 version. I kept the newer version that Sage or neilm's Dynamic Menu installs and it still works fine. Thanks again mate.

P