SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage

SageTV V5.0.4 Released

We've just released SageTV 5.0.4 to correct some bugs in 5.0.2 & 5.0.3. It's available through the regular download location on our website:
http://sagetv.com/download.html

NOTE: The included Java installer was changed from 1.5.0_06 to 1.4.2_11. If you're having stability issues with SageTV and using a 1.5 version of Java, we'd recommend downgrading to a 1.4.2 version of Java.

Here's the release notes since the last release which was 5.0.2:

SageTV V5.0.4 Release Notes 5/31/2006

Core Updates
1. Fixed issue where LAN playback of the Placeshifter would stutter on Live TV.
2. Fixed bug with duplicates being created for time recordings (we mean it this time)
3. Fixed bug where file switching on network encoders using remote upload didn't reset the file position correctly
4. Added registry option to use fast channel changing method with DTVSerial again (create as a DWORD and set to 1 to enable, 0 to disable): HKLM\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\SageTV\DirecTVSerialFastChannelChanges

SageTV V5.0.3 Release Notes 5/22/2006

Core Updates
1. BUG FIX: Whatever account the user is trying to use for the service needs to have log on as service rights
2. Fixed bug where the Shift key would give "Shift+" as it's keystroke string
3. Fixes for ID3 importing issues and custom metadata importing issues
4. Added ability to specify ir tuning preroll for all tuning plugins
5. Bug Fix: Scheduler can miss a Favorite recording due to a forced overlap issue
6. Bug Fix: The SageTV Service tries to show the 'trial is expiring' message when there's 7 days left on the trial; so it never starts since it has no UI
7. Fix: MCE remote Green button doesn't not work on Window XP MCE
8. DirecTV Serial Control code on Windows has been redone so it should work with more receivers now and auto-detect them as well
9. Add registry Win32ShellHookEnable to contorl Win32ShellHook.dll load.
10. Bug Fix: Recurring time based recordings can sometimes end up with duplicates created
11, Fixed bug where trailing whitespace is not accounted for when rendering a textinput widget

Extender Updates
1. Wireless MVP Support!!!!
2. Bug Fix: Continuous playback of MP3 files on the MVP will eventually stop
3. Changed media extender trial message to say 15 days instead of 7 days.
4. Bug Fix: Channel Setup doesn't work correctly when viewed on the MVP
5. Added support for doing frame stepping on the MVP
6. Bug Fix: Command remapping doesn't always work right for the MVP clients
7. Bug Fix: Extender clients properties files can still get polluted with the main SageTV properties

Studio Updates
1. Reflected expression evaluator doesn't allow using wrapped primitive types because it converts them to primitives
2. Fixed NPE bug in getting the airings on an album.
3. Fixed potential NPE error in toString() method for Album
4. Context menus in the Studio don't show on the secondary monitor when using multiple monitors
5. Bug Fix: Calling AddChannel with an updated network doesn't update the channel object
6. Bug Fix: Last focused item is not remembered correctly between menu transitions

Placeshifter Updates
1. Fixed bug where SageTV would hang setting up the UPnP ports for Placeshifting
2. Added support for Linux
3. Fixed issues relating to font differences between the client & the server
4. Changed Placeshifter trial message to say 15 days instead of 7 days.
5. Bug Fix: MiniClient should hide the mouse cursor when in full screen mode and there is inactivity
6. Added -fullscreen command line option for MiniClient which causes it to be launched in full screen mode.
7. Optimization for rendering the 'TRIAL' text on the MiniClient (it was very CPU intesive before)
8. Placeshifter buffer sizes for playback are now configurable via properties video_buffer_size and audio_buffer_size (audio buffer size is used when playing back audio only files, otherwise video is used, the units are bytes)
9. Add always on top option to the Placeshifting MiniClient
10. Added support for using a 16-bit color depth on the desktop
11. Added warning message for when post-processing is causing the video to not play correctly
12. Added support for using the Placeshifter on any monitor in a multiple monitor system

Linux Updates
1. Added support for using LIRC
2. Changed Linux architecture to be client/server based on a single system
3. SageTV for Linux now runs as a back-end service
4. The SageTV Placeshifter client for Linux is used as the front end on Linux
5. Fixed bug where using a Windows Wiz.bin file on a Linux system could cause the importer to stop working
6. Added support for power management on Linux in the Placeshifter

STV Updates
1. For Linux: Added ability to set "Infrared Blaster" tuning plugin port. User can select from ports 0 - 9.
2. Fixed theme for text that is shown when a list is empty so that the white text has a dark shadow. (such as on the Parallel Recording Schedule screen.)
3. Disabled the Update feature in Detailed Setup for Linux version.
4. Removed RenderXForm settings from NTE status text.
5. The "remove_padding_on_back_to_back_favorites" property is now set on the server AND locally.
6. Skipped the Config Wiz menu asking whether to display the mouse shortcut icons.
7. Modified some calls to GetShowTitle() to use GetAiringTitle() instead so that Timed Recordings have their correct title used.
8. Modified menu container so that vertical button spacing doesn't cause the bottom button to display incorrectly.
9. Using Play command while highlighting music item (playlist, album, song, etc.) initiates playback of that item.
10. After music playlist finishes, jump to the Playlist Details menu instead of Album Details.
11. Added a Standby option to the pop-up Optiosn dialog on the playback screen.
12. Fixed NTE buttons so the text isn't truncated when the button are too small. (text is now shrunk to fit.)
13. File browser no longer checks for directory status of root drives, to prevent repeated drive A access attempts.
14. Weather loc config: If country is USA, turn NTE off for location entry; all other countries use the current NTE setting. The original NTE setting is restored once the location entry dialog closes.
15. Fixed Screen Saver Timeout entry dialog so that 0 minutes can be entered. Non-zero values are still checked for a minimum value of 1 minute.

We hope you all enjoy. Please submit any bugs at http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 05-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

I can't keep up

Just installed v5.0.3 four hours ago
Old 05-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdaddy
I can't keep up

Just installed v5.0.3 four hours ago
Yeah I know what you mean. I had downloaded 5.0.3 last night and just now saw the new version. Glad I didnt take the time last night to install it.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to klunde Send a message via AIM to klunde Send a message via MSN to klunde Send a message via Yahoo to klunde
You know, there is a reason for calling a version "release candidate"....
Old 06-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone know the best procedure for upgrading Sage from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 while at the same time downgrading java to 4.1.2 as Naflex suggest?

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to klunde Send a message via AIM to klunde Send a message via MSN to klunde Send a message via Yahoo to klunde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
[snip...]

Core Updates
2. Fixed bug with duplicates being created for time recordings (we mean it this time)
[snip...]
Sorry to say so, but this still doesn't work. I now can enter some more recording schedules before "I hit the roof" and get incorrect recording schedule conflicts. (also reported through official channels)
Old 06-01-2006, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
Anyone know the best procedure for upgrading Sage from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 while at the same time downgrading java to 4.1.2 as Naflex suggest?

rtengvad
Best or not remains to be seen, but here's what I did. I quit all SageTV services and clients, uninstalled Java 1.5 and installed SageTV 5.0.4 which installed 1.4.

Incidentally, the STV version number is 5.0.3.11 May 22. No changes from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4?

Thanks,

B
Old 06-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunde
Sorry to say so, but this still doesn't work. I now can enter some more recording schedules before "I hit the roof" and get incorrect recording schedule conflicts. (also reported through official channels)
Please send in the logs to betatest for your latest test.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Jeff,

Does this include the fix you made for my remote network encoder issue (two full instances of SageTV with one controlling the other) or do I need to keep using the Mpeg2dump.ax filter you posted?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Hi Jeff,

Does this include the fix you made for my remote network encoder issue (two full instances of SageTV with one controlling the other) or do I need to keep using the Mpeg2dump.ax filter you posted?
3. Fixed bug where file switching on network encoders using remote upload didn't reset the file position correctly

Old 06-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ah, ok, thanks. I thought that might be it, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the super-quick response.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do DVB-T users still need to incorporate DONKEY's changes (http://download.sagetv.com/users/qian/ )

Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Administrator

As far as I know, you still need those files because DVB support isn't part of this release since it is still being worked on.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Problem with new Direct serial interface.

I installed the latest build and now my Direct Tv (Sat b3) reciever does not work properly with direct serial connection. I get a DTV guide menu sometimes or it just refuses to change channels and is stuck with the guide info from DTV on the screen.
How do I revert back to the old Direct serial setup as it is broke for me. I tried deleting the video source in detailed settings and re-installing the source but its the same thing. I believe it is because the older DTV recievers are not compatable with the new er direct serial drivers.

Never mind I fixed it by just inserting the older direct serial.DLL file in the sage tv folder from an older test build.
Works like a champ now, but I bet there will be others that come across this too.
Seasonic S-12 380w, NEC 3520a Onboard SoundStorm S/PDIF out
WD-Caviar 120GB IDE (System) Seagate (3) Baracuda 250GB sata (Pooled)
GF-7600gs Forceware 93.71 Nvida-Decoder V.4.02.223HDHR-Prime 3-Digital Fios ,HDhomeRun-Qam/FIOS
Clients:GA-MA78GM-S2H -AMD 4800- Sage TV Client-FireFly Remote - Amd x2 Turino LAPTOP - HD-100 + MVP Client DVR Verizon Fios/ B]

Last edited by davefred99; 06-02-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex

SageTV V5.0.3 Release Notes 5/22/2006
Extender Updates

5. Added support for doing frame stepping on the MVP
Frame stepping still does not work properly on the MVP with V5.0.4.92. Does "Added support" mean only part of the needed code has been implemented or should it work properly at this time?
When using the MVP I pause the program, then use the skip forward command. I see the time line skip forward for about a second and then return to its original position. I do not see any sign of a new frame displayed on the MVP.
When I do this same sequence on the regular client the time line advances and stays there and I see a new frame.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had the same issue. It was reported in the thread for testing this .dll but apparenty didn't make it into the release.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefred99
I installed the latest build and now my Direct Tv (Sat b3) reciever does not work properly with direct serial connection. I get a DTV guide menu sometimes or it just refuses to change channels and is stuck with the guide info from DTV on the screen.
How do I revert back to the old Direct serial setup as it is broke for me. I tried deleting the video source in detailed settings and re-installing the source but its the same thing. I believe it is because the older DTV recievers are not compatable with the new er direct serial drivers.

Never mind I fixed it by just inserting the older direct serial.DLL file in the sage tv folder from an older test build.
Works like a champ now, but I bet there will be others that come across this too.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
I had the same issue. It was reported in the thread for testing this .dll but apparenty didn't make it into the release.

peace . . .
Please submit a bug report on this so we can get logs. We don't have a repro case of this in house. http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 06-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

I still having issues with the Wireless MediaMVP that it will not boot if not within 10 meteres of the wireless AP, once I add some distance, it wont simply boot. I tried using the MediaMVP software included and that does load fine and play videos fine. Wireless MediaMVP is rev 2.05.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

I just installed this over 5.0.2. The installer went really quick, it didn't change any settings (AC3 Filter, didn't revert to STV3.xml, and my version numbers in "Help" Still say 5.0.2?????????

P

Edit: I ran the installer again and chose "Modify"...look at the install path. ?

Last edited by Polypro; 03-05-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator

The install path says SageRecorder & the install screen doesn't look familiar to me... are you sure you didn't run the SageTVRecorder installer instead of the one for SageTV?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.