SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Sage

Wink SageTV 5.0.2 Released

We've just released SageTV 5.0.2 to correct some bugs in 5.0.1. It's available through the regular download location on our website:
http://sagetv.com/download.html

Here's the release notes for it:

SageTV V5.0.2 Release Notes 5/1/2006

Core Updates
1. Fixed bug where the * key (Shift+8) was bound to the dash command by default.
2. Re-binded the # key (shift+3) from time scroll to the dash command. This allows users of the MCE remote to enter ATSC/DVB channel numbers using the # key. The Hauppauge remotes still use * as the dash command.
3. Fixed bug where the start time and/or duration of an imported media file would be incorrect due to it being created while it was imported.
4. Fixed bug where external metadata parser plugins weren't called when the size of the imported file was less than 128 bytes.
5. Fixed bug where the Airing object and Airing id would get out of sync in a MediaFile when its data got updated with an external metadata parser plugin.
6. Fixed bug where Playlists would lose all of their entries if the music library was re-imported. Playlists will now resolve references that get lost due to re-importing or even moving files around on disk.
7. Fixed bug in random music playback where it wouldn't play all of the songs before starting over (now it stops when done). This works for Playlists and for the entire library.
8. Fixed bug in music playback where recursive playlists didn't work correctly (it's OK to make playlists infinitely long by having them loop between multiple Playlists)
9. Fixed bug in music playback where you could track up/down beyond the start/end of the playlist.
10. Fixed bug where entering an ATSC channel number with a leading zero wouldn't tune to that channel.
11. Fixed bugs in TVTV data parsing where distinct episodes were not displayed
12. Fixed bug where files of length 4,294,967,295 bytes wouldn't playback
13. Fixed bug where tuning to channels over 100 on the RF input would fail

Extender Updates
1. Fixed bug where users were not able to register extender or Placeshifter keys if they had registered a V5.0 SageTV key.

Studio Updates
1. Fixed bug in Studio exporting where extra reference junk would end up in the export file.
2. Fixed bug in Studio diff engine where it wouldn't recurse down roots that were not Menus or Hooks (which are by definition unused code so this shouldn't have caused any real problems)

Placeshifter Updates
1. Fixed power management support in SageTV Placeshifter so the screen saver doesn't kick in while video is playing.
2. Fixed bug where users were not able to register extender or Placeshifter keys if they had registered a V5.0 SageTV key.

STV Updates
1. Fixed bug where the PDF manual wouldn't launch when selected in the UI's help section
2. Fixed bug where the *, # & ? keys didn't work correctly on some text entry screens.

And hey....look....there's fixes in the music library.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Sage Expert

Anyone tried this yet? Usually the boards are flooded right away!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Sage Icon

No kidding. Its been 4.5 hours, no or postings yet?

I had about a 1 hour window that I was going to do an install in without it affecting my recording schedule, but got sidetracked. I'll try tonight or tommorrow morning.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Nah, I can't be the only one running this yet? BTW - Thanks for fixing the channel changing during live tv for HD shows using the MCE remote.

B

P.S. Watching Letterman in HD, everything looks great!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Sage Icon

I'm trying to ensure I'm starting off with the latest STV, but the timestamp on that file leads me to believe it didn't get installed. I loaded it up, since it did not revert automatically. And the version number in system info is not 5.02, it's 4.1.somthing.

Also can't we have an update done to the folders and file names to not refelct the version number? We have been using the Sagetv3 folder and Sagetv3.xml for too long now. This adds unneeded confusion to everything.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Sage Icon

Found a minute to do the upgrade. No obvious new problems for me.

Unfortunately, the admitedly rare ID3'd mpeg import bug still exists.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:56 AM
Sage Icon

what exactly was fixed in the music library?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, this release seems to have broken PlaceShifter... I can't seem to login. I did verify my password and user name.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:40 AM

Not deleting live tv files after stopping

For some reason, after watching live tv, it's not deleting the live tv files when I stop. Intelligent recording is turned off and delete live files is turned on. Not sure why it's happening.

It happened under v5.0.1 and v5.0.2. Is there something I'm missing?

SageTV 5.0.2
Windows XP x64 edition.
Java 1.5 Update 6
Old 05-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
I'm trying to ensure I'm starting off with the latest STV, but the timestamp on that file leads me to believe it didn't get installed. I loaded it up, since it did not revert automatically. And the version number in system info is not 5.02, it's 4.1.somthing.
Double check that you've actually installed v5.0.2. In sys info, I see SageTV v5.0.2.90 with STV v5.0.2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi
Ok, this release seems to have broken PlaceShifter... I can't seem to login. I did verify my password and user name.
Is your firewall still letting the SageTV server through? Is port forwarding still setup up correctly on your router? I was able to log in using my existing PS users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezone
For some reason, after watching live tv, it's not deleting the live tv files when I stop. Intelligent recording is turned off and delete live files is turned on. Not sure why it's happening.
How long are you waiting? Live TV recordings aren't deleted until sometime after the show is over, not just after you stop watching. I just noticed some getting deleted after I put SageTV to sleep.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've just starting downloading the placeshifter installer. Is there one around without an installer? - there was an old one that was quite a quick download that could just be ran in a folder.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

I believe the latest download link is here.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Yes I did install 5.0.2

It doesn't seem to be overwriting my sagetv3.xml file at all.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Sage Expert

Wheemer:

Have you downloaded the STV updated file from the Studio Resources for 5.0.1? I did since it already contained the fixes now listed in the STV for the 5.0.2 release. In other words, I think it the same file as already posted in the Sudio forum so the installer probably makes no change. Just a guess.

DFA
Old 05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Sage User

Is it any faster?

I'm still running a 4.1.6. By any chance is any 5.0.2 'faster'? 4.1.6 is a bit sluggish and studders at times, hopefully it was due to the beta code. Was the code optimized or were just bells added and bugs fixed?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Sage Icon

nope... haven't manually downloaded the stv at all...

I checked on both my server and client, but it seems to be the older xml in both.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Perhaps it is possible there was a glitch during the installation. Is the STV still the one from your last installed version? Was SageTV installed in the correct directory, or are you looking at an older STVs folder?

I would suggest that you uninstall the current version & then reinstall v5.0.2 again, making sure to pick the same install directory & so on, as usual. If you still have an issue after that, contact SageTV. The STV you mention is not even in the installer, so the installer couldn't have placed it there. If you have a reproducible case of things not getting completely installed, SageTV (the company) needs to know about it.

- Andy
Old 05-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

I'm thinking it must have been some sort of file permissions situation. I uninstalled both my server and cleint, and none of the files were actually removed from my systems.

So I went is and manually deleted all the files I didn't need saved. Then I reinstalled both my server and client.

Now everything is good and I see the proper version numbers.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I believe the latest download link is here.

- Andy

Thanks Opus
Old 05-04-2006, 05:44 AM

"How long are you waiting? Live TV recordings aren't deleted until sometime after the show is over, not just after you stop watching. I just noticed some getting deleted after I put SageTV to sleep.

- Andy"

Well, if that's the case it's a change from the way 4.1 worked. I'd change channels and the file would immediately be removed from my recorded tv directory. Do you know about how long after a show ends the recording is deleted? I just don't want to risk filling up my hard drive.