SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

4.1.14 Notes

These are my notes from 4.1.14:

1. I regenerated all thumbnails. I didn't see any strange thumbnails, but one of my folders didn't show the thumbnails even though when I went into the folder the thumbnails there all appeared fine.

2. The following keys on the MCE keyboard do nothing in SageTV (but probably should):

Live TV
Recorded TV
Guide
DVD Menu
More (could either open up the options menu for a screen, or just duplicate the ok button)
My Music
My Pictures
My Video
My TV

It seems that these keys also can't be linked to functions in SageTV using the learning feature in Sage.

I'm wondering, are these keys special in some way that prevents SageTV from using them?

Oddly, I could swear that when I had ehtray.exe running still (the MCE tray appliction) that at least some of these keys did something. Maybe ehtray was listening for the keys and then generating special keystrokes? The problem I had with leaving ehtray running was that it was only too happy to continually launch MCE itself whenever I pressed a button (it would do a dual-action deal; an action in Sage would occur and an action in MCE would occur).

Any thoughts?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
2. The following keys on the MCE keyboard do nothing in SageTV (but probably should):
I'm curious: do those keyboard buttons work if you go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Config, then select the MCE remote?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I'm curious: do those keyboard buttons work if you go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Config, then select the MCE remote?

- Andy
There is no option for the MCE remote in that list.

The listed remotes are:

No remote or external.
Hauppage 34 Button Remote
Hauppage 45 Button Remote
StreamZap Remote
USB-UIRT Receiver + Any Remote
Evations IRMan Receiver + Any Remote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Administrator

That means that you aren't using the latest STV, since the MCE remote option was added in v4.1.13. (I don't know that the setting will do anything for you; I just figured it was something to try.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
That means that you aren't using the latest STV, since the MCE remote option was added in v4.1.13. (I don't know that the setting will do anything for you; I just figured it was something to try.)

- Andy
Interesting!

I reverted to the default STV before posting, but now that I look more closely I see that SageTV Studio defaults to "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv\stvs\sagetv3" -- which would be fine, except that my installation is on the d: drive. I -do- have an installation on the c: drive (my old system, still accessible via dual-boot).

So anyway, I switched to the right directory and reloaded the SageTV3.xml file and you are correct that there is an MCE option. I selected it, and magically most of the buttons work now. The only buttons that don't seem to work are:

The Green Button
The squigly "I" Buttom
My Radio

I don't expect "My Radio" to do anything. I think that the squigly "I" button works in the default STV, so it may just be that my variant of the sagemce doesnt use that button for anything.

I would like it if the green button did something, but I won't cry if it doesnt. If it doesnt make contextual sense to have it shutdown the PC or SageTV, why not just make it a "go to main menu" button or something?

Anyway, you were right about changing the remote to the MCE type and for that I'm very happy. The useability of the keyboard just went up quite a bit. It retained the setting when I switched back to my default STV (which leads me to believe I could probably just set some property in sage.properties).
Old 04-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

In the default STV, all the buttons except "My Radio" and "Messenger" work. Most if not all of them work without MCE selected in Remote Config (Windows Messages?).

P
Old 04-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK so once the MCE remote is selected as Opus mentions it works fine natively when Sage has focus but how do I wake/start Sage? The obvious -- TGB -- only works for me inside Sage. If I use Girder to map just one MCE remote button to wake Sage (i.e. my photos to power IIRC) it seems to break the native Sage MCE remote functionality (I presume Girder is intercepting button presses??). Unless this is a bug or I'm missing something obvious, this is a major limitation with this welcome feature.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

In this article MS states tgb is not available for remapping. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ithwindows.asp

I am hoping there is a way for Sage to get around it. For the time being, if you set Sage to auto launch on start, then logging out and loggig in to windows will restart it.

B
Old 04-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

I submitted a bug report about the random functionality of the MCE remote.
When going out of sleep, many buttons did not work any more.
Problem has been identified and will be solved in next release.
Ferdinand
Old 04-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use the gyration remote-mouse.
It is an MCE remote with a gyroscop in it for movement.

It has a concept of swipes ( which is in air movements that are mapped to MCE actions) and also it has some buttons which are programable for the MCE actions.

Any way, it does not communicate with the computer via IR but with RF.

I find that these do not work with sage (either hard buttons or programable swipes):
Live TV
Recorded TV
Guide
DVD Menu
My Music
My Pictures
My Video
My TV

I would love it if these "swipes" could work, since then i can just use the mouse remote as it was intended.
http://www.gyration.com/en-US/Produc...0001&accshow=3
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 04-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I am hoping there is a way for Sage to get around it. For the time being, if you set Sage to auto launch on start, then logging out and loggig in to windows will restart it.
Sage must have because TGB works for me when Sage has focus and I'm not using Girder. If it is just an issue with TGB, then use another MCE buttion???
Old 04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSpace
I submitted a bug report about the random functionality of the MCE remote.
When going out of sleep, many buttons did not work any more.
Problem has been identified and will be solved in next release.
Ferdinand
So are saying that you use the MCE remote to wake Sage using the Sage's native functionality and THEN have issues that were identified and will be solved? If so, how did you get the remote to wake Sage?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Sage Icon

Sage has 3 commands that will put it to sleep (tray) and wake it again..."Power" which is a toggle, "Power Off" which puts it to sleep, and "Power On", which wakes it up. A third party app would have to be used to start SageClient.exe

P