SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Power cycling on the MVP no longer does a full reboot of it
When the MVP is powered off, the video output is not being swtiched off.
As a result, my tv (dell monitor) doesn't go into standby mode.

Other than that i am very happy with the changes especially the quick power cycling, the squashing of the "green screen" bug and the performance improvement of the Malore menus.

Thank You !
Old 04-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav
When the MVP is powered off, the video output is not being swtiched off.
As a result, my tv (dell monitor) doesn't go into standby mode.
Exactly what I'm seeing, I don't like this at all. I'd rather have it shut completely off and make it boot back up.

Can this at least be made into an option?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
There was a small bug in the 4.1.13 mvp.bin, you can try the version at http://download.sagetv.com/~jeanfrancois/mvp.bin for power off.

Thanks

_Demo_

Last edited by _Demo_; 04-17-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Program Guide off kilter?

When I am in the PG I am unable to change channels to look at a different channel. It keeps jumping to the first HD channel.

eg. If I am on channel 20 and want to see what is on 79, I normally type in the channel number 079 and it goes there. Now it seems to be jumping to 4-1 which is the first HD channel. I am also using a MCE remote which is having difficulties too. So I don't know if they are related.

B
Old 04-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Demo_
There was a small bug in the 4.1.13 mvp.bin, you can try the version at http://download.sagetv.com/~jeanfrancois/mvp.bin for power off.

Thanks

_Demo_
So this reverts to the 4.1.12 power off method? Or is it different than 12 and also different than the released 13?

Matt
Old 04-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
I have to add to this, that I have now been using DVB-T with SageTV in the UK for months. There have been occasional problems, but I always prefer my DVB-T tuners over my Cable PVR-350s, as the picture is loads better. So, it may be very beta, but it's working very well for me (4.1.12 anyway). Worth a try if you have DVB-T tuners.
Thanks for that rickygillon, its good to know its functional if not supported. Like others on this forum, I'm still waiting for a native dvb-t implementation that will create files that can be played through the mvp. I guess whilst we have Ander's BDA network encoder working excellently its not such a big deal - it would be nice to be able to use an in-house solution though.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91
So this reverts to the 4.1.12 power off method? Or is it different than 12 and also different than the released 13?

Matt
This is an update to 4.1.13 different from both.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
This is an update to 4.1.13 different from both.
Thanks _Demo_ - this works perfectly for me!
Old 04-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
NOTE: Apparently the image loading support is broken in SageTVClient in 4.1.13. Sorry about that. We'll fix it for 4.1.14 of course.
Jeff,

Is there anything we can do (I'm thinking like the .jar file deletion that fixed .wmv problems a few builds back) to fix the images...or could a 4.1.13b build be released with a fix, without having to wait for .14?

P
Old 04-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambda379
After updating to 4.1.13, the STV won't stick for my MVP. The unusal thing is, I never had a problem in this area with previous versions. Anybody else having a problem with the STV not sticking in 4.1.13?
Ah-hah! We finally just found this one. We thought we fixed it because we came up with another case that caused the same problem.

SageTV sets an 'upgrade' flag when it's running a new version for the first time. When 'upgrade' is set, it loads the default STV. Since restarting an MVP or Placeshifter client doesn't require restarting the SageTV process then 'upgrade' remains set until it is restarted. We changed it so it just never reverts to the default STV on upgrade when using the MVP or Placeshifter.

SageTVClient wasn't effected because it tracks its own upgrades independently of the server.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
Jeff,

Is there anything we can do (I'm thinking like the .jar file deletion that fixed .wmv problems a few builds back) to fix the images...or could a 4.1.13b build be released with a fix, without having to wait for .14?

P
Use a .13 server with a .12 client and that should work OK.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ah-hah! We finally just found this one. We thought we fixed it because we came up with another case that caused the same problem.

SageTV sets an 'upgrade' flag when it's running a new version for the first time. When 'upgrade' is set, it loads the default STV. Since restarting an MVP or Placeshifter client doesn't require restarting the SageTV process then 'upgrade' remains set until it is restarted. We changed it so it just never reverts to the default STV on upgrade when using the MVP or Placeshifter.

SageTVClient wasn't effected because it tracks its own upgrades independently of the server.
I'm glad to see that you figured it out. I didn't have a chance to try it yesterday. I figured it was maybe something like that since I would only ever get the problem on the first service start after doing an upgrade.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
10. ATSC Channel Scanning (DTV in the US) now will correctly find ALL of the channels and subchannels that are available (it may not have EPG data for them all though)
Still having my issue with the EPG. It centers around one digital PBS channel in Cincy that has in total 5 subs. The EPG looks 'right' but it tunes to the wrong channel which is one 'number' off. So desired recordings like Red Green, Nova and American Experience often end up being things like Albert, Barney and the Comfy Couch.

I have an A180 which identifies the channels correctly and an HD Tivo which has the correct guide data. I wonder if we're getting confused because there is no WPTODT, the first sub is DT2.

Tuning to -> Displays

WPTODT2 -> WPTODT3
WPTODT3 -> WPTODT4
WPTODT4 -> WPTODT5
WPTODT5 -> WPTODT6
WPTODT6 -> No Signal

peace . . .

Last edited by Hector; 04-17-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Use a .13 server with a .12 client and that should work OK.
Got it, thanks.

P
Old 04-17-2006, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Is anyone else seeing button mapping issues on the MCE remote? The green button and the info button don't seem to be working. I'll test more when I have time then file bug.

B
Okay, so the MCE buttons are now working.. During the course of troubleshooting I quit Sage and restarted which seemed to do the trick? All buttons are working after selecting the remote in the setup, exiting Sage and relaunching.

I use Sage sans keyboard and mouse, making it difficult to do such things.

Thanks for the help Sage Support.

FWIW - This build has opened up more HD channels for me! I really appreciate all the effort.

B
Old 04-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Thanks

_Demo_
that did it! thx!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow I have my sub channels, but it shows no data available. I know zap2it list the sub channels, can sage get this info for the guide?

Chad
Old 04-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I just found another problem with my HD stations. I now have a reception problem with the new version. I am getting "no signal" on stations that worked great before the update. I was getting 90-97% signal strength, but now I am getting "no signal" on 2 stations.

Also any idea about how to get guide data on the subchannels?

Chad
Old 04-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

sub channel problem

some one has sub channel problem send me a frq file in your sage directory please.

betatest at sagetv.com
Old 04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

What is a frq file? I do not see it in my sage dir. Chad