SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Sage User

MVP hangs and reboots for music or video play back...fixed music play back

*Grumble Grumber* Thanks for taking the time to think about my problem, but as it turns out, I AM able to get the MPV to play MP3's after using the checksum fix. As it turns out, my receiver was at fault. The Audio ports that I had it plugged into seem to be dead. When I rearranged my set up, I was able to get the sound to work. What confused me was the fact that my TV monitor does not display graphics when I selected visualization, so I thought it rebooted, but in fact it was playing, just on a black screen, and with no sound I thought it had gone dead on me.

The fact the I don't see visualization graphics still worries me, but maybe that is normal?

I might still be having issues with video play back, but I don’t have the strength to test it today, I am going to go to bed happy that I at least fixed this problem, and I am going to assume I also fixed the video play back problem, and sleep well.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I just installed my MPV bundle. I can view pictures on my TV using the MPV, but I can’t watch videos or play music. When I try it just sort of hangs there for a 20 seconds, then reboots.

I noticed others where having similar problems, but when I try the “checksum offload” fix, my MPV won’t even boot up…so that is not good.

I am using all the beta software, including the beta MVP.bat file.
I am using an NVIDIA nFORCE network controller. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Last edited by mephiston5; 01-13-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am assuming you rebooted your PC after making the change and unplugged the MVP to restart it.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Sage User

Yes, I tried rebooting both my PC and MPV. I still can’t play video or music files. But I have made a little progress.

I can now get the MPV to boot up after disabling the checksum option.

The MPV used to reboot shortly after I asked it to play an MP3.

Now when I tell it to play the MP3 it just does not do anything, though it claims to be playing. When I go under “Visualization” It has the album information and such, and it seems to progressing through the song, but it is not making any sound, then after about 3 seconds in that screen it reboots. (I have it plugged in correctly, I checked and rechecked)

Ironically, my computer has 2 onboard NICs…and this is the good one. The other is a Yukon series controller made by Marvell or something like that. When I plug my computer into the network on the Yukon NIC, the MPV can’t even boot to the Sage interface, it just hangs at the default loading screen forever…much like it did before I told my firewall not to interfere with sage.exe.

So long story short I am still out of luck. Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to Guyverix Send a message via Yahoo to Guyverix
MVP hangs and reboots for music or video play back

Just for grins, have you turned your firewall completely off while you are tring to play a video? Try your second NIC at that time as well. Also you are not using your server for DHCP as well are you?