SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

try V4.1 out today...
I'll try it this evening.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's seems to be working for me... I have all the channels I need for the moment. I'll have to check further but it looks good.
Thanks Sage.
Ferdinand
Old 12-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Sage User

yes, 4.1.3 imports now the epg data with the correct time. i changed the timezone to the correct value before i made the upgrade.
after it, i had to reestablish the tvtv "credentials" and then... yes... all data are correct.
one thing is now solved, others are pending.

-Noeggi
Old 12-17-2005, 07:33 AM
Sage User

not in my case. not all analog spanish channels are into the list of tvtv when sagetv download it....

i can't watch 3 channels....

Old 12-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Are those channels available @ TVTV?
All mines are ok (french, dutch, holland,...)
Old 12-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Sage User

but not spanish channels....
Old 12-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

seems the Sage is not recording my favorites any more. Does anyone have the same problem???
Thanks

Ferdinand
Old 12-22-2005, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

I have not yet switched over to tvtv, but it could be that the tvtv show names have slightly different capitalization / punctuation from the old xmltv show names... this would mean that the favorite title would not match the show title...

eg the following would not match each other...
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer.
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
Buffy the vampire slayer.
Buffy, The Vampire Slayer
Old 12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Administrator

BTW: favs should be case insensitive now, but punctuation still matters.

Are the favs actually airing? I know I have very few favs set to record simply because there isn't much new on lately.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Sage User

I have the same problem with favorites not being recorded. In my case, they are recognized as favorites, but just not scheduled to record.

I can't figure out why...
Old 12-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Aloha,
some of my favs don't record either.
But I know why and have submitted a support request.
The first problem is that SageTV does not read the episode titles. See the first screenshot.

The worse problem is that on certain channels ("Pro 7" and "Kabel 1" for me) every episode of a show has the same description. It's the description of the show that first aired after I switched from XMLTV to TVTV. So sageTV has no episode title to differentiate the episodes and since all of the descriptions are the same, it "thinks" all of them are the same.
See the second screenshot.

As mentioned this only happens on certain channels. Others work fine.
Maybe you could check, if you have the same problem.

Marneb
Attached Images
File Type: gif screen1.gif (27.4 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg screen2.jpg (48.5 KB, 252 views)
Old 12-24-2005, 04:03 AM
SageTVaholic

From your screenshots, I guess that Sage or TVTV is generating incorrect Show IDs (the EP490100000).

A show ID beginning wth EP is for an individual episode and Sage will remember whether you have already recorded or watched that episode and never record it again.

It may be that the entire series is using the same EPxxx show ID, which means that Sage will record one episode and no others. (If the series has no episode info, it should use the generic SHxxxxx showID). Check the detailed info for each show to confirm this.

A workaround would be to use viewing history to clear the watched status on shows like this (via webserve / malore menus / favorite manager).

IF you want to keep each episode, clear watched and edit the show info in the webserver (it will generate a new Show ID).

and of course report this to sage...

(/me is holding off upgrading to TVTV until I am back from holidays!)
Old 12-26-2005, 04:04 AM
Sage User

It's exactly like you say, Nielm. The ones that aren't recording all have the same EPxxxx ID.

As far as I can tell, the problem is only on one channel for me, so I'll just set manual recordings for the coming two weeks or something.

It would be nice if it was fixed though...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Aloha,
i hope you had a nice x-mas.

The TVTV service apperently has a problem with some channels.
As nielm wrote all those episodes have have an showID that starts with EP, which is OK, since they should all have individual descriptions. But the all have the format of: EPxxxxx000000 while the other showIDs are counting upwards in one of the last digits every episode.

I saw this on the following channels, but not with all shows. Maybe somebody else with the TVTV listing can confirm this:
Sat1 (J.A.G.)
Pro7 (Simpsons)
Kabel1 (Friends, King of Queens, Star Trek Voyager, J.A.G., Emergency Room)
RTL2 (Full House)
(I don't watch all of these shows, but I saw that they all suffer from the same problem... but there are more.)

on the other hand "VOX" is a channel with many shows, but I haven't seen this problem there.
But as I wrote, not all shows on the mentioned channels have this problem. I am not sure wether it is really a channel problem or rather a problem with certain shows, that happen to air on those channels. Maybe the problem is, with back to back episodes, since all the shows that have this problem are aired back to back at least sometimes??

Marneb

Last edited by marneb17; 12-26-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:50 AM
Sage Expert

Angry intelligent recording

hi,

i have now switch to tvtv, and all my shows in the upcoming list are lost. is the intelligent recording not working?

when i search the shows over category..i see that many categorys are empty
just wonder...

when i mark in tvtv-webinterface a show as record, the show is marked as sending, but after a epg-update in sage the show is not in the upcomming recording list. bad bad bad

cu
dibu
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de

Last edited by DIBU; 12-29-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
when i mark in tvtv-webinterface a show as record, the show is marked as sending, but after a epg-update in sage the show is not in the upcomming recording list. bad bad bad

cu
dibu
I don't think they adverticed that the web-interface would work with sageTV, but I could be wrong on this.
Since the channel-sorting on the TVTV site doesn't have any effect on Sage, I would have been quite suprised if this had.

While this feature might be cool, I pretty much have this working with the supperb web-server plugin.

Concerning the IR. Many categories are called different now. Most are better actually. But since the IR-routine tries to record those genres that you have watched it will not find any, if the catagories have changed names. Maybe from "Action" to "Action-Serie" or something. Wait for a week and watch the shows you like, and IR will start to record what you like.

Marneb

Last edited by marneb17; 12-29-2005 at 04:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:52 AM
Sage User

the worse thing is that tvtv seems to don't care about our mails praying a solution. They always says: "sagetv is the newest addition on our list of devices and we're working around the best integration" but i think they're not working on it. I can't download most important data of my local channels, webinterface doesn't work. nothing. We could send a mail together as tvtv customers demanding a solution. !!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

marneb17, Sten3danny: did you guys report this to SageTV (via the bug reporting email, not via the forums)

Regarding IR: One of the things that IR uses is the channel ID. The channels from TVTV will appear as 'new' channels to IR and will not inherity the 'scoring' from the XMLTV channels.

Last edited by nielm; 01-06-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
marneb17, Sten3danny: did you guys report this to SageTV (via the bug reporting email, not via the forums)
Yes. But anybody with the same problem should do this also.

Marneb
Old 01-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Yep, me too. They said they would look into it.