SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

TVTV service not working

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the European EPG service TVTV but it does not work.
Is there somebody who succeeds to set up the TVTV service?
If yes, can you please tell us how to do?

I get the INVALID TVTV , error 12 message.
I have paid for an account.

As the V4 has been released with that service, I assume it should work in one or another way...

Thanks

Ferdinand
Old 11-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Sage User

Unhappy

Hi there,

I have the same problem ! It's not a username/password problem. I hope there will be a fix available quickly !! Otherwise SageTV is almost useless without EPG.

rgds
Roland
Old 11-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Where do you live?
You can currently use XMLTV but it's not 'regular'
TVTV is the perfect solution but SageTV is not in their supported list of Software...
Regard

Ferdinand
Old 11-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Administrator

Please continue to report any tvtv issues to SageTV. It is _supposed_ to be working, so be sure to give feedback to tech support so any problems can be resolved.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:08 AM
Sage User

I live in Switzerland. I've been using xmltv before, but I'd rather see a fix for this problem !

rgds
Roland
Old 11-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Did anyone create an official bug report for this?

It seems the TVTV EPG is not really working for anyone in Europe - everyone gets this "error 12" message, right? (I wonder if Sage actually tested this feature before releasing it ;-)

I really would like to see a fix for this, too - it would be so much better than my current xmltv workaround solution....
Old 11-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Sage User

I didn't complain about this error because i can't even create a account for the Sage product. So i emailed Sage support wich product to select for use of the service i also asked of the problems with timezone and lack of data for a lot of the stations was fixed. The answer i got was to contact TVTV why there was no sage product to select and he never heard of the timezone problem The answer i got from tvtv dutch site was well this is a beta product so you can't subscribe for this service at this moment. There was also reference about timezone problems in europe. So i emailed sage again and the answer was that he would contact tvtv.
This email was received 11/11.

Peter
Old 11-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Sage User

Yes I opened a Trouble Ticket at SageTV, they say it's tvtv's fault, and tvtv says it's SageTV's fault ...

I guess it's just too early .... I stick with my xmltv setup until they have sorted out everything. But sure as more people complaint as sooner we should see it working !

Cheers
gafrol
Old 11-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Sage User

hi everybody

the problem is located at TVTV, not at SageTV.
i have two tvtv accounts. one with a valid tvtv service subscription, the other generated with a "special link" created with the SageTV gui during channel configuration.

the one with the valid service account generates the known "error 12".
that means (in my opinion) no corresponding product.

the one with the corresponding product (yes, i can select sage TV as product as you can see in the attached .jpg) generates one "error 40" which probably means "no tvtv subscription"

i asked tvtv-support for activating the SageTV as selectable product on my tvtv subscription. but the support is not so good as it can be...
they dont understand the situation (or they dont have all informations about this...)

i will fight for this against tvtv and hope i will win before my tvtv subscription ends.

-noeggi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tvtv-sage.JPG (148.2 KB, 522 views)
Old 11-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Sage User

hi again

i forgot to post the link for generating a SageTV aware tvtv-accounts:

http://contact.tvtv.de/tvtvforpc/reg...39&language=de (for german speaking peoples, but the language is selectable)
see attached .jpg

with this, the SageTV as product is selectable. and if someone buys a subscription from tvtv i'm very confident, that it will work.

-noeggi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage-tvtv.JPG (66.0 KB, 495 views)
Old 11-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

It works! (well, kind of)

Thanks for the link, Roedel, I used it to register at tvtv. Now I have a tvtv account for SageTV, but it is not possible to subscribe for a service at tvtv, because the subscription for a service is different from the registration and there is still no Sage listed in the choice box for a service subscription.

Anyway, I setup Sage to use tvtv, entered my username and password and it said: error 40 (no subscription) as expected. I selected "register for trial" and the status switched to OK (telling me that it is valid until dec 13, i.e. for one month).

I continued the channel setup and found out that all programs in the EPG are one hour early. Seems the TVTV data contains GMT times and Sage imports it as local time

So, still no way for a full subscription besides a trial and there's definitely a timezone problem (which of course makes the EPG useless).

Any ideas about how the timezone problem could be fixed?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm also in contoact with TVTV for that problem.
They first answered that sageTV is not supported. I forwarded the answer to SageTV supports.
I asked when TVTV servers will be configured to support SageTV with the link to the new account created with the link above...
Let's wait the answer...
Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

I re-tried setting up a trial (error 40 appears to mean trial expired, and you can only have one trial per machine, but multiple trials per user account)...

The problems I had are:
  • Guide is 1 hour offset from reality (times appear to be GMT, but I am in CET)
  • missing data for important channels (BBC1/2; Ned 1/2/3; RTBF1/2; RTL TVI; ClubRTL; VRT1; VT4; KA2; Ketnet/Canvas; VTM) This is the case whichever server I use
  • 60 channel limit is too low for practical use
  • missing +1 channels (for UK/Sky)

I reported all these during the beta...

Timezone problem can only be fixed by TVTV or sage -- there is no easy way of resetting all the times via Studio, and they will probably get reset on the next EPG update anyway...
Old 11-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
[*]60 channel limit is too low for practical use
Just wondering: Why 60? Is this a sage limitation or a general tvtv limitation for all tvtv services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Timezone problem can only be fixed by TVTV or sage -- there is no easy way of resetting all the times via Studio, and they will probably get reset on the next EPG update anyway...
I guess you could reconfigure your machine's timezone to be GMT as a workaround - would be very annoying having all epg times displayed in GMT, though.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

TVTV limit... XMLTV and ZAP2IT lineups can have any size...
Old 11-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I guess you could reconfigure your machine's timezone to be GMT as a workaround - would be very annoying having all epg times displayed in GMT, though.
change of the timezone will generate other problems.

is the 60 channel limit no only a limitation of the trial?

-noeggi
Old 11-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Administrator

The 60 channel limit is a tvtv limit & is not just a limitation of their trial.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi everybody,

I have an answer from TVTV:
"SageTV est en phase de test concernant TVTV. De ce fait ce produit n'est pas encore supporté en ce moment. Quand a la date officielle de suppport je n'ai a ce jour pas d'informations précises."

In short: SageTV is yet in test phase at TVTV. No official support date known yet.

Let's wait and see...

Ferdinand
Old 11-16-2005, 04:09 AM
SageTVaholic

It sucks a bit they are inforcing trial limits in the testing phase...
Old 11-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Sage User

I just got a similar reply from tvtv in the uk:

Dear Sir,

SageTV is currently tested with TVTV but is not officially supported yet therefor we can not provide any assistance I'm afraid.

Best Regards,

Your TVTV Support