SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott_m
OK, I finally got 3.0.11 to run stably in FSE with a 6600GT. The trick was setting VMR9, Nvidia video codec and Nvidia audio codec. The audio portion was really screwing me up and making the error show up when I tried to play a video or live tv.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Only I had to use the Intervideo audio decoder. With the Nvidia one the video played, but I had no sound (any idea why?).
Old 09-27-2005, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

nVidia audio decoder only works in analog with Windows Media Player and MCE. (This is a in a small note on their website.) If you use SPDIF it will work for you. Using another audio decoder (as you did) is the workaround.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Sage Expert

I have been using 3.0.11. It seems to crash after about an hours TV viewing, which is making the GFAF go right down!

I am using VMR9 with FSR and the latest nVidia decoder.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
nVidia audio decoder only works in analog with Windows Media Player and MCE. (This is a in a small note on their website.) If you use SPDIF it will work for you. Using another audio decoder (as you did) is the workaround.
Thanks for the explanation. It's amazing what issues the audio decoder caused. With it changed I can use all sorts of video setup settings that didn't work.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky

Gerry
Was this an issue with older versions of the decoder? I don't seem to remember it being one as my older nvidia audio decoder worked just fine in Sage, but I have noticed I get no audio with the latest 'PureVideo' version. At least the statement on the website states that Nvidia understands it is a problem and is working it. I'm almost tempted to ask for a download of 1.00.62 (worked much better for me).
Old 09-27-2005, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

This wasn't an issue in the NVDVD days but when they came out with nVidia 4 (the first version before PureVideo) this became the way it worked.

One of my ways around this was to actually purchase TheaterTek with their Audio pack. This way the audio decoder works in analog in any app including Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 AM

I think you can also purchase more advanced packs directly from nVidia that do audio decoding. Not sure if it will work in Sage though.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

it goes deeper than decoding of DD and DTS....

Quote:
THIRD-PARTY APPLICATION SUPPORT

What applications does this product work with?
The NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder contains a video decoder and an audio decoder that are compatible with many third party applications. The video decoder is compatible with any third party application that uses Microsoft DirectShow interfaces for accessing decoders. The audio decoder is only compatible with Windows Media Player 9 or higher and Windows Media Center for DVD playback. It will not work with any other application at this time due to requirements from third-party technologies which NVIDIA is actively working to fix. However, you can still configure the NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder to use S/PDIF mode with any third-party application and output audio to an external decoder. Please follow the steps in the “How do I turn on S/PDIF mode?” FAQ.
So not only do you not get decoding of advanced features, but I think it won't even downmix anymore. You just get silence
Old 09-27-2005, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
it goes deeper than decoding of DD and DTS....

So not only do you not get decoding of advanced features, but I think it won't even downmix anymore. You just get silence
FWIW, you never (starting with 4.0) got a downmix.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just to mention my experience with 3.0.11 with regards to HD and NVIDIA (from a complete novice perspective):

1) My Fusion 5 Gold worked pretty much OOB with 3.0.11 vs. an exercise in exasperation with 3.07. I'm currently able to stream live and recorded HDTV over 100 Mbs wired connection from server to client, which is pretty sweet. The channel lineup, however, is still pretty screwed up (missing sub-channels, incorrect identification) and I've not had success with the remapping function.

2) Based on everything I read here, I got the NVIDIA purevideo decoders and noticed a massive improvement in the video rendering. (Before, when I was using the default decoders, I would switch back to the exact same stream being decoded in hardware by MyHD and wonder why it was so much worse in Sage. With NVIDIA, it's pretty much equivalent, though obviously CPU usage is much higher). This is with overlay, btw.

3) Audio. I'm using NVIDIA audio as well via SPDIF to receiver. It works initially, but I consistently lose audio if I attempt to pause/restart, FF, RW etc and don't get it back until I switch channels to live TV. I've not yet done extensive troubleshooting or tried other audio decoders. Presumably, I'm not gaining anything going with one over the other since it's all just SPDIF out for me.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here for this project! My HD HTPC is really coming together and I'm really happy about getting rid of the MyHD in favor of a real frontend (not to mention client-server, cool).

cheers,
Dave
Old 09-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think Sage has issues tuning to an HD channel if the signal strength is not sufficient.

for example:
I tune to channel 4. Because of low signal strength, Sage incorrectly tunes to 7, however EPG data shows data for channel 4. Now changing to any HD channel takes you to the wrong channel and all EPG/tuning is mismatched until a restart of Sage.

anyone else seen this?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ever since I started using the betas, I sometimes (about 50% of the time) get a 10-second black-screen delay after I stop playing a recording on my Sage Client. Meaning, I hit the stop button, and instead of going back to the menu, the screen goes black and eventually goes back to the menu. It seems to happen to both SD and HD content. Almost like Sage is waiting for the filter graph to stop, and there's a delay for some reason. I'm using the NVidia purevideo video decoder with Overlay and AC3Filter, but I tried changing to the built-in Sage decoders and I get the same behavior. Sometimes it goes right back to the menu, and sometimes gives me the delay. Is it just me?
Old 09-28-2005, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know if this has been reported, but I recently did a clean reinstall with 3.0.11 on a newly reformatted computer. I have a Fusion 5 Plus, and am using it for just digital tv tuning. I would like to remap the digital channels so that they use the normal SD channel numbers, but it seems the remapping is not working as i though. When i remap KTLADT (channel) RF-31 to channel 5, and tune to channel 5, it tells the tuner to tune to RF-5, vice RF-31, so i don't get any picture (no digital broadcast on RF5.) Is there a way to get this to work? or am i just going to have to relearn what channel nuber is what...
Old 09-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Sage Expert

My copy of the office lost it's time information about 3 minutes in, meaning I couldn't FF or REW. It played real time fine. Anyone ever have a similar issue?

It sort of reminds me of the FF/REW issue that MyHD has with some Fusion files, but for the fact that the first part was okay.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
My copy of the office lost it's time information about 3 minutes in, meaning I couldn't FF or REW. It played real time fine. Anyone ever have a similar issue?
Yeah, that happened to me too with a show in the past few days too. Not sure if it's the STV or the Core causing that.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone notice that if you hover over a tray icon resulting in a pop up balloon, the video gets jerky? Live TV does it for me...havn't tried recorded or DVD yet. Using NVIDIA decoders.

P
Old 09-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner
Yeah, that happened to me too with a show in the past few days too. Not sure if it's the STV or the Core causing that.
Was that with an A180 card? If so, it's not Fusion driver related.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Yes, I have A180 cards.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Sage Icon

Developers, is there any feedback on my request for Sage to be able to read FLAC tags? If the answer is simply no, that would help me look at other options, but if it's yes, then I can just wait...

Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Administrator

I suggest that you submit a request directly to SageTV, since the forum isn't monitored for requests... and I don't happen to know the answer to that one.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.