SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Post SageTV v3.0.11 Beta

The SageTV Beta v3.0.11 is now available.

As always, thanks for all the testing, feedback, and bug reports for the previous version!

Here are v3.0.11 release notes:

Core Changes
  1. Added support for WMA Tag Parsing when importing files
  2. Fixed bug with rebuilding the D3D device after it's been lost
  3. Added properties wheel_down_event_code & wheel_up_event_code which specify the Sage Commands to fire when the mouse wheel up/down is received. This defaults to channel up/channel down respectively.
  4. Added property use_native_mp3_duration_parsing. If set to true it uses the native media player's duration calculator. Otherwise it does it in Java. The default is false.
  5. Fixed major DB bug where metadata updates to media files would not cause the DB index to be resorted
  6. Fixed bug where MPEG2 decoders were being used for MEPG1 playback. Issue was in initial file type detection.
  7. Added property minimum_tv_file_size which determines the minimum size a recorded TV file must be in order to be valid.
  8. Added printout of JVM & OS version to the debug log at startup
  9. Updated client/server connection negotation so the server will accept older clients. So now they just need to be compatible, not the exact same build.
  10. Optimization: When a playlist fails to import it won't try again until SageTV is restarted.
  11. Added property startup_sound which can be set to a WAVE file to play at startup.
  12. Bug fix: Don't perform redundant sleep calls.
  13. Manually added channels will now have their EPG data downloaded, up to a max of 100 channels.
  14. Fixed MAJOR bug in profiler which was causing Don't Like's to more or less not be obeyed at all.
  15. Fixed major DB bug where metadata updates to media files would not cause the DB index to be resorted
  16. Add ATI encoder settup customised code to change bitrate format etc..
  17. TS files recorded with SageTV are now playable in other media players
  18. Fixed memory leak of video renderer filter & its input pin when loading player.
  19. VMR deinterlace mode is now set if the VMR is reporting that it is not set.
  20. Added optimization to avoid redundantly setting the video rectangle
  21. Fixed potential native crash when getting file duration
  22. Enabled YUV mixing by default with VMR9. It's controlled by a registry setting.
  23. Fixed memory leak that occured when the VMR9 surface was first rendered.
  24. Disabled text clipping for 3D text rendering since the size calcs didn't match the results in Java
  25. Enabled use of TrueType fonts for 3D text rendering
  26. Added DWORD registry setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\SageTV\DirecTVSerialKeys. If it is set to a non-zero value then each individual key will be sent instead of the whole channel number.
  27. Added DWORD registry setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\SageTV\DirecTVIgnoreResponse. If it is a non-zero value then the response that comes back over the COM port from the receiver is ignored.
  28. Changed mmc/ignore_encoders property to use a vertical bar as the delimeter instead of the comma character.
  29. Various fixes for full screen exclusive mode
  30. When calculating the intial PTS & the final PTS for duration, additional checks were added for the marker bits in MPEG2 to ensure we were actually reading a valid PTS timestamp
  31. Added property ui/splash_image which allows changing the splash screen image. This also supported animated GIFs correctly.
  32. When performing a tune, channels are only converted to their UHF-Major-Minor format if the input being used is a digital TV input.
  33. Play seam advance in the media player can now be set by the property videoframe/play_seam_advance. This might be useful in helping alleviate the PVR350 EOF crash bug.
  34. Fixed media player error that would occur during the Setup Wizard. This was due to a close getting issued before the watch was in the queue. Now close waits until the current watch request is processed before continuing to prevent this race condition.
  35. NoData Show object refreshing is now done using the redundant add check instead of an id lookup.
  36. Changing the name of the SageTV server host no longer causes the MediaFiles to be permanently retained in the library after they're removed.

STV Changes

v3.0.11.5 - September 19, 2005
  1. Add New Channel: added dialog for entering the station ID for the new channel so that EPG data can be downloaded if the ID is valid. If the user enters no ID, then a made-up ID is used & no EPG data will be available for that channel.
  2. Added option to enable the expanded Record options dialog in Detailed Setup -> Customize. Uses new "ui/record_options_expanded" property; enabled by default.
  3. Added new dialog to handle Record command options
  4. Browse By Category: Added "HDTV" as a category; lists all shows tagged as HDTV.
  5. For grouped shows, the top info area lists the first 5 shows & their status markers. Title-based groups show "episode"; non-title-based groups show "title - episode"
  6. Search Results: Added HDTV Airings filter
  7. Recording subgroup - after deleting last show, return to SageTV Recordings.
  8. SageTV Recordings: groups are marked as watched (italicized) only if all recordings in the grop have been watched.
  9. Added episode name to appropriate recording deletion confirmation dialogs.
  10. Added ability to delete only the Watched or Don't Like episodes in the Delete All dialog for grouped recordings.
  11. When deleting all recordings of a group, fixed code so that the currently shown show is not deleted if the delete process is cancelled.
  12. Watched & Don't Like can be used for groups of shows: a dialog will ask to set or clear the marker for all shows & will then ask for confirmation.
  13. Delete can be used for groups of shows: a dialog will ask whether the user wants to delete all recordings in the group, then confirm that the recordings should be deleted, then delete the recordings. A dialog shows the deletion progress, pausing 2 seconds between each deletion. There is an option to cancel the process, but all shows up to the point of cancellation will be gone. This works for the SageTV Recordings style screens and for the "Current Recordings" group on the search results screen.
  14. Added LiveTV Guide option to sort EPG channels by Name or Number, instead of always by number.
  15. Added ability to use the Don't Like command during playback.
  16. Picture Library: Added option to enlarge pictures to fill the screen.
  17. Picture Library: Fixed 3D Fade animation property transition timing so that the previous picture would not remain partially visible & a single image would not use the animation property to update the display at all.
  18. SageTV Recordings: added new Sort options for ShowID and Orig Air Date, along with their reversed forms.
  19. Changed menu header/playback OSD date & time display to use new method to put date & time in a single string.
  20. Integrated changes to LiveTV Guide that should fix incorrect time display in top left column of grid.
  21. Fixed issue with the "Play" NTE button where it cleared instead of accepted the current letter. (It didn't function the same as using the Play command.)
  22. Added NTE keypad to Setup Wizard screen where the name of a new IR tuning device is entered. (Similar to zip/postal code entry screen.)
  23. Enabled ALL markers on SageTV Recordings list entries, but made icon display an option in Detailed Setup -> Customize. The Round recording indicator is still always shown.
  24. Back button fixed on Video Library menu.
  25. Updated Remote configuration for the Hauppauge remotes to change the keystrokes used in conjunction with irremote.ini. Previously, the Hauppauge IR app did not send some of the previous keystrokes correctly if the NumLock key was on.
  26. OSD: The combo commands Right/Volume Up & Left/Volume Down always change the volume now instead of toggling the detailed info display for the OSD when the full OSD is on.
  27. During input selection while configuring a capture source, the channel changing arrows & commands are available as soon as a video preview starts, not only after it completes loading.
  28. Channel Setup: Added option to "Add Channel to Lineup".
  29. Back button fixed on Picture Library menu.
  30. Detailed Setup -> Customize now has an option to ask to delete a recording when playback ends for a) manual deletable shows only, b) all shows, or c) never
  31. Search results: place default focus on first airing in the list, if there is one, instead of a sublist entry.
  32. NTE: Text is not actually entered into the entry field until the current NTE input phase is over (timeout, press another number, press Play, etc). This will delay search results refresh until after a new char is selected rather than after each number key press.

Misc Changes
  1. Installer includes new version (rev. E) of the SageTV 3 manual

Additional notes:
  • See Chapter 8 of the new v3 PDF manual (at the beta download link) for specifics on some documented new features.
  • The current wiz.bin and properties files are backed up as part of the upgrade install process... but being beta, it is always a good idea to make backup copies yourself.
  • If you wish to try v3, yet continue to use v2, then you should make a complete backup copy of your v2 installation directories, then install v3 to try it. If you wish to return to using v2, uninstall v3, re-install v2, then copy your v2 backup over that fresh v2 installation.

You can download the betas and the updated manual at http://www.sagetv.com/beta.html

Please submit any bug reports to http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html

Thanks for your help!

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

any changes to the list of supported HD cards??? (where is that list again??)

oh.. and Yeah!!! it's here!!
Old 09-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
any changes to the list of supported HD cards???
I knew that would be the very first question, so I got all prepared with the answer: I don't know yet.

Quote:
(where is that list again??)
The last lists I know of are in the v.3.0.7 beta discussion and the SageTV System Requirements.

I'll post more info about it when it becomes available to me.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Now that's a fix list! Thank you!

I do have one question: Are the changes for the FSE VMR9 stuttering included (as was hinted at by Narflex's post)? I read the list, but couldn't tell which of the items addressed that specifically.
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 09-22-2005, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it's this item:

29. Various fixes for full screen exclusive mode

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Doh! Thanks for pointing that out Gerry. That's the problem with these long lists: I get lost reading them!
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 09-22-2005, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous
Are the changes for the FSE VMR9 stuttering included
Quote:
22. Enabled YUV mixing by default with VMR9. It's controlled by a registry setting.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

#5 and #15 in the core changes are the same.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

because it was really important
Old 09-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

ARRGH, just updated to 3.0.11 and Sage couldn't even compile a recording list at the default 3 days. I had to drop it down to 2 days to get a compilation.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

When is support for the MediaMVP coming??? Is Sage still planning to support the MediaMVP??
Old 09-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

is it me or has sage just made Matts MVP plugin a licensing issue? sigh

I presently use the server UI on my MVP. Sage now prompts that i cannot do this. I really hope this is a "Bug"...

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Installed and so far, so good
Old 09-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

The Directx 9.0c quartz.dll FF/RW stutter bug is finally squashed. It's a miracle!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!

Old 09-22-2005, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Well the installer bug is still present. I had no problems upgrading to 3.0.7 but when I went to 3.0.11 it installed to the wrong directory and now my entire install is hosed. Oh well, it'll give me something to do tonight I guess.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still can't get my Avermedia A180 to work with Sage (and the A180 works fine with WatchHDTV and the Avermedia app). And still missing a channel in the lineup for the A180. But not a surprise since I didn't see it mentioned in the bug list.

Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE

Last edited by wazkaren; 09-22-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Anyone know how to get FSE working? I get an error message stating that I need the latest version of DX which I already have. I've tried reinstalling DX several times but it doesn't seem like it will reinstall since I already have v9.0c.

I was using the 9.0b dll to get around the FF/RW bug. I changed it back to the 9.0c dll but I still get the error message. I'm using a 6600GT if that matters.

Last edited by blade; 09-22-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Anyone know how to get FSE working? I get an error message stating that I need the latest version of DX which I already have. I've tried reinstalling DX several times but it doesn't seem like it will reinstall since I already have v9.0c.

I was using the 9.0b dll to get around the FF/RW bug. I changed it back to the 9.0c dll but I still get the error message. I'm using a 6600GT if that matters.
I'm having the same problem - working to see if I can figure it out.

EDIT - I've got an ATI X700...

Last edited by ajuhawk; 09-22-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
just updated to 3.0.11 and Sage couldn't even compile a recording list at the default 3 days. I had to drop it down to 2 days to get a compilation.
I know we've discussed this before, but how long did you wait for the scheduling to finish? If you can reproduce hte problem with your wiz.bin & sage.properties files, save them for your report for SageTV. Having those file to reproduce it would help figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz5
When is support for the MediaMVP coming??? Is Sage still planning to support the MediaMVP??
Sorry, I'm not ignoring this topic, but I don't have any sort of announcement regarding this... or it would already have been posted.

- Andy
Old 09-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Sage Icon

3.07 is working really well for me as I haven't got into this whole HDTV thing yet. Just using SDTV with the MVP and PVR-350 now, and so I hesitate to upgrade also. Plus for some miraculous reason, the PVR-350 is really stable for me since using SageTV 3.05. It only locked up twice within the last 2 month, which is excellent.

So I might delay upgrading until more feedback from other users. I'm surprise there aren't more feedback posts in this thread considering the amount of "fixes" in this release. Maybe everyone is busy toying with it now. :P

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.