SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Sage User

Import library folders question

I am currently using Showshifter and looking to move to SageTV, it seems like a great product.

I currently have e:\video as my main drive and directory for recordings and movies, dvd's, divx's etc.

I have e:\video\recordings, e:\video\movies etc etc. In showshifter I just point it to e:\video and it reads the folders etc and displays them a little like a file browser.

In Sage it appears that I have to load each folder as when I use e:\video in the import library path setting it doesn't see any of the folders.

Am I right or am I missing something?

Cheers
Matt.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Sage Icon

after importing the e:\videos folder are you refreshing media libraries and are you looking in the imported video library or TV recordings?

If looking in the Import Library you should see two folders (recordings and movies)

If you do not have files that Sage natively recognizes then I do not think the folders will show up. What format are your files in?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Sage User

I forgot to mention that the audio folder I add, d:\audio seems to work fine, all my mp3's are there.

Yes I do the refresh but it returns instantly with no apparent disk use and the folders under e:\video do not appear anywhere, I have looked at both tv and imported.

The files are in mpg and avi formats. I have a pvr250 that I have been using with Showshifter to record directly to mpg and I have a few divx and xvid avi's that I have downloaded.

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I currently have e:\video as my main drive and directory for recordings and movies, dvd's, divx's etc.
if you have configured this path as Sage's Video recording directory only, then this will not work.

Normally, one has separate directories for recordings in Sage, and for 'imported videos' from an external source. (The latter is called 'Library import directories'). Only library import directories' subfolders are searched for video/media files.

(you can configure one directory for both Sage Recordings and Library imports, but I have never tried it)
Old 08-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage User

Okay, I can split out my recordings folder then but in the import library does it show folders?

IE if I use e:\video as my import library folder will it pick up all the sub folders?

Cheers
Matt.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman
Okay, I can split out my recordings folder then but in the import library does it show folders?

IE if I use e:\video as my import library folder will it pick up all the sub folders?

Cheers
Matt.
Yes.