SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 02-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV Expert NOT (forum titles)

I noticed on my last post below my name at the top it says: SageTV Expert.

I surely am not and would like to change that, but I can't find where. There is nothing under Edit Profile that I can see.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Administrator

That is simply the user title that gets assigned based on how many posts you've made. You can't change it. If it really bothers you, I could delete some of your older posts so that your post count falls back below 30.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
That is simply the user title that gets assigned based on how many posts you've made. You can't change it. If it really bothers you, I could delete some of your older posts so that your post count falls back below 30.

- Andy
Thanks Andy,

That seems like an odd way to determine expertise.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Administrator

It doesn't really determine expertise... it simply indicates post count. One of these days, maybe we can look into changing the titles to something more entertaining, or something that uses SageTV terminology.

Let's see... you could start out as a First Run, then become a Manual Recording, perhaps a Favorite (could be a tough call on that one, depending on the person), or a Padded Recording. At some point you would become a Customized STV, or even Imported Media, Ripped DVD, Live TV, New Series, Rerun, Documentary, News Special, etc.

I'm not certain when someone would become an Intelligent Recording, though.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm not certain when someone would become an Intelligent Recording, though.
Probably after 4,400 posts...
Old 02-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekell
Probably after 4,400 posts...

- Andy
Old 02-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Sage Icon

You do know you can have custom titles per user with VB. It's under the user editor for each user (think it was use custom title, and a spot to put it in). That could be a way to at least change the people who want something else or nothing at all.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question I've gotta ask II

I've been on this forum for quite a while now and never could find out how/why are some members designated by various titles: Sage Aficianado,Sage Expert, etc. Are there qualifications for each title??

Just wondering...

Randy
Old 01-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Sage

Yeah....there's only one Sage.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Sage Expert

And many cats...
Old 01-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelrandolph
I've been on this forum for quite a while now and never could find out how/why are some members designated by various titles: Sage Aficianado,Sage Expert, etc. Are there qualifications for each title??
I believe that, other than the special ones like moderator or SageTV Co-Founder, that the designations are based on the number of posts you have made...
Old 01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Yup, the normal titles are simply based on the number of posts a user has & they consist of Sage Member (0), Sage Expert (30), Sage Aficionado (100), and Sage Icon (500). There was some talk a long time ago joking about using more interesting user titles, but nothing ever came of it.

- Andy
Old 01-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Andy--that is interesting. Always wondered what it meant.

rt

Whoa!! I just noticed I have a title!! I should be an expert after all the tweaking and modding I do to my Sage units. It's a lot of fun (WHEN EVERYTHING WORKS!!)

Last edited by wheelrandolph; 01-19-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yup, the normal titles are simply based on the number of posts a user has & they consist of Sage Member (0), Sage Expert (30), Sage Aficionado (100), and Sage Icon (500).
Wow, only 30 posts and you're an "expert". Also in my view an expert should be above an aficionado. According to dictionary.com an aficionado is "An enthusiastic admirer or follower; a fan".
Old 01-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Sort of a repost...

I merged the recent question about forum titles with this older thread. Maybe the resurrection of this topic will bring about a whole new series of more interesting titles.

So, do people find the current list of forum titles a little boring?

- Andy
Old 02-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Administrator

I wasn't able to come up with an off-the-wall list of user titles that made enough sense (using SageTV terms, a new user could be a "First Run"... but just when does someone become "Watched"!?), so we're at least expanding on the existing list of titles & rearranging a bit. Unless there are further changes & once the forum gets updated, the new list of titles w/post counts will be:

0: New Member
10: Sage User
75: Sage Advanced User
250: Sage Aficionado
500: Sage Expert
750: Sage Fanatic
1000: Sage Icon
2500: SageTVaholic

- Andy
Old 02-17-2006, 03:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Administrator => Sage Hero
Old 02-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible for you to give someone forum title that sticks no matter how many posts? Like cream puff or something like that?

Carl

-It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase...
-Deep Purple
Old 02-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I wasn't able to come up with an off-the-wall list of user titles that made enough sense (using SageTV terms, a new user could be a "First Run"... but just when does someone become "Watched"!?), so we're at least expanding on the existing list of titles & rearranging a bit. Unless there are further changes & once the forum gets updated, the new list of titles w/post counts will be:

0: New Member
10: Sage User
75: Sage Advanced User
250: Sage Aficionado
500: Sage Expert
750: Sage Fanatic
1000: Sage Icon
2500: SageTVaholic

- Andy
i'm feeling like 2500
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 02-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Sage Hero
That's not a bad title... I didn't think of that one for one of the top ranks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG
Is it possible for you to give someone forum title that sticks no matter how many posts?
While it is technically possible for the forum software, it was decided to leave it off.

- Andy