SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
8. Fixed issue with CBR MP3s stopping too early.
I am still getting my mp3's stopping to early. Anybody else seen this?
Old 02-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Yes, I have submitted a bug report for it. The last I heard they were unable to reproduce this with an MP3 that I sent them for testing and wanted a copy of my log file. I sent my log file but I haven't heard back yet.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I have found a workaround for this issue. My Audio properties in sage were set to use the Default Wave out device. I switched this to use my digital out on my motherboard and now the MP3 play to completion.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Sage Expert

I was also using the default wave out device and I switched it to just plain Default. Now they play to completion AND I have my vizualizations screen working again (it has been gone for a really long itme). Thank oh so very much!
Old 02-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stutters

Has anyone yet EXPERIENCED the dreaded stuttering with 2.2.5?

I'm running 2.2.4 and the only way I have been able to avoid it is running in AboveNormal priority. I've also been getting some unrecoverable 100% CPU utilization issues lately, so I'm hoping that 2.2.5 is reasonably clear of these types of issues.

Thanks,
-Greg
Old 02-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage Expert

I still get the stuttering
Old 02-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

I installed this release and have watch about 8 hours of recoreded and timeshifted shows with not pauses. Nice to be back with smooth video like I used to have.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok - I tried it out and the stutters are still there for me when running in "Normal" priority. The first recording Sage picked up (a manual recording I picked for testing) stuttered like crazy. I then tried to watch the recorded MPEG of that show on another PC, and the pauses were there too.

I then switched it up to "AboveNormal" priority, and the stutters have ceased.

Seems as though whatever introduced the problem between 2.0.20 and here (2.2.x) is still hanging around.

We'll see how the long term stability is...
-Greg
Old 02-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggerm
Has anyone yet EXPERIENCED the dreaded stuttering with 2.2.5?

I'm running 2.2.4 and the only way I have been able to avoid it is running in AboveNormal priority. I've also been getting some unrecoverable 100% CPU utilization issues lately, so I'm hoping that 2.2.5 is reasonably clear of these types of issues.

Thanks,
-Greg
I still get the stuttering. It seems to be something that builds over time. If I completely re-boot the PC, then the stuttering goes away, usually don't notice it until the next day or so. Then it progressively gets worse and worse.

Usually after three or four days it's unbearable and I have to re-boot.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggerm
Ok - I tried it out and the stutters are still there for me when running in "Normal" priority. The first recording Sage picked up (a manual recording I picked for testing) stuttered like crazy. I then tried to watch the recorded MPEG of that show on another PC, and the pauses were there too.

I then switched it up to "AboveNormal" priority, and the stutters have ceased.

Seems as though whatever introduced the problem between 2.0.20 and here (2.2.x) is still hanging around.

We'll see how the long term stability is...
-Greg
Greg, what do you mean by these priorities? Is this a setting somehwere?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Greg, what do you mean by these priorities? Is this a setting somehwere?
In the task manager (ctrl-alt-del), right click on any process in the Processes tab, and you can set the priority of that process as compared to all the other processes running. I believe this is the only way to change this. You may experience stability problems with Windows it says though.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 02-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

As RedCoat mentions, you can use the Task Manager to do the changing of priorities. If you do a search here on the forum, you can find some helpful command line items which can launch Sage in a higher than normal priority.

I have not seen any overall system instability using AboveNormal priority, but it has been reported that if you use High priority, you are going to choke off other programs from the processor. Using RealTime priority is strongly unrecommended, as it essentially dedicates the ENTIRE processor to this one program, which does lead to problems.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Sage Expert

i know there is a new release out now but I just wanted to ask if anybody has seen their SageTvService.exe spike to 99 CPU? I've never seen it prior to 2.2.5 but noticed it a couple of times this week. Also, when this happens, playback of a video file goes to twice as slow. Really really strange.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried changing the priority settings for Sage. The client worked fine, but when I try to change the priority of the service, I get the following message, "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." Any thoughts on this? I am full (sole) administrator.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
I tried changing the priority settings for Sage. The client worked fine, but when I try to change the priority of the service, I get the following message, "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." Any thoughts on this? I am full (sole) administrator.
Anyone?
Old 03-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

mbrown3 -

My understanding is that it is not possible to change the priority of a service using service-manager.

I did a little research and found this utility that supposedly allows you to change the process priority of a service.

Andy.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Andy, I'll check it out, but even if it works, I doubt it will allow service to STAY in above normal priority (like, next time I reboot, I doubt if service will start with that priority), and I don't want to have to run something like this every time I re-start the computer.

Someone on another thread suggested to change the shrortcut that starts sage to run it with high priority: cmd /c start /high "c:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTv\Sagetvservice.exe"

However, I can't find service in any startup folder. It seems like maybe the service control bypasses the need for anything in a startup folder, otherwise I could try this shortcut amendment to see if it would work. Any thoughts on this? Is the service being started by a link/shortcut somewhere (and if so, where can I find it so that I can try this)?