SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Failed records, multiple 1024K files

Well, was gone for a long weekend, came home to find Sage seemingly behaving normally... BUT, when I went to SageTV Recordings, it was totally blank, including programs recorded before this weekend. The shows selected to record over the weekend had started, but left multiple 1024KB files per program all over the place, and none of them usable. Any ideas? I've been running SageTV since November without any probs prior to this.

Sage TV v.2.1.10
2x PVR-250
WinXP
512MB
25GB free on video drive

Last edited by SageFL; 01-17-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Administrator

You've rebooted & the problem persists? Did you update/change anything on the system recently? If nothing was changed on the PC (hardware or software), I would look into the possibility of some hardware having gone bad.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Sage User

Ah, reboot...something I don't do often (usually get 150-300 days of uptime on a single boot). Was only going for a week or so before I rebooted, so it's not like it had been going for a couple hundred days straight before this occured. Seems to be working now, but none of my old shows appear in the archived shows nor in the SageTV Recordings...

1) is there any way to recover the program list?
2) why/what happened on this?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Administrator

It sounds like perhaps your wiz.bin file got corrupted somehow too, but I don't really know how/why that occurs. It should have reverted to the wiz.bak file. If that one had problems... do you backup such files yourself? I would still think about checking the drive for errors using the manufacturer's diagnositc utility -- can't hurt, even if that isn't the problem. (Something was causing those recording errors you mentioned.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:13 AM
Sage User

Does the wiz.bin file contain the favorites? All of those got wiped out as well...

Wish list for newer versions -- put all of this stuff in separate files, fewer items lost when files get corrupted.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageFL
Does the wiz.bin file contain the favorites? All of those got wiped out as well...
Yes, the Favorites settings are stored in wiz.bin too.

- Andy