SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

where is it that I can find/edit entries on network shared folders (imported videos)

is this info in the wiz.bin file? and I know I can make changes within sage but I need to see what is there, because I think that some of the things I removed are not actually being removed (as far as the "sagetvservice" can see)
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?

Last edited by reboot_this; 01-12-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

nobody knows the answer?

somebody must know this info, Frey are you there?
Old 01-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

In Sage properties file:
seeker/archive_directory=

I know it doesn't make sense for library files to call it archive directory, confusing since "archived" recording files not stored there, but that's what it is! Only know because I searched my prop file and that setting had my Library dir.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

R U talking about the paths themselves or the file extensions?
If your talking about the paths these can be edited in "Detailed Setup->General->Library Import Directories".

In the properties file it is the "seeker/archive_directory" entry

If your talking about the extensions:
In the properties file it is the "seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions" & "seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions" entries for music and video.

These can be edited directly in my STV at:
Detailed Setup->General->Music Library File Extensions
Detailed Setup->General->Library File Extensions
Old 01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

What do you want to change? your first message is not very clear.

If things do not exist on disk but still show up in the imported videos list, it is probably because sage cannot access the root import directory, so it cannot see that things hve been deleted (this is to avoid problems when network shares are temporarily offline)

Edit: (damn took took long to write this!)
If you remove the import directories (either in detailed setup or in .properties file) sage will remove the de-referenced items from it's internal DB as well.

Last edited by nielm; 01-13-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

okay okay, I didn't want to look like a dumba$$.... here's the scoop, I had some stuff shared on another computer networked to my sage box, then a friend comes along and says "hey, it would be more reliable for you if you mapped those drives instead"... so we did, then after it didn't work I merely tried to go back to what I had before..... this is where the migraine starts to grow,

I never was able to get back to where I was with one shared directory, everytime I go to open sagetv (yes, I run with the service on) my network starts transmitting full blast.. for no apparent reason. the whole reason I was wondering where I could edit/change the paths of my shared directories is because I thought that there might be a reference to those paths in the wiz.bin file...

I backed everything up that I had, and uninstalled sagetv and java, reinstalled both, and well sagetv and the service start just fine, and when I go to put cayars stv, my old properties files, and the wiz.bin files... well everything still works......... then I go to point sagetv at my shared directory and boom the network starts transmitting full blast.... you're probably wondering why I don't just let it finish.... well at one point after another fresh install of windows, sagetv, and java it did it again... so I just let it run.................................... about 10 hours later it was still going

so I turned it off, edited the properties files not to reflect that shared directory, started sagtv no problems.......... I unshared the folder while this activity was going on and windows pops up a warning message saying "there is 1 file open by 1 user, if you continue they may lose data or something"

(I even went to the extent of reformatting the drive the shared stuff was as well) still no luck............

any ideas?
Old 01-14-2005, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

There may be a bad file in that folder structure that Sage is gettin g 'stuck' on, causing an endless looping read (Sage tries to determine file length when they are imported).

You might be able to see which one if you monitor filesystem activity using NTFILEMON from www.sysinternals.com (filter for executable SageTV, then add your share.)

(if you find out which file is bad, move it somewhere outside of the import directory and report the bug to Sage -- they may want you to upload the file for analysis)