SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-20-2003, 12:34 PM

Bad Favorites Behavior

I am noticing that while my favorites are being recorded, they are not being recorded as soon as they can be. I have a new favorite added that never had a conflict with any other favorites. The show is on tonight at 10:00 PM and the same episode replays tomorrow at 10:00 AM. For some reason SageTV has decided to wait untill tomorrow to record this episode. According to the recording schedule there is another favorite set to record at the same time tonight BUT I have a dual tuner system.

Is there a reason why Sage is not recording this tonight? I have seen it schedule two shows at once before so I know it can do this.

EDIT: Just disabled the favorite that is recording at the same time and it scheduled the other one to record. It is acting like it will only schedule two favorites at the same time ONLY if it can't find a time to record each by itself in the future. This is kind of usefull since it leaves a tuner open for watching TV as much as possible but I would rather be able to watch my favotire shows ASAP

Thanks!

Last edited by mlbdude; 06-20-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

I see the same issue, but I have a 4 tuner setup.

It appears to only use one tuner for favorites if possible and leave most of the tuners free.

I too would prefer to have my favorites reccorded ASAP. I just went ahead and manually scheduled Monk to record tonight since I don't want to wait until
10 am tomorrow to watch it.

It might be nice to have an option chose wheter or not the system should try to leave one tuner available for ive TV or use all available tuners and reocrd shows ASAP.

John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 06-22-2003, 08:16 AM

Anything we can do about this Frey guys? It is kind of annoying standing over the water cooler the day after a favorite show has come on and be the only one who has not seen it yet.

Is the solution to watch it live when it starts or to set it up as a one time recording? I can do either of the above but it seems kind of contrary to why we use Sage

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Sage

There's an optimization that's done in the scheduling algorithms which is what is causing this to occur. I'm pretty sure I'll be OK if I disable that optimization. This'll be in the next release.