SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

View Poll Results: How many users are using a PVR-150 with SageTV?
Yes, I am having same/similar problems as Cmaffia 5 100.00%
No problems at all, worlds are not colliding! 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Unhappy Problems since 2.0 was upgraded

Having been plagued with problems with the Roslyn card which I returned) I went out and bought a PVR-150 which automatically meant I had to use 2.1 or higher since the PVR-150 isn't supported in 2.0.

I have been having so many issues with SageTV since. To make a long story short, after numerous reinstallations of the OS today and trying fresh installations of every version available including all betas up to 2.2.2, I have come to the realization that there is a problem with these SageTV's support for the PVR-150.

I would get constant freezes 10 seconds after viewing live TV which resulted in 100% CPU cycles and eventually a reboot of Windows XP. This would happen regardless of the decoder. These symptoms would happen even when the Sage decoder was the only decoder installed (the one that comes with SageTV). I would gradually add decoders and test... same results.

I have another SageTV box that has a PVR-250 running 2.2.2. It is the SAME EXACT PC as the other except that it has a PVR 250 card. I have no issues whatsoever with this PC and SageTV

I have already filled out a bug report hoping Frey Tech will address these issues. It is really disheartening that I have to rely on this method of installation.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Update

1) PVR-150/SageTV2.1 and higher - DEFINITELY an issue still with this. I feel it is something that will only be resolved when Frey addresses. I don't have the time nor the energy anymore to wrestle with SageTV and this 150 card.

2) PVR-250/SageTV2.1 and higher Forget my Java/Nielm's Webserver Plugin conflict either. I still had the same problems a day later.. I think now its just a general "Post 2.0" issue. SageTV has some new and nasty bugs. I hope they resolve quickly

3) Why does my other Sage box work so perfectly?? GOT ME!! The only theory I can think of is that box was updated from every version of 2.0 up to 2.2.2. Maybe Some legacy files left over from previous upgrades make it more stable... It's a mystery to me!

For me, I have yet to see the quartz.dll fix any of the above issues

For me, I have yet to see the newer DShowCapture.dll fix any of the above issues
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 01-02-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've been having problems with my PVR-150MCE as well. My box has three 250MCEs which have been working without any real problems since I started using SageTV (v2.0). I ordered a PVR-150MCE at the end of October and upgraded SageTV from v2.0 to v2.1 in order to support the 150.

I haven't been able to use my 150 at all as every time I try to watch/record TV with the 150, either SageTV crashes or Windows blue screens within seconds of accessing the 150. The 150 works fine in the WinTV2000 app. from Hauppauge. All three of my 250's don't give me any problems at all.

I've tried changing PCI slots for the 150, but that doesn't make a difference. I've tried numerous drivers as well, all without any sucess. Upgrading to SageTV v2.2.2 Beta didn't help either.

I contacted Frey and they sent me an upgraded DLL (DShowCapture.dll) which allows me to now watch/record something on the 150 for about 10 minutes before either SageTV crashes or Windows blue screens. So, for the time being I've disabled my 150 and am hoping Frey comes up with a solution by the time v2.2 goes gold.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Boolah,

Have you told them the DLL didn't work? Because if you haven't don't expect it to get fixed. Don't assume someone else will tell them, I see that a lot where people say "I've been waiting since version 'x' for this to get fixed" and Frey responds that nobody had reported that problem.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Have you told them the DLL didn't work? Because if you haven't don't expect it to get fixed. Don't assume someone else will tell them, I see that a lot where people say "I've been waiting since version 'x' for this to get fixed" and Frey responds that nobody had reported that problem.
Yup, they've been told. Even sent them the log files from the beta build of v2.2.2 in the hope they might help track down the problem.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah
Yup, they've been told. Even sent them the log files from the beta build of v2.2.2 in the hope they might help track down the problem.
Boolah - Your PC reacts the same as mine. Freezes then shortly after WinXP Pro bluescreens and reboots EVERY time.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-26-2004, 11:37 PM

I had the same problem, Only I fixed mine

I had the same problems described above starting with version 2.1.10 and continuing on into versions 2.2.1 and 2.2.2.
Here is how I fixed mine.

Deleted all versions of Java and the Java folders. Appears as you update
Java it does not remove the old versions. I found 3 old versions on my
system. Then I went into the registry and made sure no traces of Java
existed.

Deleted Sage TV and and the Frey Technologies folder. Then I went into
the registry and removed all traces of Sage TV and Frey Technologies.

Downloaded and installed the latest version of Java (JRE 1.4.2_6)
Downloaded and installed Sage TV Beta 2.2.2 (I did not use the old
Properties file and started everything fresh.

It now has been running for 3 or 4 days at a time and I only shut it down
when I have to restart Windows for other reasons. I can run any
of the six decoders I have on the system and the PQ is the best I have
ever had with Sage.

I hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:52 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman
I had the same problems described above starting with version 2.1.10 and continuing on into versions 2.2.1 and 2.2.2.
Here is how I fixed mine.

Deleted all versions of Java and the Java folders. Appears as you update
Java it does not remove the old versions. I found 3 old versions on my
system. Then I went into the registry and made sure no traces of Java
existed.

Deleted Sage TV and and the Frey Technologies folder. Then I went into
the registry and removed all traces of Sage TV and Frey Technologies.

Downloaded and installed the latest version of Java (JRE 1.4.2_6)
Downloaded and installed Sage TV Beta 2.2.2 (I did not use the old
Properties file and started everything fresh.

It now has been running for 3 or 4 days at a time and I only shut it down
when I have to restart Windows for other reasons. I can run any
of the six decoders I have on the system and the PQ is the best I have
ever had with Sage.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestions, but as I stated in my original message, all my attempts were fresh installations of OS and SageTV. I am really leaning toward the theory that this is possibly a SageTV/PVR-150 compatibility issue

Last edited by cmaffia; 12-27-2004 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Thanks for the suggestions, but as I stated in my original message, all my attempts were fresh installations of OS and SageTV. I am really leaning toward the theory that this is possibly a SageTV/PVR-150 compatibility issue
Boy, you have not been having much luck lately . I know it does not sound nice, but I have been using your experiences and staying away from any non-true 250's for awhile until either the drivers mature or Sage matures with them. I hope things get resolved for you soon.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Boy, you have not been having much luck lately . I know it does not sound nice, but I have been using your experiences and staying away from any non-true 250's for awhile until either the drivers mature or Sage matures with them. I hope things get resolved for you soon.
Glad to be the lab rat!
Good news is I get a PVR-250 tomorrow that Frey Tech sent me as a replacement for the Rosyln tragedy!

MLBDUDE - Please upgrade your 1.87 for 2.2 compatibility
I still use your STV exclusively because it runs lean and let's me deviate
slightly from SageTV's default without upsetting the apple cart.
All you would have to do is really fix the recording color issue OR I would just appreciate it if the new 2.2.2 options were accessible! PLEASE CONSIDER IT?

Last edited by cmaffia; 12-27-2004 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Glad to be the lab rat!
Good news is I get a PVR-250 tomorrow that Frey Tech sent me as a replacement for the Rosyln tragedy!

MLBDUDE - Please upgrade your 1.87 for 2.2 compatibility
I still use your STV exclusively because it runs lean and let's me deviate
slightly from SageTV's default without upsetting the apple cart.
All you would have to do is really fix the recording color issue OR I would just appreciate it if the new 2.2.2 options were accessible! PLEASE CONSIDER IT?
forget about my "fix" Sage is back to square one!!!!
A few recordings and 16 hours later and I am at a loss here!
I give up. I am COMPLETELY convinced that SageTV's support for the PVR-150 is majorly muffed up!
Old 12-27-2004, 07:17 PM

I know it would suck, but have you tried using the WinTV app to do some serious recording and scheduling? Maybe it is something up with the 150's drivers? Just reaching here .
Old 12-27-2004, 08:07 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I know it would suck, but have you tried using the WinTV app to do some serious recording and scheduling? Maybe it is something up with the 150's drivers? Just reaching here .
Awww dude you didn't say that!! I love Sage!!! I'll just have to wait for the PVR-250 to come and try the 150 when Frey gets it working.

It's not the drivers as WinTV works fine! It's only when used in SageTV

Hey you completely skirted my request to make MLBDUDE2.STV 2.2.2 compatible! :-)
Old 12-27-2004, 08:14 PM

I missed that . Mlbdude2 is dead . However, knowing what has changed in 2.2 that old STV should work fine. It will just be missing a couple of the new features.

You should move up to SageMC . It is pretty radical though.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:48 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I missed that . Mlbdude2 is dead . However, knowing what has changed in 2.2 that old STV should work fine. It will just be missing a couple of the new features.

You should move up to SageMC . It is pretty radical though.

Would it be alot of work to get the new features integrated in 1.8.7?
I won't push the request anymore BUT if you find the time I know it would
be much appreciated!

Back to the subject: IS ANY OTHER PVR-150 USERS EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME?
Old 12-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yuck I messed up the poll.. dont answer first question
Just the other two.. can I edit the poll????
No, but I just discovered that I can -- the poll is down to just the 2 questions you wanted.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.