SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Stability PRoblems

Ok I have been running SageTV for a little over a week now and have been plagued with lockups and crashes. I have tried several things to solve them but no luck. Here is my system spec:

MB: Asus A8V
CPU: Athlon 64 3200+
Video: Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 265MB
Tuner1: PVR-250MCE
Tuner2: PVR-150MCE
IR Blaster: USB-UIRT (using 2 zones)
IR Reciever: Same USB-UIRT
Decoders tried: NVDVD (latest 4.x ver), Intervideo (from WinDVD), ffdshow, and decoder in SageTV Beta.
OS: Windows 2000 Pro, all patches applied, including DX9.0c
render: VMR9
3d enabled

I started with the latest 2.1 ver of SageTV with only the standard STV. Started with using the standalone app, then tried with Service mode. With no luck I moved to the latest Beta ver. both in standalone and in service mode. Still got the same random lockups with no error message.

I ran a few bechmarks and ran Prime95 for 18+ hours and had zero problems and my temps stayed in good points CPU: 118F, MB: 100F.

I am using the latest haugpauge drivers, but thinking of reinstalling them however I doubt that will help.

My lockups are random but frequent. Usually get atleast one lockup for about every 1-2 hours of play. They only happen when activiely watching a show, so I suspect they are related to the decoders since it never seems to lockup if I am not playing back a video. I thought I had it narrowed down when I could "almost" reproduce the lockup by starting a recorded show in thumbnail view, stopping it then restarting it and it would lock up 3 times in a row that way. But then I could do it 6 times same way no lockup.

I have not tried disabling VMR9, that is my next try. However I would really like VMR9 enabled.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok it has been almost 2 days of stable running.

The change I made was to use Overlay instead of VMR9.

Anyone know why I would have issues with WMR9? And what I can do to make VMR9 more stable?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:46 AM

If VMR9 was causing problems it is probably something to do with your graphics driver or card.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
If VMR9 was causing problems it is probably something to do with your graphics driver or card.
Well I am running the latest ATI catalyst driver. Temps on the card seem to be ok, running around 48C (at first I thought that was hot, but according to other people that is a normal temp for a GPU).

I could try reinstalling the graphics driver, i doubt that would help much though. Any settings I should try changing on the driver? Should I reduce the AGP settings?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:53 AM

You might also want to try an older version of the driver. Newest is not always best. Also make sure you are running the latest version of DX9.